Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Anyone tried Roadhog hook 3.0? Impressions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Im gonna say were gonna see Orissa in the full game come tuesday. If I remember correctly, Sombra didnt last long in the PTR before being deployed to the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That ultimate looks good. Like a Mercy damage boost for everyone close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

That Fortify ability can stop a charging Rein and take most of his health!! :D

4 tank meta incoming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

aaaaah man.. won 6/10 for placement matches and ended up in silver.. I ended season in mid gold...getting really tired of having to drag myself back up each season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Looks like a nice versatile tank. I suspect the gravity doowhatsit will have the most impact.

Its a direct counter to lucios speed, they needed another speed altering hero

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Played around with her on the Training Server. I really like her. Gun does pretty high damage and doesn't have much falloff, clip is huge at 200, but has really bad spread and the projectiles are slow, so I think she's supposed to do suppressing fire? Just keep hammering away at the enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's hard to judge Orisa play when every PTR game has at least 3 of her per team :D

She's fun though.
    I'll definitely learn her.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sight808 wrote: »
    aaaaah man.. won 6/10 for placement matches and ended up in silver.. I ended season in mid gold...getting really tired of having to drag myself back up each season

Finished my placement last night. 7 wins, 2 losses and a draw. Got around 2580 which is roughly where i finished last season but about 250 below my season high.

I ranked low gold last season so about a 350-400 difference from then.

• Advertisement

Played bastion properly. He sucks. I don't like playing against him at all. Ironclad needs to rethought

Played bastion properly. He sucks. I don't like playing against him at all. Ironclad needs to rethought

The problem is now the team that kills the enemy Bastion first has a massive advantage.

So far it's Reins set up, Bastion sets up behind shield, shoot shields to burn down first, first shield to drop looses the fight because Bastion will rip through you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Looks like a nice versatile tank. I suspect the gravity doowhatsit will have the most impact.

Yeah I've seen clips of the PTR of people using it to pull people into the Well on Ilios or the temple in Nepal. Unlike Zarya's ult, it doesn't need to hit against anything solid, just travels a certain distance and then pulls everyone towards it. She'll definitely have a huge impact on maps like that, more so than Roadhog or Pharah considering it takes much less aim/targeting.

Anyone know how long her ult lasts or does it keep going until it's destroyed?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah I've seen clips of the PTR of people using it to pull people into the Well on Ilios or the temple in Nepal. Unlike Zarya's ult, it doesn't need to hit against anything solid, just travels a certain distance and then pulls everyone towards it. She'll definitely have a huge impact on maps like that, more so than Roadhog or Pharah considering it takes much less aim/targeting.

Anyone know how long her ult lasts or does it keep going until it's destroyed?

Not sure of the exact time, looked like about 3-4 seconds.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The problem is now the team that kills the enemy Bastion first has a massive advantage.

So far it's Reins set up, Bastion sets up behind shield, shoot shields to burn down first, first shield to drop looses the fight because Bastion will rip through you.

That's not really the case though imo. Anyone dumb enough to caught by bastion will die. But most people don't get caught by him. The nerf to his gatling gun is quite significant. It still somewhat effective at short and medium range but its only strong enough catch the most unaware players. Bastion becomes this irritating turret that is difficult to remove. Yes he breaks reinhardt at chokes, but it causes a whole new problem with two bastions creating a whole new stalemate. He fast moving and repairing makes him too versatile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Not sure of the exact time, looked like about 3-4 seconds.

Think I read it's 15s and 200HP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

This is the correct answer; 15s duration and 200hp no shield/armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Yeah, from what I've seen, it's a lot longer than 4 seconds. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a slight range nerf to it eventually. Looks like it has a fair bit a reach for teammates to get the benefits.

Yeah, found her stats and stuff here
    http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Orisa

Seems like her graviton charge doesn't go forward a set distance like I thought but rather you hit the button again to activate it whenever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

The Ult station can also be destroyed, which will obviously end it early.

• Advertisement

That's not really the case though imo. Anyone dumb enough to caught by bastion will die. But most people don't get caught by him.

On Hollywood last night an enemy Bastion set up facing the payload in the doorway to the right of the little cell facing down the stretch between the saloon. How exactly can an unaware person be caught by him there he's facing straight at you. If you want to get on the payload he rips you apart. He had a Zarya and a Mercy in the room with him so we couldn't get near him to take him out. He had the whole area covered. It ended up taking three Ults to get him out of the room by baiting the Zarya away.

On Hanamura the enemy Bastion flanked for the whole game and kept setting up behind or to the side so as we were pushed back he murdered us. No matter how quick you gave a call of warning it was to late.

A guy on my team went bastion on Route 66 and set up on the petrol station roof with a Rein and Anna protecting him. No matter what the enemy team did they couldn't get past the corner any the other three had the flanks shut down.

On the Zenyatta temple map we had a bastion get on point in a corner just beside the steps and the enemy couldn't kill him even though they knew he was there. They had Solider blasting him from a distance and a Pharah focused on him but couldn't burn him down.

His ironclad needs to be reduced to 10% with none on his Crit spot so at least it won't take two full clips of a tracer to take him out. Or leave Ironclad as is and make it so healing is interrupted when taking damage in sentry mode again. That way if he gets low he needs to move to heal if still been shot at.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Nody wrote: »
    This is the correct answer; 15s duration and 200hp no shield/armour.

15 seconds, woah!

Glad the drum thing itself doesn't have too much health. It'll need to be focused down, and positioning it will be important.

Very excited to play some games with/as her. Fingers crossed it's not too long before she's on console.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Really looking forward to Orissa and definitely going to learn her. I have most of the tanks down, but always favored Rhein as I ten to gravitate to the slow hulking bullet sponges. We definitely needed a tank to tak in with Rein when his shield burns down. I can forsee Orissa effecting the meta more than the other additions as you will see a lot more HP on the field (and barriers).

That Ulti is awesome as well. Will need clever positioning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ironclad is being reduced to 20% (it's on PTR now)

Can't say I've had much problem with Bastion so far actually; maybe it's because of when I'm playing (EU, PC, 11pm-2am, Silver) but if you coordinate & TALK TO YOUR TEAM he's manageable.

The real menace is Mercy, since you need to focus her down before she can Ult!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Ironclad is being reduced to 20% (it's on PTR now)

Can't say I've had much problem with Bastion so far actually; maybe it's because of when I'm playing (EU, PC, 11pm-2am, Silver) but if you coordinate & TALK TO YOUR TEAM he's manageable.

The real menace is Mercy, since you need to focus her down before she can Ult!

We seen him in pretty much every comp match up last night. We didnt have much of a problem but that was because when we seen him we had at least 3 people focusing him down. It's the first time as Rhein I have ever had to "focus down" on a player if they are in front of me as I can usually rely on our dps to drop a major target. But I honestly felt at some times I could leave him get comfortable on the board as he was shredding people/shield way to easy.

The biggest problem we had last night was Lucio (someone else can explain that:))

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

emmetkenny wrote: »
    A guy on my team went bastion on Route 66 and set up on the petrol station roof with a Rein and Anna protecting him. No matter what the enemy team did they couldn't get past the corner any the other three had the flanks shut down.

Sombra.

Finally, a reason for people to welcome Sombra. If you have a Bastion locking down a choke there is nothing quite like having an invisible Sombra appearing beside him and firing off an EMP.

Had a game last night where someone actually asked if anyone would play her.

As for Bastion: I have had a few frustrating games where the enemy had Bastion but no one on my team would play him, as if they didn't even realise he was obnoxious now, and pretty much essential if the enemy has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Zillah wrote:
    Finally, a reason for people to welcome Sombra. If you have a Bastion locking down a choke there is nothing quite like having an invisible Sombra appearing beside him and firing off an EMP.

As a Sombra-enjoyer, this brings me joy. Not sure how significant Bastion's recon buffs are, but I have a strong record of beating him 1v1 as Sombra pre-patch.

Zillah wrote: »
    Sombra.

Had a game last night where someone actually asked if anyone would play her.

As for Bastion: I have had a few frustrating games where the enemy had Bastion but no one on my team would play him, as if they didn't even realise he was obnoxious now, and pretty much essential if the enemy has one.

They did have a Sombra but she had to go invisible to early to sneak by on the far right (attackers point of view) and always have a notification so we knew she was there. Although she changed after been killed twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The biggest problem we had last night was Lucio (someone else can explain that:))

On Eichenwalde? He was just a good Lucio tbh. Used wallriding well and the payload as cover. Made him very hard to hit and he would fall back and wait for backup whenever he was left alone on the objective

• Advertisement

As a Sombra-enjoyer, this brings me joy. Not sure how significant Bastion's recon buffs are, but I have a strong record of beating him 1v1 as Sombra pre-patch.

Nothing quite like hacking a Bastion out of sentry mode and then lacing into him as he panics. Or just crit-hitting him in the back when he's in sentry.

I enjoy Sombra too, and her gun does great damage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement