Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Regarding D.Va's defense matrix bug
    Andrew fixed it last night. I think the fix will either go live Friday of this week or Tuesday of next week.

Sorry about that.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753425533?page=6#post-114

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Good job Andrew whoever you are. I like that they are a mega corporation who still mention the specific dude who fixed the bug by name.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Zillah wrote: »
    Good job Andrew whoever you are. I like that they are a mega corporation who still mention the specific dude who fixed the bug by name.

All the devs seem pretty down to earth when engaging with people

You should look up some of the stuff Jeff (Tigole Bitties) was into before his Blizzard days

This one gave me a good laugh - https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4g2ler/jeff_tigole_kaplan_forum_rant_from_his_eq_days/

As someone there said
    Just goes to show that Jeff knows the taste of salt all too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Andrew is a ****in legend

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Penn wrote: »
    Nothing quite like hacking a Bastion out of sentry mode and then lacing into him as he panics. Or just crit-hitting him in the back when he's in sentry.

I enjoy Sombra too, and her gun does great damage.

The crit box still has the 35% damage reduction though.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The crit box still has the 35% damage reduction though.

20% now on PTR.

Presumably it is 35% reduction after the crit doubling?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Penn wrote:
    Or just crit-hitting him in the back when he's in sentry.

This has never worked for me. A quick spin around in sentry mode and I'm usually shredded. I presume it'll definitely be off the table now with ironclad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A Neurotic wrote: »
    This has never worked for me. A quick spin around in sentry mode and I'm usually shredded. I presume it'll definitely be off the table now with ironclad.

You can normally get a few shots before he turns, you just have to be ready to move when he does. Easier on console though.

I once shot him point-blank in the crit point with Hanzo. Dunno if he'd already taken damage but one shot was all it took. Was before all the changes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Orisa looks a really good character and should add a lot to the game.

Just on the lore thing I wonder did her name come from the OR15 bot she's an improvement on? OR15 to OR15 model A or OR15A (ORISA)?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I love when you meet a Bastion or D.va with low sensitivity that can't turn fast enough to shoot you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Encountered such an angry player there. Just a normal game, 3 of us went down while attacking, I used the "group up" message (once, not in the annoying spammy way) and the guy said "It's quick play, shut the fúck up with your orders."

I was shocked and appalled. But since it was quick play, I'm sure he didn't mind me walling him off with Mei any chance I got from that point on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just on the lore thing I wonder did her name come from the OR15 bot she's an improvement on? OR15 to OR15 model A or OR15A (ORISA)?

That, and also based on the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orisha.

Part of me also likes to think the name also comes from the former name of the Indian state of Odisha.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Online game chat can be hilarious. My favourite memory was from the chat of an online poker game before it started:
    Player A: good luck everybody!!!
    Player B: eat dik

Online game chat can be hilarious. My favourite memory was from the chat of an online poker game before it started:

After taking a point in competitive:
    Me: "Good job guys".
    "Him: "Fuck you shut up".

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

J. Marston wrote: »
    Encountered such an angry player there. Just a normal game, 3 of us went down while attacking, I used the "group up" message (once, not in the annoying spammy way) and the guy said "It's quick play, shut the fúck up with your orders."

I was shocked and appalled. But since it was quick play, I'm sure he didn't mind me walling him off with Mei any chance I got from that point on.

Hah, so unnecessary! No doubt the ice walls helped cool him down a bit *sad trombone noise*

Finished my placements, 6 wins and 4 losses. Placed 2953 which is a little disappointing but probably fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

LJKCMcz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

last 2 seasons plat, qualifying matches, 5 wins 4 loses, and a draw, low silver, ok blizzard get ****ed

last 2 seasons plat, qualifying matches, 5 wins 4 loses, and a draw, low silver, ok blizzard get ****ed

If you've been in Platinum for the last two seasons I'd say you should climb fairly quickly.

Seems a big drop though from Plat to Silver for winning half your games? What did you finish at last season?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

What do you main? Think the hero class determines how much or little sr you get per win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

madcabbage wrote: »
    What do you main? Think the hero class determines how much or little sr you get per win.

Any proof of this? I don't remember Jeff saying anything about this. Otherwise those heroes would be instalocked

• Advertisement

papu wrote: »
    Any proof of this? I don't remember Jeff saying anything about this. Otherwise those heroes would be instalocked

Well one thing I do know is that supports definitely don't get rewarded as much as tanks and dps's for a win.

papu wrote: »

It doesn't matter. I main healer and if we win in a group (other two play DPS and Tank) we'll all get around the same SR points. There might be a few in the difference but I think that's down to getting on the board at the end?

Well it was the case in earlier seasons for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGytrJSSi6k

Now saying that, it could have been changed since. Anyway, its a stupid system. Every parameter that affects SR should be outlined clearly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Two placement games in and I'm strongly reminded of my hate for ranked.

First game as Reinhardt on Watchpoint: Gibraltar defence; we end up with a 3 tank (Me, D.Va and Roadhog) / Lucio / Junkrat, Soldier set up and enemy has Bastion. Bastion dies maybe once the whole game as our DPS don't even try to kill him as he rides the payload to the point. I'm the only one changing class in our team even after we're being handed our asses in four fights in a row to Zenyatta simply to try to Bastion down as he slaughters us over and over. Switch sides and I go Rhein again and we end up with RH, Lucio, Soldier, Genji, Pharah. The only person killing their Bastion was me (4 times total by charging him which pushes him out of sentry form before doing the damage) while the rest of the team ran around chasing people who ran behind our line rather than push the cart (I end up with highest objective time on our team which was no surprise).

Second game on King's Row; once again I have to go Reinhardt against a Bastion while no one on our team bothers to pick any counters to him... At least I have an Ana and Lucio to help with the healing while we play a 2/2/2 setup; we get the push done in overtime on the cap. Switch to defence and one guy sulks over not getting to play Pharah and refuses to leave spawn; another guy decides to play Tracer on defence... Yea; you can guess how well that ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Done my placements won 3 lost 7. Solo q placements is just a cluster f***.
    Finished last season in Platinum around 2597. Got ranked at Gold 2250. First game after placement was like I never left last season proper team comp and communication. The placements just seem to be willy nilly all over the place and dont really matter. You are gonna lose 200-300 points either way.

On a positive note I played Orisa in the PTR last night and she seems like a great addition to the tanks. Fairly decent damage and long range machine gun and high survivability. Cant wait to get her on live to see how she works into the meta.

On a positive note I played Orisa in the PTR last night and she seems like a great addition to the tanks. Fairly decent damage and long range machine gun and high survivability. Cant wait to get her on live to see how she works into the meta.

I can't wait to play her. More excited for her addition than any other character so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I can't wait to play her. More excited for her addition than any other character so far.

Shes gonna change it up a lot i think. Back to tank heavy meta.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I've started making notes on my games this season.. my wins, loses, draws. And any additonal notes. Took me 16 games to get back into gold.
    8 wins 8 lost 1 draw, went on a 3 game win streak which boosted me, just shows how important they are to getting better SR but in terms of games compared to last season it's very much, W,L,W,L.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

That delayed spawning is really noticeable. This whole clip ends just as the kill cam starts.

https://youtu.be/qVXgcNdP-uI

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This cheap anywhere on PC?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement