Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

If you can't kill her, then just disrupt her. Pharah is ****e when being focused on.

Hanzo can be good for one shotting her from distance while she's preoccupied.

*awaits hatemail*

Problem is she can be all over the place in the sky, can be difficult to get her.
    She's killed just as much as she kills, just odd to me that they didnt put another character that can be in the sky, could be a definsive 1 or what but the presence would worry/help if u get me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Problem is she can be all over the place in the sky, can be difficult to get her.
    She's killed just as much as she kills, just odd to me that they didnt put another character that can be in the sky, could be a definsive 1 or what but the presence would worry/help if u get me

Just seems like a cop out is what im tryin to say.
    Any tips at all for her and the game are all welcome people. Only level 15 so got a lot to learn yet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Soldier 76
    D.VA
    McCree
    Sombra
    Ana/Widowmaker

They're the most disruptive I think, for taking down a good Pharah. It's mainly Soldier's job to deal with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Whole team needs to work together to deal with a Pharah, not just one person. I find Zenyatta'a discord combined with Soldier/Mcree does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

A shut down Pharah is a useless Pharah.

You're posting like you've been wrecked by one. If your team comp isn't set up to deal with a Pharah, then yes, she will wreck you. If your team has 2/2/2 and you have something like a Mei/Junkrat on defense, one of them needs to change to something on Grayditch's list above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Guys, guys. It's been settled. If you're not playing Junkrat you're wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwqTAFQlJOg&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Grayditch wrote: »
    Soldier 76
    D.VA
    McCree
    Sombra
    Ana/Widowmaker

They're the most disruptive I think, for taking down a good Pharah. It's mainly Soldier's job to deal with her.

Honestly with the range a good pharrah plays at now days these are top of the list to deal with her imo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Anytime a Pharah bothers me I switch to Mcree or Soldier, problem solved.
    Pop her in the head for a quick kill or body shots for a slightly slower kill.
    If you're any good at tracking you'll be able to see where her rockets are going and step out of they way.

You used to be able to use a Bastion too but with the update taking down his accuracy I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

D.Va can be food against her too, as can Winston in certain situations.

Just message the player and politely ask them to stop.

• Advertisement

Today a Lucio on my team used his speed boost to beat me to a health pack... He was ahead of me anyway...it.. yeah...
    stifler-american-pie-25063180-356-367.jpg?1317677740

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Today a Lucio on my team used his speed boost to beat me to a health pack... He was ahead of me anyway...it.. yeah...
    stifler-american-pie-25063180-356-367.jpg?1317677740

They need to fix his damn hitbox anyway, one of our players had 7.5 mins on the point before

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They need to fix his damn hitbox anyway, one of our players had 7.5 mins on the point before

Nope he's perfectly fine.... If anything it needs to be made smaller... And make him faster... And make him more bouncy... I don't play Lucio I swear :pac:

Next to J-Rat, Lucio is my second most used. In retrospect, it was probably just muscle memory that the guy was using to stay alive. I've probably snatched health packs ahead of teammates, but not when the boost was available. It's a fine art bouncing between the two modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Soldier 76
    D.VA
    McCree
    Sombra
    Ana/Widowmaker

I have little trouble with Soldier at mid-to-long range, his damage drop-off & spread is too high to cause me concern.
    Same for McCree.

Sombra? Unless she's playing properly, I can focus her down even if she hacks me, her damage loses to mine (though I might die after killing her).

Hanzo, Ana & Widowmaker are the true dangers IMHO

Watching Valkia is great for learning some of the stuff Pharah can do, so use that to figure out counters.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I have little trouble with Soldier at mid-to-long range, his damage drop-off & spread is too high to cause me concern.
    Same for McCree.

Sombra? Unless she's playing properly, I can focus her down even if she hacks me, her damage loses to mine (though I might die after killing her).

Watching Valkia is great for learning some of the stuff Pharah can do, so use that to figure out counters.

Are you not in silver? I ask because at that level most people cannot aim as well and that's why Pharah is considered a great character to play the whole way to platinum.

In platinum you'll find it a lot harder as Pharah as most of the DPS will have better aim and the team will probably call out your position much better.

I play with a Diamond Solider and if a Pharah pops up anywhere in medium range he'll take her down very quickly. If she has a Mercy then we discord her and take her out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are you not in silver? I ask because at that level most people cannot aim as well and that's why Pharah is considered a great character to play the whole way to platinum.

In platinum you'll find it a lot harder as Pharah as most of the DPS will have better aim and the team will probably call out your position much better.

I play with a Diamond Solider and if a Pharah pops up anywhere in medium range he'll take her down very quickly. If she has a Mercy then we discord her and take her out first.

I am a lowly Silver, and yes I realise that I can't "main" only her ;)

Do note that Valkia is in GM and still uses her, so evidently the hitscan heroes aren't the be-all, end-all of Pharah.

I am a lowly Silver, and yes I realise that I can't "main" only her ;)

Do note that Valkia is in GM and still uses her, so evidently the hitscan heroes aren't the be-all, end-all of Pharah.

GM is a different story as well than your typical players in Platinum and Diamond. GM players tend to have a very high level of game awareness and technical skill that just isn't the same at lower levels.

Pharah is a very good character and can cause major problems, especially in the right hands. The main thing is to know when you should chance off her (or any character for that matter). If your constantly killed just change, don't keep trying to force it.

On your point of not only maining her I would disagree. At Silver and Gold a good Pharah will cause major problems to the other team more often than, and in general at those levels the other team just won't have the aiming skill to take you out on a consistent basis. Put your time into her now and improve and you'll fly up through the ranks next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I had a post moaning about phara a few pages back. After that game I went back to main as her again and I ended with a 65% win rate with her.

I've found that most effective thing against phara is zen/widow/mccree/ana.. soldier is very good but has limited range. Better phara players will use the map and distance to punish poor positining. She has loads of counters, I've even out battled other phara players. Such a great character to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I think Soldier 76 is the best hero for ranking up, if you play well you will be rolling in the gold medals.

• Advertisement

Sight808 wrote: »
    I had a post moaning about phara a few pages back. After that game I went back to main as her again and I ended with a 65% win rate with her.

I've found that most effective thing against phara is zen/widow/mccree/ana.. soldier is very good but has limited range. Better phara players will use the map and distance to punish poor positining. She has loads of counters, I've even out battled other phara players. Such a great character to play.

I'm useless fighting other Pharah :D

The more I play with Roadhogg, the more flaws I see, after my "OMG he's overpowered and I love it" post. It means the hook combo seem more understandable. He is constantly the focus of the other team's attention, naturally and it's really easy to get killed during his ult, which isn't as devastating as it looks. Missing with the hook in close quarters which happens with Genji and Tracer etc can leave you in big trouble.

I've found it so interesting to get used to every carachter, it makes it a lot easier to play against other people when you can better know/predict what they can/will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

People don't give the Hogg the respect he deserve's. Figure out his range and you're golden.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Symmetra needs a bit of a nerf. Her primary fire does insane damage, has a big clip size and autolocks, and she has a shield. I flanked a team last night and took out 4 of them pretty quickly. She can do more damage than a low-charged Zarya, especially as she doesn't have to aim.

Symmetra needs a nerf and Winston needs a buff. He goes down way too quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Lads/ladettes looking for a few tips.

Finished gold this season at a high of 2300s final rank 1953 and that's from a low of 1400s after a few days of bad Internet and leaving penalties due to disconects played 84 hours comp total tho so it's a fair representation of where I am.

Anyway I'm very good with mei, decent with zarya and reinhardt and a payable reaper.

However I need to add a good dps to my locker, I've been playing mcree a nice bit in off season, and I'm nailing the stun and fan the hammer kills, and the ult I have down usually at least getting a triple, I'm putting myself in good positions with him.

Sounds all good BUT I can't hit anything with my primary even when I get the drop I lose 1v1s and it's frustrating so any tips on mcree primary what sensitivity on ps4 controller etc.

Thanks in advance

If you're quick enough to headshot her she goes down fairly quick. A lot of carachters can escape her beam fairly quick. It is very melty to a lot of them, though.

jcd5971 wrote: »

Finished gold this season at a high of 2300s final rank 1953 and that's from a low of 1400s after a few days of bad Internet and leaving penalties due to disconects played 84 hours comp total tho so it's a fair representation of where I am.

Anyway I'm very good with mei, decent with zarya and reinhardt and a payable reaper.

However I need to add a good dps to my locker, I've been playing mcree a nice bit in off season, and I'm nailing the stun and fan the hammer kills, and the ult I have down usually at least getting a triple, I'm putting myself in good positions with him.

Sounds all good BUT I can't hit anything with my primary even when I get the drop I lose 1v1s and it's frustrating so any tips on mcree primary what sensitivity on ps4 controller etc.

Thanks in advance

Why do you need to learn a DPS? Learning how to play a healer would be better in my opinion. 9 games out of 10 the DPS will be insta locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

jcd5971 wrote: »

Thanks in advance

Hmm, you should defo be winning 1v1's as Mccree, it's where he excells at.

No idea what play on ps4 is like, but on PC I have my sen down much lower on mccree than anyone else. I also think playing against bots is good for warming up. I guess it's down to practice?

If you are finding mccree a bit hard, soldier can be more forgiving and can do serious damage and self heal.

Same for McCree.

Some of those tips :pac:

So all you had to do is consussive blast the ground, do a 180, shift into the air, while dodging enemies, fire a rocket at the soldiers feet and then get a direct air shot on him. No problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Sight808 wrote:
    If you are finding mccree a bit hard, soldier can be more forgiving and can do serious damage and self heal.

Yep soldier is good,unfortunately alot of times the person insta locking him isn't a great soldier, so still need some dps, plus of all the dps chars I like mcree, and I'm getting better just slowly.
    emmetkenny wrote:
    Why do you need to learn a DPS? Learning how to play a healer would be better in my opinion. 9 games out of 10 the DPS will be insta locked.

Your right but as I said above its usually a soldier and not everyone plays him well.

I won't be maining him in comp but just trying to get good with him for those matches in comp where the tanks and healers are picked and I'm left to dps, which is my weakest area, so trying to fix it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement