Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

RedXIV wrote: »
    Hey guys, didn't try the beta, but the more I hear about this, the more I like it, is there a demo? Just so I can taste before I buy?

Don't think so, it's deliberately not F2P to prevent muppets ruining the experience.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Finally got my copy (don't ya love payday?) so I might see some of you this weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Nope, no Demo.
    I suggest go watch a Stream for an hour on TWITCH, you'll get the jist and will know if you'll like it or not
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Don't think so, it's deliberately not F2P to prevent muppets ruining the experience.

Cheers guys. I need something for a few of us to play online and this looks like it might suit us well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Just started playing it there, couldn't play the beta with college stuff but free now and loving the game. Playing on PS4 if folks want to add me, I'll try and add people from the thread too.

NotorietyH is my SEN ID

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DiscoMouse

I'm a nice lad who means well. Anybody wants to team up for a slight improvement on random queuing feel free to add me: YandoTheMan#2802

edit: On PC btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

PLayed beta and really enjoyed it. While going to give it a miss for a bit, think I'll pick this up at the weekend once I move my PC to the new house.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Has anyone else had the chat audio bleed into the game when playing without a headset, did not expect to hear "Yo just f*ucked that h*** in the ass with a rocket" while babysitting my 5 year old niece, had somebody shouting in Chinese for awhile as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Xenji wrote: »
    Has anyone else had the chat audio bleed into the game when playing without a headset, did not expect to hear "Yo just f*ucked that h*** in the ass with a rocket" while babysitting my 5 year old niece, had somebody shouting in Chinese for awhile as well.

I think you're automatically placed in the chat channel. Well that's what comes up on my screen every game I join.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

can knock that off in the options

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

On PC here playing on ASIA servers, not heard 1 person talking yet. They don't even type to each other :rolleyes: ...not sure if a good or bad thing

Also....I've never really been a fan on loot or extra skins etc in games, but I honestly LOVE the Loot Crates in this....I'm always trying to squeeze in an extra game or 2 to get the EXP to level up to get 1.

(Just test myself, you get the same EXP for a Med game as you do a HARD AI)...Mediums can be over in 2 mins...so probably the best way to level up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Is armour as good as health in this, or is one one slightly more resilient?

Ugh really want some form of structure to these games. I hate the idea that anyone on my team can leave whenever they want while I'm trying my hardest. I want match making like in csgo where if you leave you get a cooldown.

I have it off, I do not use a headset, it happened with the Beta as well, you can hear the voice chat coming over the audio of the game and it usually lasts about 10 seconds, this is with the PS4 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

I have it off, I do not use a headset, it happened with the Beta as well, you can hear the voice chat coming over the audio of the game and it usually lasts about 10 seconds, this is with the PS4 version.

This might sound stupid but on one map there is a sound that i thought was a mic, and iv heard it every time on that same map.

This might sound stupid but on one map there is a sound that i thought was a mic, and iv heard it every time on that same map.

Thought it was something like that first but I can make out words, you can tell people are using pretty cheap mics as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

can you share replays easily? just had an amazing PotG with winston, smashed 4 players off a bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

froog wrote: »
    can you share replays easily? just had an amazing PotG with winston, smashed 4 players off a bridge.

Not sure on sharing from within game, i dont think its possible (yet)

But if you have geforce experience software installed for your gfx card (and your system is good enough) you can record like a minute and a half of footage by the press of a button. Only thing im lacking is my GFX card which i aim to replace soon.

The play of the games can be weird, i just got one as Tracer, killed a guy, ran around corner over last capture point, jumped down and dropped ult in between group of enemies, recalled out and blew up like 3 people and winning the game. but the POTG only showed me drop down and recall out and then ended before kills happened :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is there a €40 version available for consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is there a 40 version available for consoles?

No unfortunately not. Still full price right now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hit "P" if your on PC and it takes you to the page where you can set this up, click on team and a little circle will show inside the headset icon so signify connection to team channel.

• Advertisement

I haven't been any good at an online game in years, this feels good for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Opened my 6th box from levelling :P

387137.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Nice, the only graphical change skins i got so far are Genji's Nomad and Reinhardt's Stonehardt.. both pretty bad ass ;D

Anybody know what levels the loot crates stop at? is it 50?

I'm currently at level 20 :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Reinhardt is swiftly becoming one of my favourites. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Falthyron wrote: »
    Opened my 6th box from levelling :P

387137.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Got my hands on a copy of this for PC. Overall this is my impression.

i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-but-i-know-im-doing-it-really-really-well-quote-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Does anybody else feel that the stats at the end of the match just aren't enough? When I lose I want to see where we went wrong or what hero wasn't pulling their weight. Just seeing your own stats really isn't enough to judge this.

Yeah, I'd love a full breakdown after every game. Just something I'd find interesting. I love the hero stat pages. Some serious difference in the games I've played with different heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I agree and disagree. It would be interesting, but if each match was followed by a stat breakdown, said breakdown would obviously include KDR, which would inevitably lead to even more people playing to boost their KDR rather than playing the objective. With the current system, it gives recognition when its deserved for the most part, and discourages the KDR boosters, so I think its a fair balance. I also think the fact that stats aren't revealed makes the game a lot more appealing to people who aren't amazing at online games. The fact that your flaws aren't highlighted after every game makes it a lot easier to relax and enjoy the gameplay rather than stressing about numbers. Games with a heavy focus on team play (MOBAs, class shooters etc.) tend to turn into venomous slagging matches when people can see who is bringing a team down, and I have definitely noticed a lot less mic abuse in Overwatch than I have in say Smite or more recently Paragon.

Plus if you really want to figure where your team failed you always have the option of playing with pre-mades, hash it out after the match with one another, figure out the flaws in your strategy.

• Advertisement

They're definitely not into showing KDR and I'm with them on that. But the characters have such diverse skills that are not always shown on the cards screen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement