Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Ah in fairness deadly we steam rolled a few of those matches :pac:

I have to say tho, mystery heros is great craic. Got McCree and went on a rampage with him when I've never really used him before, 23 Kills i think i ended up with him over 2 picks. Will give him more of a run out in the future :)

True we did, but i don't think I should of been that good with him and racking up those numbers after only picking him twice since I have gotten the game at launch. I just felt I was being let away with murder (literally)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

True we did, but i don't think I should of been that good with him and racking up those numbers after only picking him twice since I have gotten the game at launch. I just felt I was being let away with murder (literally)

We you did have a decent mercy looking after you :P

The amount of times I caught McCree mid "High-Noon" with Soldier was funny, the same fella lost 2 of them in a game to me. He dropped down ahead of me and hit his ult, i used my rocket and a couple of bullets and he was dead. Sombra really done my head in on one of the matches, sneaking in behind and catching me with my pants down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Having fun in comp , new bastion meta shaking things up , lots more sombra plays. Finished placement and played a few more games last night

3651 SR

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

papu wrote: »
    Having fun in comp , new bastion meta shaking things up , lots more sombra plays. Finished placement and played a few more games last night

3651 SR

Called it yesterday re Sombra, I seemed to be getting hacked a lot as Rein last night on QP. I'm glad to see her stretch her legs a bit....the annoying little cow :)

Called it yesterday re Sombra, I seemed to be getting hacked a lot as Rein last night on QP. I'm glad to see her stretch her legs a bit....the annoying little cow :)

Yeah takes a while to get used to her , she has bullets for days, I'm always expecting a reload but it never happens!

Graviton + hack + Dva ended in a quintuple kill on Volskaya yesterday where we all pushed second point via the floating platforms. Much teamwork

People looking to get higher SR , Solo Que and play support / fill in team compositions, play the most useful role not necessarily the most fun one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

papu wrote: »

3651 SR

Fair play! Was that a bump from last season or pretty similar?

Fair play! Was that a bump from last season or pretty similar?

Up from 3520! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Played 4 of my matches so far, 1 loss, 2 wins a a draw... oddly one of my wins came from a game where we didnt have a tank for 3 rounds.. absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sight808 wrote: »
    Played 4 of my matches so far, 1 loss, 2 wins a a draw... oddly one of my wins came from a game where we didnt have a tank for 3 rounds.. absolute joke.

Why didn't you switch to one?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

5 swings of Genji's ult? Bastion: Nah, son.

https://gfycat.com/RecklessSelfassuredConey

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

J. Marston wrote: »
    5 swings of Genji's ult? Bastion: Nah, son.

https://gfycat.com/RecklessSelfassuredConey

Holy crap, I was running soldier with a mercy healing me yesterday in quick play. Genji swiped me once I was nearly dead....

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Why didn't you switch to one?

I started as Zarya.. but we entered tilt city after our hanzo had a go at the sombra and the bastion for not pulling their weight.. think we had a reaper and a mercy also... Lost first point...lots of expletives in chat... I log out of chat and mic... pick soldier instead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Holy crap, I was running soldier with a mercy healing me yesterday in quick play. Genji swiped me once I was nearly dead....

That seemed a bit extreme alright, but in fairness their Lucio was boost healing him also. The thing about this scenario is that the recent changes did not make Bastion more powerful in that situation, he was able to do the above before the patch. It just seems people are giving him more of a chance now.

Benzino wrote: »
    That seemed a bit extreme alright, but in fairness their Lucio was boost healing him also. The thing about this scenario is that the recent changes did not make Bastion more powerful in that situation, he was able to do the above before the patch. It just seems people are giving him more of a chance now.

Don't think so. Ironclad is the difference.

Benzino wrote: »

He heals slightly quicker now too, now granted I only played a small amount of games with him before the patch but after the patch it felt alot quicker with the healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

He heals slightly quicker now too, now granted I only played a small amount of games with him before the patch but after the patch it felt alot quicker with the healing.

Heals on the move too in Recon mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Ah, wasn't aware of that! I like the change it's made to the meta, mixes it up quite a bit :)

Bastion's healing used to be 75hp/s

What is it now?

Bastion's healing used to be 75hp/s

What is it now?

No difference according to patch notes, just

Bastion takes 35% less damage while in Sentry or Tank configuration and , the big one , Self repair is no longer interrupted by taking damage

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Bastion is a fúcking pig right now, as Pharah I struggle to kill him with 3-4 rockets :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Bastion is a fúcking pig right now, as Pharah I struggle to kill him with 3-4 rockets :(

We were testing it out in a private match last night. Bastion can take 5-6 rockets from Pharah while self-healing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Missed this.

Nanoboosted Bastion is unkillable by High Noon / D.Va Selfdestruct.

Or anything other than another Bastion's full Ult.

^^

The only reason the other Bastion could kill it is because the Nanoboost wore off just before the last shell hit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This was a f**king stupid change by Blizzard.

Bastion had a place in the game, maybe not at Top 500 Meta PC place, but he had a role and did it well.

Now he doesn't really have a "Hard Counter".

Pharah is my 3rd most played characters and she struggles with him cause after the 2nd rocket hits, he just ups and runs away healing and comes back out later.
    And you can't follow him cause he'll be too far away practically (if you're doing your job correctly as Pharah) and if you are close he can pick you out as easily as Soldier.

His closest thing to a "Hard Counter" now is Sombra and that's IF she can Hack him AND then kill him with her gun (varies by player ability)

Why they felt the need to have him step into the role Soldier occupies is beyond me.

It's stupid how effective his healing is and what he can tank now. May aswell just reclassify him to a Tank or DPS

And fwiw, before people waxes all lyrical about how we just need to learn to play him etc, Bastion is my 5th most played character.
    So it's not some Hero i never play and hate cause he's wrecking me. I've put ~20 hours into him pre-buff (across QP, Comp and Arcade)

Now you essentially need to focus him with like 4 Heros (and maybe an Ult or 2) to kill him or dedicate a permanent spot on your team to someone who can play Sombra well. There is no other hero in the game thats you need to focus this much concentrated effort on. Even Rheinheart FFs, and he's a Walking Melee Meatshield

Stupid patch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Character mechanics / abilities - https://playoverwatch.com/en-gb/heroes/orisa/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Looks like a nice versatile tank. I suspect the gravity doowhatsit will have the most impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Jeff has also posted saying that his own personal experience was that he felt Bastion is a little too strong and they are tweaking numbers right now, so immortal Bastion won't be around for long. Rolling out to PTR today, possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Queues are piling up on PTR already

• Advertisement

Is their a general timeframe from when PTR changes go into the full game? Just wondering how long console players will have to suffer Invincible Bastion.

Seriously, taking a Pharah ult at point blank range or a D.Va ult right in front of him was just crazy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement