Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

*raises hand*

My name is GenericDreadhead and I have parked the bus -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Grayditch wrote: »
    Jaysus. You see stuff like that when the other team didn't get anywhere when they were attacking. Full on parking the bus.

hanamoura, volskya, places like that with a main choke, eichenwalde....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

*raises hand*

My name is GenericDreadhead and I have parked the bus -_-

Ah now your ar$e isnt that big :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

There's definitely nothing wrong with it. I think people are wise to how to deal with it these days, maybe. Not the people on my teams when I solo queue, though :) It's just a 1 v 6 conveyer belt feeding into a meat grinder!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

D.va defense matrix is bugged

• Advertisement

It just got an another update on PS4, I wonder was that it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Just realised the mobile app hasn't been posting when I reply -_-

One for the Junkrats:
    https://youtu.be/M2brkCcQ4CA

Dunno why I never thought of this, using mines for double jumping. Some handy shortcuts open up. There's a part two after if part one is useful.

Grayditch wrote: »
    It just got an another update on PS4, I wonder was that it.

Probably not. I'd say that was the fix for capture the flag.

Fixing that D.Va thing will probably take a bit more time. It was only discovered a few hours ago

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ouchies, I knew I was taking damage. Thought I was going mad tbh but I did take some clips I must pop on and upload them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished 6-4. Got 3064.

Same ol' same ol'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Trying out Bastion in QP.. doesn't seem as bad as I thought.. tried shooting a phara down and it was much harder than it was pre patch. If anything it just made bastion a bit more playable, he's not the easiest of heroes in the game, requires a lot of moving about to get the most out of him..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

JBiB2fo.jpg

Thats funny, in fairness.

Fúck Bastion, seriously. It's bloody absurd how tanky and powerful he is. Blizzard's idea of re-balancing is just making someone OP as fúck for a while.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Blizzard's idea of re-balancing is just making someone OP as fúck for a while.

And fcuking D.Va at every turn :pac:

I'd love to know how many people are playing her right now in comp as a counter to Bastion, without even realising that they're getting wrecked because of that defense matrix bug.

Blizzard haven't even acknowledged that it's a problem. A dev said thanks to someone who posted a vid on their forums yesterday. That's it like!

Imagine how pissed you'd be after doing placements only to learn that there was a major KNOWN bug handicapping you, that Blizzard chose to keep quiet about rather than making it known on Twitter or whatever.

D.Va was extremely strong for a while before they reversed her health and armour. Plus they gave her extra 100 HP/armour.

Still waiting for Winston to be OP....

It might just be a case of us re-evaluating our approach, lads. Maybe that's the real change. Maybe that's the challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Blizzard haven't even acknowledged that it's a problem. A dev said thanks to someone who posted a vid on their forums yesterday. That's it like!

Imagine how pissed you'd be after doing placements only to learn that there was a major KNOWN bug handicapping you, that Blizzard chose to keep quiet about rather than making it known on Twitter or whatever.

In fairness, that dev said he was working on it. They also probably don't want to advertise it in case people try to exploit it, which is fair enough.

Benzino wrote: »
    In fairness, that dev said he was working on it. They also probably don't want to advertise it in case people try to exploit it, which is fair enough.

That dev is a level/map designer though.

Most of the time it procs without either the D.Va or enemy being aware of it... All you need to be doing is stand behind a team mate and fire towards D.Va. She takes damage.

They officially commented on and pulled Capture the Flag mode after 2 hours yesterday until they could fix it.

I don't think there's any reasonable excuse for ignoring this.

That dev is a level/map designer though.

Most of the time it procs without either the D.Va or enemy being aware of it... All you need to be doing is stand behind a team mate and fire towards D.Va. She takes damage.

They officially commented on and pulled Capture the Flag mode after 2 hours yesterday until they could fix it.

I don't think there's any reasonable excuse for ignoring this.

Its like the defense matrix fails 100% of the time, it's only under certain conditions so it's reasonable not to advertise the issue in case people try to exploit it.

How are they ignoring it, they are actively working on the issue. It only became known thus evening.

• Advertisement

Its like the defense matrix fails 100% of the time, it's only under certain conditions so it's reasonable not to advertise the issue in case people try to exploit it.

How are they ignoring it, they are actively working on the issue. It only became known thus evening.

Because they haven't said that they're working on it, a mod has replied on the forum is all.

They haven't acknowledged that a problem exists whatsoever.

Hundreds of people have been messaging them on Twitter, and there has not been one single reply to anyone addressing the issue.

Because they haven't said that they're working on it, a mod has replied on the forum is all.

They have said they are working on it. It was the Bug Report section of the forum, and a Blizzard employee replied saying
    Working on it, thanks for the video.

I think it's safe to say they are working on it.

They have said they are working on it. It was the Bug Report section of the forum, and a Blizzard employee replied saying

I think it's safe to say they are working on it.

I'm sure they are 'working' on it, but why are they not addressing it in any real way.

It's a major bloody bug. Why can't they issue an advisement for people not to choose D.Va in comp while its been investigated?

It's a very easily reproducible thing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I'm sure they are 'working' on it, but why are they not addressing it in any real way.

It's a major bloody bug. Why can't they issue an advisement for people not to choose D.Va in comp while its been investigated?

It's a very easily reproducible thing

No dva please? if it doesnt work when people choose widow and hanzo it'll not work when people choose dva

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Played five ranking games last night. Won three, drew one and lost one. We should really have won the one we drew but they managed to get a teleporter down and got everyone back one the point in overtime and wiped us with Ults.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Played five ranking games last night. Won three, drew one and lost one. We should really have won the one we drew but they managed to get a teleporter down and got everyone back one the point in overtime and wiped us with Ults.

The old back line teleporter, turns everything on it's head when it's pulled off at the end of the round!

Played 4, won 2 and lost 2. Solo queue is still tough, only one of the four matches had anyone using comms.

I'll be back on Friday evening Emmet if you and the regulars are around, maybe knock out a few more placements.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The old back line teleporter, turns everything on it's head when it's pulled off at the end of the round!

Played 4, won 2 and lost 2. Solo queue is still tough, only one of the four matches had anyone using comms.

I'll be back on Friday evening Emmet if you and the regulars are around, maybe knock out a few more placements.

It was first point Hanamura. We stopped them capping the first point and they'd a Torn, Bastion and Symetera on defense with a Rein Anna and Mercy.

There Mercy got two five man Res off earlier in the round. Then Symetera dropped her teleport above us to the left (must have been hiding up there) and a Torb and Bastion ran out. Torb dropped a lvl 1 turret and Ulted, Bastion came through the teleport as a Nanoboosted tank and between the two just ripped through our shield and us.

Yea should be on. John and Coop should be on and might see a few of the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

emmetkenny wrote:
    There Mercy got two five man Res off earlier in the round. Then Symetera dropped her teleport above us to the left (must have been hiding up there) and a Torb and Bastion ran out. Torb dropped a lvl 1 turret and Ulted, Bastion came through the teleport as a Nanoboosted tank and between the two just ripped through our shield and us.

...that sounds like a f*cking class match in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

I played Bastion last night and have never felt so god like. Now I don't know if it was because the other team was ****, or my team were good at keeping the front lines pushed up so I could to the devils work from the back, but i was wrecking after only a few seconds. Any time i took more than 2 or 3 shots I just buggered off into a corner and healed, i moved around in recon mode for the lols,(and killed), all the while healing. Most of the damage i done was from afar in sentry and it still felt that even with the increased bullet spread I was shredding people. Every match we played last night had a bastion in it. Transformers is the meta now. We are back to season 1 again with the rhein shield and bastion combo.

DVA bug needs to be fixed quick. I am glad this was caught by the lads here as we did not risk comp placements last night as we have 2-dva mains that we use on a regular basis.

• Advertisement

Ah in fairness deadly we steam rolled a few of those matches :pac:

I have to say tho, mystery heros is great craic. Got McCree and went on a rampage with him when I've never really used him before, 23 Kills i think i ended up with him over 2 picks. Will give him more of a run out in the future :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement