Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

New patch downloading on PS4 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Just as I've to head out. Ah well. Enjoy, guys.

Bastion all day erry day

You gun no longer reloads between bastion transitions. Slight nerf that I found handy before.

Wow, the changes to arcade mode playlists have made it terrible.

WTF were Blizzard thinking?

Your choices are: 3v3 elimination, 6v6 random heroes, 6v6 no limits or some random morons idiot game type.

All such a chore that I don't even think I'll bother getting my 3 weekly loot boxes. I'm not usually one to do the whole "THEY RUINED DE GAME!!!" bit but this is truly ****ing terrible and I just can't be arsed with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Interesting, they buffed Symmetra slightly, seems unnecessary that. Good to see they reduced Winstons critical hit area, hopefully should be able to survive a bit longer now.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Wow, the changes to arcade mode playlists have made it terrible.

WTF were Blizzard thinking?

Your choices are: 3v3 elimination, 6v6 random heroes, 6v6 no limits or some random morons idiot game type.

All such a chore that I don't even think I'll bother getting my 3 weekly loot boxes. I'm not usually one to do the whole "THEY RUINED DE GAME!!!" bit but this is truly ****ing terrible and I just can't be arsed with it.

What's different from before?

What's different from before?

They removed the arcade playlist that cycled through different modes at random, i.e. the fun one that normal people enjoyed playing to get their weekly loot boxes and replaced it with the boring ones and user created ones that are all utter rubbish/unjoinable.

10 minutes of playtesting would have shown how terrible an idea it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

An hour of Bastion:76 is all I need to see to know that he's bullshít.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They removed the arcade playlist that cycled through different modes at random, i.e. the fun one that normal people enjoyed playing to get their weekly loot boxes and replaced it with the boring ones and user created ones that are all utter rubbish/unjoinable.

10 minutes of playtesting would have shown how terrible an idea it was.

Was that not a temporary playlist for a limited time though?

Is mystery hero's still there?

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »

Is mystery hero's still there?

Sure is and after going 1W-7L i'm already tired of it. The other modes have no one playing them or at least i couldn't find any games on them in the 5+ minutes i left it searching on each of them.

The user created ones will either be you and the creator sitting in a menu waiting for other people to join (they won't) or you joining a game to spectate on other people playing.

Disastrous patch.

Sure is and after going 1W-7L i'm already tired of it. The other modes have no one playing them or at least i couldn't find any games on them in the 5+ minutes i left it searching on each of them.

The user created ones will either be you and the creator sitting in a menu waiting for other people to join (they won't) or you joining a game to spectate on other people playing.

Disastrous patch.

I think your being a bit unfair there. The Server Browser is a good idea but it's still new so it'll take time for people to figure it out fully and what it can offer.

Mystery Hero is the best Arcade mode in my opinion. It's not the end of the world if you loose it's just for some fun. Also bear in mind the patch has just dropped so servers might be a bit light yet with people still logging in and downloading it. Give it a week or so and it'll be finding games fairly quickly again once everyone is back playing again with Competitive out tomorrow.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think your being a bit unfair there. The Server Browser is a good idea but it's still new so it'll take time for people to figure it out fully and what it can offer.

Mystery Hero is the best Arcade mode in my opinion. It's not the end of the world if you loose it's just for some fun. Also bear in mind the patch has just dropped so servers might be a bit light yet with people still logging in and downloading it. Give it a week or so and it'll be finding games fairly quickly again once everyone is back playing again with Competitive out tomorrow.

Earlier tonight i was getting games in the random-mode 6v6 arcade playlist in about 30 seconds (it was easily the most popular, making its removal even more bewildering).

That gets patched out and within an hour the only mode people are playing in arcade seems to be 6v6 random hero and that mode is utter garbage.

This is going to lose the game a whole lot of players. I'm at the point that i can't be bothered with arcade any more because of this.

An hour and a bit to get one win of the nine i need to get this weeks three loot boxes is ****e, i could tell by how people were playing that they didn't give a **** any more. I have other games i want to play. I'm not putting Christ-knows how many hours into playing a boring game mode to do something i could do in about 2 hours previously.

I played a few games of Quickplay there to see what's up with Bastion. Only played 5, four against him and one AS him.

I'm not sure if he seems better because people are playing him with the brash confidence of someone who has been told they're immortal or if he's actually overpowered now.

I'm more concerned about his healing on the go, than his new Soldier 76 rifle, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Grayditch wrote: »

I'm more concerned about his healing on the go, than his new Soldier 76 rifle, I think.

I'd be amazed if that lasts longer than a week on console.

Game breaking change, imo

From Reddit and on Pc I believe.

I think I'm gonna hold off doing my placement matches until I see how this plays out.

Earlier tonight i was getting games in the random-mode 6v6 arcade playlist in about 30 seconds (it was easily the most popular, making its removal even more bewildering).

That gets patched out and within an hour the only mode people are playing in arcade seems to be 6v6 random hero and that mode is utter garbage.

This is going to lose the game a whole lot of players. I'm at the point that i can't be bothered with arcade any more because of this.

An hour and a bit to get one win of the nine i need to get this weeks three loot boxes is ****e, i could tell by how people were playing that they didn't give a **** any more. I have other games i want to play. I'm not putting Christ-knows how many hours into playing a boring game mode to do something i could do in about 2 hours previously.

Is it the random Brawl your saying is gone? If so the Brawls have always rotated regularly so this was to be expected.

Just because a rotating Brawl is rotated out the game won't loose loads of players. That's just wild speculation.

Mystery Hero is great fun to jump onto and just play a few different characters. Yes teams can be unbalanced but thats the luck of the draw. I'm never waiting more than a few seconds for a game in Mystery Hero since it was launched.

I don't tend to play 3v3 or 1v1 that often unless I only have a few minutes to kill.

I think your being extremely critical, especially considering Competitive went live again last night and in my experience most people jump straight back into that once available and obviously that will have an effect on the Arcade mode wait times as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Every single placement match has featured Bastion (I even played him once) so far, where as in season 3 he was rarely picked. I dunno what to make of the changes, it's certainly mixed things up a bit and I will admit to enjoying having to work together to bring Bastion down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Changes made to spawn times :

https://youtu.be/DZqDy1p_nR8

Benzino wrote: »
    Every single placement match has featured Bastion (I even played him once) so far, where as in season 3 he was rarely picked. I dunno what to make of the changes, it's certainly mixed things up a bit and I will admit to enjoying having to work together to bring Bastion down.

I saw him a lot on payload maps last season but I'd say he'll be in all games for the next while.

I think you'll have to team shoot him if you want to burn him anyway quickly.

• Advertisement

I think I'm gonna hold off doing my placement matches until I see how this plays out.

I was consistently getting wrecked by genji. Same thing would happen if you take on any hero getting healed by mercy and you don't focus her tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Have to agree with Emmet here. As Lucio would say, why are you so angry?

No-one is forcing you to play OW, or to play Arcade. You are not entitled to Loot Boxes at any particular rate, or even at all. They will come naturally, just play the game whatever way you enjoy.

I love the Arcade, all the modes except 1v1 (too stressful) and I'd no issues finding games. Last night took 10-30 seconds longer but as was mentioned everyone is straight back to Comp. It'll even out.

Also Mystery Heroes is great fun, even with the element of occasional random steamrolls.

I was consistently getting wrecked by genji. Same thing would happen if you take on any hero getting healed by mercy and you don't focus her tbh.

Season 1. Genji meta. Whoever has the best Genji wins.

The game will never be worse than at that point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Capture theflag was a disaster until they pulled it, people were invisible all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Literally had my mouth open in disbelief the whole time watching that. And genji is the fastest character in the game?! Bastions survivability is gonna go through the roof now. All he has to do now is sit on the back lines and spray and pray. If he takes a hit move off to a hidey hole to repair, rinse and repeat.

Have any of the snipers got a buff to counter this?

He seems to heal really fast. I need to play more today to see what's up, the heal is limited and the turret spread is larger. Maybe this is to get more Sombras into action.

He seems to heal really fast. I need to play more today to see what's up, the heal is limited and the turret spread is larger. Maybe this is to get more Sombras into action.

Thats a good point. If this is going to be the craic in season 4,a lot of people are going to have to get good at Sombra I think, just to keep Bastion off the field

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thats a good point. If this is going to be the craic in season 4,a lot of people are going to have to get good at Sombra I think, just to keep Bastion off the field

Pharah rockets can destroy Bastions if you are acurate enough to hit one after the other. I had great fun with her last night against a team of bastians :D

When I played him last night I had the discord orb on me for the entire game!

• Advertisement

Welcome back to the meta Bastion...you weren't missed mate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement