Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got salty as fúck earlier when I got a clutch 4 person rez with Mercy that helped us just hang on for the win.

POTG? Who else but the bloody robot with a crappy triple kill that led to nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm not playing any more until Bastion is fixed

It's not fun and it's not enjoyable. I really like playing this game and don't want the experience ruined by broken metas

Last few matches in placement last night were all against Rheinhard > Bastion > Mercy. Fcuk that noise

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

On the aforementioned topic of Sombra vs Bastion, from this evening:
    https://gfycat.com/OnlyFixedChimneyswift
    https://gfycat.com/RareExcitableEider

He's dead easy on his own. Quite a bit more difficult if he's well supported, but then again so should you be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How are people finding the custom games since they released them? Any of note that are worth playing? Haven't had a chance to check them out yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Zillah wrote:
    He's dead easy on his own. Quite a bit more difficult if he's well supported, but then again so should you be.

I strongly dislike arguments like this, bastion in turret mode can heal through ults. He is very broken. If every single streamer on twitch is saying it ( most of them at high diamond/master) there's probably an issue

If Jeff Kaplan the bloody game director straight up comes out an says he is too powerful there's definitely an issue.

This is no personal attack on you either btw, it's this idea that if bastion is dominating a match your playing wrong.

I had a game on Gibraltar last night solo queueing and by some miracle got a good.team with 6 of us on mic.
    One of them noticed it was my match to get plat if we won so the team agreed to.go full cancer.

So he picked bastion, we had a rein in front of him I went mercy, we had an Anna, a zenyatta and a roadhog.
    Set up at the top.of the hill before first checkpoint, other team must have thought they where in for an easy match as we let em push right up the hill, then boom.

I had mercy on damage boost toggled on bastion Anna healing him bastion in front, he got 50 odd kills, never even used his ult. He even gave out to Anna for using her ult on him, as it was a waste he dosent need it.

How is that not broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Zillah wrote:
    On the aforementioned topic of Sombra vs Bastion, from this evening:

Yep in a 1v1 she has a good chance, but as totz pointed out if, instead of sitting on his own imagine if he had a rein and a mercy with him.

Nobody is saying bastion is op in a way, it's that he can make a certain set up very op.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I suppose I better do these placement matches. Shame cause it's been a nice day so far :)

Yeah I was just pointing out that Sombra is perfectly capable of ambushing and killing Bastion 1v1, because the argument earlier was that his recon mode would wreck her. Bastion is usually too bloody confused to react properly and he dies quickly enough that he doesn't have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

DeSelby83 wrote:
    How are people finding the custom games since they released them? Any of note that are worth playing? Haven't had a chance to check them out yet

There's a lot of 6 v 1 variations. Had a few soldier vs sombra predator games that were fun. Had a few everyone vs Bastion games that were not.

• Advertisement

Up to 3307, highest I've ever been. Think it's because I'm refusing to budge from Mercy. Before I'd be changing heroes 6/7 times a game. Masters is my target.

Would be cool if they introduced something different for the comp points though. Those gaudy golden guns aren't great.

3307 is pretty hefty, fair play. I think they should have rare skins that you can only buy with comp points.

Didn't last long! Actually one of the most frustrating games I've ever played of Overwatch. Good balanced team and we won the first round easily. After that two people changed to Hanzo and Widowmaker and we get stomped for three rounds. Seriously stomped, could barely leave spawn in the last round.

Generally fairly calm while playing but if my mic was on during that I probably would've been muttering all manner of obscenities about those two.

Solo Queing the placement matches, cause f-it. On the way back to the point with Mercy and our Phara waited on the bridge so I could boost off her. Tear to my eye. There is hope.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Grayditch wrote: »
    Solo Queing the placement matches, cause f-it. On the way back to the point with Mercy and our Phara waited on the bridge so I could boost off her. Tear to my eye. There is hope.
    It will be crushed; 2 placement matches and the team decides to go with 4 DPS refusing to budge.. Or how about 3 healers and not getting healed a single time as Reinhardt because I had the audacity to actually try to push the payload as they were busy chasing after the Tracer on the enemy team...

And then she dies 10 seconds later...

giphy.gif

The second game could not have been more of a sh1tshow...

2-0 down on Ilios, healer leaves the game and our Zarya switches to Symmetra while we were spawn pinned.

symmetra.png

"I got this..."

W L W L D W D L W W
    SR: 2222

Absolutely raging about the third loss. Got a very rare disconnect before the game fully started and wasn't allowed back in because it cancelled the game. Gave me a loss and 10 min penalty.

Didn't see too much Bastion use, let alone dominance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

W L W L D W D L W W
    SR: 2222

Absolutely raging about the third loss. Got a very rare disconnect before the game fully started and wasn't allowed back in because it cancelled the game. Gave me a loss and 10 min penalty.

Didn't see too much Bastion use, let alone dominance anyway.

That's almost exactly how my placements ended, out of interest did you place lower than you finished in season 3?

Yeah, I finished 2534 last season or thereabouts. And also got higher with my placements last season with a 5/5 w/l. I think I placed 2300.

I played pretty well this time too, lots of medals etc. Still no idea how it's calculated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Yeah, I finished 2534 last season or thereabouts. And also got higher with my placements last season with a 5/5 w/l. I think I placed 2300.

I played pretty well this time too, lots of medals etc. Still no idea how it's calculated.

I think there will always remain a fair bit of mystery about it. We can patch together some reasonable theories about last season SR and support/DPS but it's probably not in their best interest to make everything completely transparent.

Frustrating though. Played out of my skin for the last 6 of my placement games, was half hoping it would drop me a little higher.

Also briefly surfaced back into diamond last night and promptly lost a game. Great fun was had anyway.

Yeah, it must be different every season. I'm kinda slighty disappointed with Mid-Gold but sure, I'll try get back to platinum this week. There's a noticeable difference in the quality of games there, or maybe just less messing and quitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Went 3-7 and ended up at 1250ish. Christ...

The common theme from all losses was we won the first round, then complacency set in and people would start charging in solo etc before losing 3-1.

Won 4 in a row after placement so slowly building myself back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Any word on when Orisa is being fully released?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

It'll either be tomorrow or next Tuesday I'd imagine. They might wait and see how the new bastion fares out on the PTR before launching that with Orisa.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The more I play, the more I don't think Bastion is the true evil in Season 4.

It's Mercy.
    Her being fully invincible during resurrection means you have to fully focus her down during teamfights, lest she turn the tide half-way through with no interrupt possible.

Went 3-7 and ended up at 1250ish. Christ...

The common theme from all losses was we won the first round, then complacency set in and people would start charging in solo etc before losing 3-1.

Won 4 in a row after placement so slowly building myself back up.
    Bloody Genjis. Up near the enemies spawn...

"I need healing"
    *Dies*
    "Thanks"
    "Thanks"
    "Thanks"
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The more I play, the more I don't think Bastion is the true evil in Season 4.

It's Mercy.
    Her being fully invincible during resurrection means you have to fully focus her down during teamfights, lest she turn the tide half-way through with no interrupt possible.

I am loving that buff. She needed it too. Her ultimate almost always meant an automatic death if she was diving in for 2-3 person rez. Now you have time to rez and Guardian Angel away.

47 SR from a 3-0 win there. Decent.

There's a noticeable difference in the quality of games there, or maybe just less messing and quitting.

Absolutely. I spent all of seasons 1, 2 and 3 in mid-high plat, and after my placements went quite badly for season 4 I was stuck into gold for a while. Climbed my way back to plat in 7 or 8 games or so, and I have the say, either I was unlucky or the level of bitter retards went way up. I guess it might be a bunch of people trying very hard to get into platinum, failing, and getting really frustrated, but I've never seen so many people so quick to break down and abuse their own team looking for someone to blame.
    Penn wrote: »
    Any word on when Orisa is being fully released?

Ana and Sombra each spent a week on PTR, so as said, very likely tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to it. I think she is fun. Does a bit too much dps for my liking for a tank but she's not overpowering. She and Bastion are both vulnerable to hacking - now dawns the Age of Sombra...they called us loco, they laughed at us, said we were trolling...cabrón, I will show them...I'll turn out their luces, yes, then they'll see...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zillah wrote: »
    Ana and Sombra each spent a week on PTR, so as said, very likely tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to it. I think she is fun. Does a bit too much dps for my liking for a tank but she's not overpowering. She and Bastion are both vulnerable to hacking - now dawns the Age of Sombra...they called us loco, they laughed at us, said we were trolling...cabrón, I will show them...I'll turn out their luces, yes, then they'll see...

How great would it be if Sombra could hack Orisa's supercharger ult and make it cause 50% less damage :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement