Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Haha I've always wanted to do that, but I can't get the laugh right.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The guy who voices McCree sometimes plays, and has stated that he sometimes goes "It's high noon!" over the mic to freak people out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Check out Outfoxedgaming, seem a video recently of the guy who does the voice for Hogg winding people up!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Masters!

C6Wda9dWYAArAb4.jpg

Gonna see how close I can get to Grandmasters. Guessing games will be seriously tough close to that level though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

J. Marston wrote: »
    Masters!

snip

Gonna see how close I can get to Grandmasters. Guessing games will be seriously tough close to that level though.

Welcome!
    Very up and down , communication is generally much better , but you also have insta locking hanzos and salty tilty throwing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Masters!

Fair play dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Masters!

C6Wda9dWYAArAb4.jpg

Love to see a bit of progress skill wise on the boards. Well done man, let us know how the journey goes

papu wrote: »
    Welcome!
    Very up and down , communication is generally much better , but you also have insta locking hanzos and salty tilty throwing.

Instalockin Hanzos at that level? Jayziz there is no escaping it.

New Sombra buff: you can see hacked health kits through walls. I think more than anything this will help remind people that she is contributing, and can take advantage of the hacked packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Playing sombra on ptr at the moment she is a beast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Warning for those who are trying to stop a losing streak by playing on..dont.. lost 200 sr in six games there.. back down to 2000..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sight808 wrote: »
    Warning for those who are trying to stop a losing streak by playing on..dont.. lost 200 sr in six games there.. back down to 2000..

You have to call it a day if things are going bad. I lost four on the bounce in a three stack the other night and all three of us were making silly mistakes/tilt in the last two games.

Played Monday solo and won three in a row because I was more focused.

Sight808 wrote: »

Yeah it is easy to keep going when you're tired and frustrated. Chances are you are not playing your best.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I was off today.. nowt to do.. "let's overwatch".. went on good run, had lunch.. "feck it, it's only 12" lost so many T_T

Should've known better really. Please fellow overwatch players..LEARN FROM MY FOOLISH MISTAKE

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Happens to me a bit. I have a golden rule of stepping away for a short while if it was a bad loss; go to the toilet, make tea or something. If a few losses in a row, step away altogether.

I abandoned that principle recently and ended up with a 1250 rating from placement.

Also, playing hungover is a terrible idea. I play absolute garbage.

3 losses in a row. Like total beatdowns. I'd love to know how or why it works like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

There are few things better than entering beast mode as Zarya and melting people!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Get a 4 rez on point B of Volskaya. Other team's Mercy gets a 3 rez and gets POTG.

What's the science behind this?!

Has the distance that defenders are considered to be affecting/contending the payload gotten smaller, or am I going mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They're undoing the PTR change that allowed for Zenyatta to penetrate barriers with discord orb.

His primary and alt fire are gonna have zero spread though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Decided to give 1v1 another go last night. Won the match but had the worst sniper battle I've ever seen. Two Widowmakers standing still bullets whizzing past our ears for about a minute before I landed a headshot.

Sniping just isn't for me -_-

They're undoing the PTR change that allowed for Zenyatta to penetrate barriers with discord orb.

Already? I never even got to enjoy it :mad:

Happens to me a bit. I have a golden rule of stepping away for a short while if it was a bad loss; go to the toilet, make tea or something. If a few losses in a row, step away altogether.

I abandoned that principle recently and ended up with a 1250 rating from placement.

Also, playing hungover is a terrible idea. I play absolute garbage.

Wisdom.

I'm at the stage where i'll play at least 3/4 games beforehand to warm up and if i'm not feeling sharp enough i won't even try Comp.

Strange. I thought that change was negligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Strange. I thought that change was negligible.

Zen Discord's through the Rein barrier and your Pharah pops up behind and kills him before he can react. It's a bit to strong and there's no counter so i can see why they reversed it.

I am being very conservative with my comp matches this season. If I am not feeling it or not performing well after 1 or 2 I call it early.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'll give comp a go again once they sort out Console with whatever is going on in the PTR and when they release Orisa

Cant wait for Orissa, she/it seems right up my street

Get a 4 rez on point B of Volskaya. Other team's Mercy gets a 3 rez and gets POTG.

What's the science behind this?!

I have heard that the algorithm pays attention to whether it was a random no where fight or a desperate battle on the control point.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Zen Discord's through the Rein barrier and your Pharah pops up behind and kills him before he can react. It's a bit to strong and there's no counter so i can see why they reversed it.

Seems like an unlikely scenario tbh. Pharah would be getting killed rather fast if out of position and surely she wouldn't be able to kill Rein that quick even with +30% damage. Rein still regularly drops his shield to do fire strike anyway.

Maybe I'm wrong since they are repealing this change.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement