Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Yep soldier is good,unfortunately alot of times the person insta locking him isn't a great soldier, so still need some dps, plus of all the dps chars I like mcree, and I'm getting better just slowly.

Your right but as I said above its usually a soldier and not everyone plays him well.

I won't be maining him in comp but just trying to get good with him for those matches in comp where the tanks and healers are picked and I'm left to dps, which is my weakest area, so trying to fix it.

If two other people have picked DPS and won't change and you don't have a second healer then your chances of loosing go right up. There's no point in you picking a third DPS and dying over and over because your not being healed. Focus on learning a healer and help your team out.

If your team has two healers and the enemy has one you'll win more of those games than you'll lose no matter how poor your DPS is.

You've also said your aim isn't the best so what makes you think you'd do a better job than the other DPS?

Leaving one DPS is also fine as triple tank with two healers is very hard to counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

TiL that calling D.va's mech deals damage

ffs, I've been maining her since launch and didn't know that before now :o

Only does 50 damage though and in a very limited area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

emmetkenny wrote:
    If two other people have picked DPS and won't change and you don't have a second healer then your chances of loosing go right up. There's no point in you picking a third DPS and dying over and over because your not being healed. Focus on learning a healer and help your team out.

Never said anything about 3 dps, I was saying I need a good dps goto for matches where the other 5 pick healers/tanks leaving no dps unless I pick one.
    emmetkenny wrote:
    You've also said your aim isn't the best so what makes you think you'd do a better job than the other DPS?

To clarify said I was having issues with mcree's primary fire in particular hence looking for a few tips from people who play the hero on console,

For instance I main mei and I have no issues hitting heads with her alt fire at all, I even do decent with hanzo I just don't enjoy playing him tho.

So in general my aim is fine it's my aim with mcree that I'm having an issue with. Which is why I asked for any tips people picked up playing him, Im confident I'll get him to "click" but if some helpful tips speed up the process great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

McCree is the only hero I rarely ever play. I can't get to grips with him, with the controller, you really need that precise aiming or he gets into trouble a lot. That's just me, though.

Never said anything about 3 dps, I was saying I need a good dps goto for matches where the other 5 pick healers/tanks leaving no dps unless I pick one.

To clarify said I was having issues with mcree's primary fire in particular hence looking for a few tips from people who play the hero on console,

For instance I main mei and I have no issues hitting heads with her alt fire at all, I even do decent with hanzo I just don't enjoy playing him tho.

So in general my aim is fine it's my aim with mcree that I'm having an issue with. Which is why I asked for any tips people picked up playing him, Im confident I'll get him to "click" but if some helpful tips speed up the process great.

Ah I misread your original post so as I thought you said you struggle with aiming in general.

I don't think I've seen one game where one of the other five on my team haven't picked a DPS though.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote:
    Ah I misread your original post so as I thought you said you struggle with aiming in general.
    No worries, just that ****er his ult is so good tho, I see the potential in him to really change a game.
    emmetkenny wrote:
    I don't think I've seen one game where one of the other five on my team haven't picked a DPS though.

Yeah I played 84 hours comp and most of it solo queue, so I got a fair few teams of 5 and often they'd go 3 tank 2 healer/1 healer 1 support.
    And as a a mei main I felt I was leaving a lot of dps on the table, where a soldier or mcree would have helped more with the team.

Also it's console people make weird picks

No worries, just that ****er his ult is so good tho, I see the potential in him to really change a game.

Yeah I played 84 hours comp and most of it solo queue, so I got a fair few teams of 5 and often they'd go 3 tank 2 healer/1 healer 1 support.
    And as a a mei main I felt I was leaving a lot of dps on the table, where a soldier or mcree would have helped more with the team.

Also it's console people make weird picks

Mei can do serious work. She's very good on defense and if you can land alt fire hits she can be good on attack as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

To clarify said I was having issues with mcree's primary fire in particular hence looking for a few tips from people who play the hero on console

I've played against a few lads on PS4 who are great with him. I've the same issue as you. I find that I could drop a whole magazine and only hit with two bullets.
    The only time I'm dangerous with him is when I walk around a corner into someone and let off a flash bang in their face, then drill them with a fan of the hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Lower your sensitivity right down if you're on a controller for McCree. And practice with Ana bots, that helps.

madcabbage wrote:
    Lower your sensitivity right down if you're on a controller for McCree. And practice with Ana bots, that helps.

Nice one, what settings you using out of interest and do you do anything with aim assist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Nice one, what settings you using out of interest and do you do anything with aim assist?

Not near the console at the moment but I've mine turned down. The training range is a great tool. Work on your aim with the bots, try and find the comfort zone while strafing left and right. And I don't mess with the aim assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jesus, have been having the worst f*cking weekend on Mystery Heroes. Hasn't helped that I've been getting Widow, Hanzo, Mercy, D-Va, Torbjorn and McCree on a seemingly endless rotation, and when I have gotten a hero I'm good with we've been up against endless tanks, torbs and bastions.

It was only about half an hour ago I copped that with competitive over there's likely a higher quality of player in Mystery Heroes. Just reminds me why I stay out of Competitive altogether.

I saw this over on Reddit and had to laugh. What a cruel person.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5waw1a/pathetic/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Some of those tips :pac:

So all you had to do is consussive blast the ground, do a 180, shift into the air, while dodging enemies, fire a rocket at the soldiers feet and then get a direct air shot on him. No problem.

It's not as hard as it sounds.
    Quake rocket jumping is similar.

The worst pics for 3v3. I found this pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Play Pharah. She's almost never a bad pick.
    • Can do a lot of Damage to Rhein shield
    • Make Bastions life hell if you get the 1st Rocket off and hit with the subsequent 2 before he know whats up.
    • Tkaes Torjburn and a lot of Squishies out of the game, you harass them from afar
    • Decent ULT if you use it low enough to the ground (to reduce spread).
    • 150 damage with direct hits.
    • Splash damage.
    • Verticality & Manouverablilty.
    • Good on Attack and Defense
    • Can get high line of sight on Control/Assault maps earlier giving your team territorial advantage (think Bridges in Llang Llang tower Garden)
    • Booping
    She's also better on Console than she is on PC since it's harder for the likes of McCree (as you've seen) to pop off headshots on her since the whole KB&M thing vs Controller

There's a lot of info in this thread here that shows how she is a better Hero on Console and favoured by the top 500

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5v1ibc/overwatch_console_pharah_apocalypse/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=user&utm_source=reddit

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Season 4 comp and I would gladly say my main is going to be Mercy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Season 4 comp and I would gladly say my main is going to be Mercy :D

After playing in Silver last season due to leavers in placement matches I hope I get back into platinum this season. Better matches there and better team compositions.

Season 4 tomorrow, eh? No rest for the wicked.

After playing in Silver last season due to leavers in placement matches I hope I get back into platinum this season. Better matches there and better team compositions.

It can't always be down to leavers though. I found for every game someone on my team left the same would happen on the other team a few games later. It usually balances itself out.

• Advertisement

Pro Tip: If you're solo queuing and don't want to have a certain Hero on your team, pick them yourself to lock them and change when there is 3 seconds left

So if, like me, you find playing with Hanzos useless, pick him.
    The other 5 will hopefully build a team comp somewhat considerate of you being a Sniper, maybe 1 Tank and 1 Healer (lets not go mad and think you'd ever get 2/2/2 with Randoms)

Then BAM you change to another Tank and you have yourselves a team composition thats half-way decent and features zero of That Hero You Hate

It's a filthy mean tactic, but I DGAF, I'm sick of baby sitting idiots who "main" one average DPS Hero

Ever better if you're playing in a stack of 4 or 5, you can lock out wayyyy more Heros and force the Randoms into useful roles then BAM 3x Tank & 2 Support Meta before they knew what hit them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Pro Tip: If you solo queuing and don't want to have a certain Hero on your team pick them and change when there is 3 seconds left

So if, like me, you find playing with Hanzos usless, pick him. The other 5 will hopefully build a team comp somewhat considerate of you being a Sniper, maybe 1 Tank and 1 Healer (lets not go mad and think you'd ever get 2/2/2 with Randoms)

Then BAM you change to another Tank and you have yourselves a team composition thats half-way decent and features zero of That Hero You Hate

It's a filthy mean tactic, but I DGAF, I'm sick of baby sitting idiots who "main" one average DPS Hero

Ever better if you're playing in a stack of 4 or 5, you can lock out wayyyy more Heros and force the Randoms into useful roles then BAM 3x Tank & 2 Support Meta before they knew what hit them

From now on when I group with you I am forever a Hanzo <3 :pac:

jonnycivic wrote: »
    From now on when I group with you I am forever a Hanzo <3 :pac:

That's cool. As demonstrated last night I have no issues abruptly leaving for the sake of my own sanity :p

That's cool. As demonstrated last night I have no issues abruptly leaving for the sake of my own sanity :p

You and sanity dont belong in the same sentance will ya stop :P

Pro Tip: If you're solo queuing and don't want to have a certain Hero on your team, pick them yourself to lock them and change when there is 3 seconds left

So if, like me, you find playing with Hanzos useless, pick him.
    The other 5 will hopefully build a team comp somewhat considerate of you being a Sniper, maybe 1 Tank and 1 Healer (lets not go mad and think you'd ever get 2/2/2 with Randoms)

I see a flaw in your plan. What if you picking Hanzo tilts your team and then they go attack Torb, Widow, Genju and Symetera?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I see a flaw in your plan. What if you picking Hanzo tilts your team and then they go attack Torb, Widow, Genju and Symetera?

It's a risk. You just have to ask yourself if it's worth it.

You openly admitted that its a filthy tactic so I can't complain :pac:

I prefer to go for honest picks so you have more time to put a composition together. If someone wants to play Hanzo, so be it. I found at 3000+, people generally know what they are doing and aren't being cnuts

What if they were the ultimate Hanzo?!

Spoiler: they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

latest?cb=20130808210140

• Advertisement

Generic will need to go out and buy a new headset/pad/console due to the rage :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement