Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

That Winston buff is pretty good

That Ana nerf is badly needed imo. She is superior to the other healers in every facet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zillah wrote: »
    Aww man, I played Ana a lot, I really liked that she had a chance of defending herself. Lucio can boost away, Mercy can bloody fly, Zenyatta is practically dps - if Ana misses the sleep dart she is boned. You've got to hit a 200hp character four times before they go down now :/

Sombra and Winston buffs are good. Not quite the buff I was looking for with Sombra but I'll take it.

It's odd that you complained about one part of Hog kit been OP yesterday and now your not happy that an overall more OP character than Hog is been nerfed.

Lucio can speed boost away but will not escape loads of characters, Mercy can only fly away if there's someone close. Anna can chuck her nade on the ground and boost her HP and sleep the opponent to escape.

If a flanker catches you that's their job. It should be easier for them to kill you than for you to get away or survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

News about Winston's shield is very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I should start playing Sombra again.
    She's mad fun if you get her right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

That Ana nerf is badly needed imo. She is superior to the other healers in every facet.

Try healing Genji, Tracer, or one of the other small fast characters in a fight. Mercy and Zen get autoaim. Grenade was kind of her only option.

Some thoughts from Reddit:
    - The damage nerf makes Ana much worse against Pharah, which makes Pharah even more difficult to deal with now. Ana was a nice last resort to back up the dps if they were struggling; a lot less useful now.
    - Similarly she's even less able to contend with Widowmaker now. Widow usually won anyway, but it's now pretty much pointless for Ana to even try.
    - The biotic grenade was Ana's only way to heal herself. For comparison, Zenyatta has 75% of his hp as shields, which regenerate. To recover the same amount Ana now needs to hit herself with three grenades in a row.
    - 15m might sound like a lot for the Sombra voice lines, but apparently 15m is the range of the hack, which really isn't all that much, so unless you are decloaking on top of someone you're not going to be heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

With Ana likely to fall from grace a bit i'd say we'll start seeing Zen very regularly.

Suits me. Between Zen and my newfound love for Mercy i'll be supporting for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Nail on the head with Winston, if they buffed the damage on his gun he would be in a good place.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nail on the head with Winston, if they buffed the damage on his gun he would be in a good place.

The damage is ok. He's only meant to take out low HP targets. He will burn through a Zen/Mercy/Lucio/Genji/Tracer really quick.

I'd like to see a little bit of time taken off his jump cool down.

I think he's fine with this buff. His job is disruption. He lands, wrecks the place, kills or maims some healers, and gets the fudge out before he gets killed. Rinse and repeat. He can still kill a genji or other solo dps character if he gets them when they're not ready for it; no amount of dodging will help, they've got to escape or die (Reaper will kill him, the others are in trouble).

His gun also goes through shields, and with Zenyatta's discord orb also going through shields now, Winston is actually going to be able to be a real headache for Reinhardt.

The shield buff is all he needs. I think even that is going to make him very annoying - you'll basically never be fighting Winston without a shield protecting him. His dps is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The damage is ok. He's only meant to take out low HP targets. He will burn through a Zen/Mercy/Lucio/Genji/Tracer really quick.

Yeh actually I'd prefer to see something that adds to his survivability (ie his jump CD)now that you mention it. Any time I use him I know his life expectancy is low, so I just expect myself to disrupt the back line and cause a little bit of chaos on a static defense.

emmetkenny wrote: »

Same. I'm ok with gun damage if they even took one second off the jump cooldown. Whatever way I play him, I seem to be always killed while jumping out of a fight. Considering his ult is only good in certain situations, I don't think it would make him overpowered.

I guess we'll see how much his survivability goes up with the new shield.

Try healing Genji, Tracer, or one of the other small fast characters in a fight. Mercy and Zen get autoaim. Grenade was kind of her only option.

Its not as hard as you think. Her scoped shot also has autoaim against friendly targets (on PC). Its the only projectile with autoaim afaik.
    Some thoughts from Reddit:
    - The damage nerf makes Ana much worse against Pharah, which makes Pharah even more difficult to deal with now. Ana was a nice last resort to back up the dps if they were struggling; a lot less useful now.
    - Similarly she's even less able to contend with Widowmaker now. Widow usually won anyway, but it's now pretty much pointless for Ana to even try.
    Considering Ana has the highest burst healing rate, should she have these two abilites too? Ana shouldn't be a able to contend with Widow to be honest. Widow's only utility is sniping. Widow should absolutely win outright against Ana. Ana should be constantly keeping her position to stay out of Widow's line of sight.
    - The biotic grenade was Ana's only way to heal herself. For comparison, Zenyatta has 75% of his hp as shields, which regenerate. To recover the same amount Ana now needs to hit herself with three grenades in a row.
    - 15m might sound like a lot for the Sombra voice lines, but apparently 15m is the range of the hack, which really isn't all that much, so unless you are decloaking on top of someone you're not going to be heard.

They should add a counter with the health of the shield for Winston. They have it for Orisa.

I had an idea for Tracer last night while I was playing mystery heroes, to put her health bar on the aiming reticle, like little bars around the circle, so you can see instantly if you get wrecked so you can reverse time.

Probably not a problem for people who play her a lot, but the half second it was taking me to check her health in the middle of a firefight might have saved me a few times. But it's not like Tracer needs any more help :)

Its not as hard as you think. Her scoped shot also has autoaim against friendly targets (on PC). Its the only projectile with autoaim afaik.

It's not autoaim, it's just a larger hitbox, so shooting allies is easier than shooting enemies. Every weapon in the game has a different hitbox. Hanzo's arrows and Roadhog's hook, for example, have much larger hitboxes than most weapons.

It's not much help when you're in a chaotic situation trying to defend or cap a point. The other healers can lock on to allies with their autoaim; Ana's only solution to help the smaller targets was to smash a grenade at her feet.
    Grayditch wrote: »
    I had an idea for Tracer last night while I was playing mystery heroes, to put her health bar on the aiming reticle, like little bars around the circle, so you can see instantly if you get wrecked so you can reverse time.

Probably not a problem for people who play her a lot, but the half second it was taking me to check her health in the middle of a firefight might have saved me a few times. But it's not like Tracer needs any more help :)

They've the gasping sound effect to warn you it is time to get out of dodge.

They've the gasping sound effect to warn you it is time to get out of dodge.

Ah, clever. I'll have to pay more attention to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Same. I'm ok with gun damage if they even took one second off the jump cooldown

If they took 1 second off his jump cooldown he could almost stay airborne indefinitely. I noticed watching a "Pro" Winston guide recently that at higher levels, the player would jump almost 100% vertically so they could hang in the air for ages mitigating against the cooldown

Well worth a watch, ESPECIALLY now

If they took 1 second off his jump cooldown he could almost stay airborne indefinitely.

That wouldn't be my experience with Winston at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That wouldn't be my experience with Winston at all.

Hence why I suggested watching the video as he's in the sky for a lot of it for 3.5+ seconds out of ~5 seconds. It's obviously a tactical thing he's doing. And perhaps they would see reducing the cooldown further as possibly exploitable :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,779 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Adjusting the cooldown on the shield is a good step. I think he needs some sort of alternate fire though. Maybe one that when used concentrates on only one enemy and is more powerful rather than his current one which can hit multiple people.

I'll definitely watch the video when I get a chance. Not sure what jumping vertically in the air to maximise air time would do, unless you're dedicated to disrupting a Phara. Lot of my jumps would be behind the line of defenders... Or trying to halt the payload until your team regroup. Then you're just praying the shield and the jump cooldown work in your favour to get back out.

He's fine for hunting low heath carachters, but it's a shame he hasn't been able to be a quick team disruptor, really. The shield fragility and jump cooldown won't current allow it.

Not sure what jumping vertically in the air to maximise air time would do, unless you're dedicated to disrupting a Phara.

Cooldown begins as soon as you activate the jump, not when you land, so the longer you are in the air the less time you will be on the ground waiting for the cooldown to expire.

Some Winstons will deliberately land on the rooftops and slide off them to buy another second or two before they land on the enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I've barely seen Sombra in season 4.

Also, good riddance to Ana. She's been way too effective for way too long. Something had to be done about her.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I've barely seen Sombra in season 4.

You will be seeing more of her.

She just got two buffs on PTR (smallish, but still good), and she is pretty good against Orisa, who is coming soon. And she's already decent against the new and improved Bastion.

Sombra's actual potential is crazy. I'm not sure my brain and fibers work quick enough to utilise her properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

You will be seeing more of her.

She just got two buffs on PTR (smallish, but still good), and she is pretty good against Orisa, who is coming soon. And she's already decent against the new and improved Bastion.

badly needed too.. .she was just unviable previously. This is great!

Just had an Ana on the mic with tbe exact voice of Ana...

Weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just had an Ana on the mic with tbe exact voice of Ana...

Weird.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement