Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

J. Marston wrote:
    I lowered myself to their level and sent them a message with several insults.

Since I started playing Mercy I'm getting a lot of messages along the lines of Learn 2 Heal from Genii players. Odd that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That's not like a Genji player...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fixxxer wrote: »
    Since I started playing Mercy I'm getting a lot of messages along the lines of Learn 2 Heal from Genii players. Odd that.

That's not odd. When a Genji on the other side of the map spams i need healing​ i message him and tell him there's plenty of Health Packs over there so he should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Are ddos attacks a thing on PS4? In a game of comp we won the first round but then had two players leave and someone on my team said the people that left were ddosed by someone on the other team. That possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

fixxxer wrote: »

Same. But from any dps really. Drives me nuts if I'm ana trying to solo heal on hanamura attack or something. I used to get that too tf2 also ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Sight808 wrote: »
    Same. But from any dps really. Drives me nuts if I'm ana trying to solo heal on hanamura attack or something. I used to get that too tf2 also ...

Pretty much everyone thinks they're the most important and they don't care if you're currently doing your best to prevent another teammate from dying or surrounded by 6 enemies. If you don't heal when they spam the request then you're fail healz.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sight808 wrote: »
    Nothing says you'll have a great game with 4 DPS taken and two empty slots left with you left to choose (do I go healer and hope I get a tank who don't suicide charge every time the cool down is up or do I go tank and hope I get a healer who'll actually heal me) :P

Fun side note fact; I was playing route 66 as Reinhardt with 3 healers (Mercy; Lucio and Zenyatta) and I was going for the payload at the start and ended up not getting healed for the first 2 min of the game doing so. Did not charge a single time; had to use the shield to stop damage until it broke and still the healers were all busy tagging along the DPS being lead on a merry chase around on the map :/

Just some Season 4 stats,

I've played 20hrs so far. W = 44 L = 38 D = 4

Season High = 2212 Current = 2098

Played 6 games in duo, rest as solo.

7 games I classed as "unwinnable", due to a leaver, massive toxicity or people just throwing.

1 match we won as five man team on attack and defence on Volskaya <-- proud of that one

59% win rate with Rein with 18 games played, same stat with Roadhog oddly

45% with Soldier. 41% with Zarya.

Took me 17 games to get gold.

I've had six losing streaks where I've lost more than 3 games in a row, the longest lasted 6 games.

5 win streaks of 3 games, the longest again lasting 6 games. Mostly I am WWLWLWW

Aiming for mid/high gold this season and just stay there using only the 5 heroes.

Peaked at 3582 before the game must have went "What the hell are you doing here?" and boom, 8 losses in a row and I'm back to 3356.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

J. Marston wrote: »
    Are ddos attacks a thing on PS4? In a game of comp we won the first round but then had two players leave and someone on my team said the people that left were ddosed by someone on the other team. That possible?

I read before that this was shockingly common in Korea. There is (or was) something in the Overwatch code that reveals IPs. Not only is it against the rules it is actually a criminal offence.

Still more likely that they had internet issues.

• Advertisement

Is it possible to get out of gold? I've been trying now and the highest I've gotten is around 2150ish but like Sight above there's an awful lot of retardation going on in these ranks. It's like, I imagine, playing silver in CSGO. About 2 people will have mics, about 4 will even be in voice comms. Hanzos and Torbs on attack, Rheins who repeatedly charge away into the enemy, you know just general stupidity 70% because they don't know any better and 30% just outright trolls. Then there's the toxic players, the leavers and the ones who just run around in the spawn.

Unlike in CSGO when you can carry a team it's just so hard to do in Overwatch. Will I ever get out of gold? Does it get better at higher levels or should I just be content with what I have? I still have fun most of the time even on the losses which I guess is the main thing.

Is it possible to get out of gold? I've been trying now and the highest I've gotten is around 2150ish but like Sight above there's an awful lot of retardation going on in these ranks. It's like, I imagine, playing silver in CSGO. About 2 people will have mics, about 4 will even be in voice comms. Hanzos and Torbs on attack, Rheins who repeatedly charge away into the enemy, you know just general stupidity 70% because they don't know any better and 30% just outright trolls. Then there's the toxic players, the leavers and the ones who just run around in the spawn.

Unlike in CSGO when you can carry a team it's just so hard to do in Overwatch. Will I ever get out of gold? Does it get better at higher levels or should I just be content with what I have? I still have fun most of the time even on the losses which I guess is the main thing.

From what I've seen or been told playing at the higher levels is pretty much the same, maybe the players have better aim and game sense but it's still prone to people throwing wobblers.

I've found aswell, if you have a mental Rein, go zarya and bubble that mf when he goes charging off. Got attack Torb or a Bastion? Go Rein and protect them. I hate playing Rein but do it only when I feel we need it, particularly if other team has a Rein.

I've found once I got to abouy 2700, the game got way better. Almost no trolls and decent team compositions.

It's really not as bad as a lot of people make out, last season I ranked 2200ish and climbed to 2700 but finished 2550ish.

This season i started 2550ish and climbed to 2650 but fell back to 2400. I'm just short of 2600 now. Sitting with a win percentage of 52% after it dropping to the 40s last week.

If the team have some crazy picks i just try pick something that suits the set up. I used to be the first person to complain about a Hanzo on the team but i don't care anymore, if he gets kills he's doing fine.

We got matched in a three stack last night against 3 guys on our friends list so it was instantly try hard mode on Watchpoint Gibraltar.

Our Rein was a lunatic and charges in every chance he got. So i had Zen and one of the others had Zarya so we bubbled and Orbbed him and managed to keep him alive a fair bit. We managed to win in round two after both teams reached the end on the first push and we held​ them on the downhill section before the bridge.

It was a great game but if our Rein had been a little less aggressive we probably would have won a bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Have gone from 1250 to 1740. Aside from being sensible and taking a break when a bad game happens, I just decided to be a little more assertive with my picks. I usually hang back and just fill what is needed, but then I end up almost always healing and it gets boring after a while.

Instead, I just mix it up. I wait about 5 seconds and pick what the hell I want to play, should the comp allow it, i.e. if nobody picks, I'll pick whatever. If people instalock soldier/bastion, then I'll pick whatever tank I feel like playing.

It's made the game more interesting and I've started winning more games. Maybe it's just luck and it's gonna run out soon :/

Are you entirely sure you haven't just found your level? Statistically speaking, for every suicidal Rein you get stuck with on your team you'll get as many on the enemy team. You can have a bad streak but keep playing and you'll naturally find your level. If, over time, you're not moving forward then without seriously reconsidering how and what you play then you've probably just found your spot.

I've been in platinum since S1, and I'm still there. I used to hover around 2600 and now I'm hovering around 2900, and I think that change is from me making much more of an effort to compromise, communicate, and make strategic picks. You'll always get a game where you get stuck with clowns, and now and then you'll get a game where you're against clowns, or you get carried.

I think I'll break diamond soon, but I am quite certain I will never go any higher. Because I'm not willing to put in the amount of time and dedication that would be required to get good enough to get passed diamond. Also I only solo queue.

Zillah wrote: »
    Are you entirely sure you haven't just found your level? Statistically speaking, for every suicidal Rein you get stuck with on your team you'll get as many on the enemy team. You can have a bad streak but keep playing and you'll naturally find your level. If, over time, you're not moving forward then without seriously reconsidering how and what you play then you've probably just found your spot.

I've been in platinum since S1, and I'm still there. I used to hover around 2600 and now I'm hovering around 2900, and I think that change is from me making much more of an effort to compromise, communicate, and make strategic picks. You'll always get a game where you get stuck with clowns, and now and then you'll get a game where you're against clowns, or you get carried.

I think I'll break diamond soon, but I am quite certain I will never go any higher. Because I'm not willing to put in the amount of time and dedication that would be required to get good enough to get passed diamond. Also I only solo queue.

I'm destined for greater things than gold :P I think to be fair I'm just being a bit impatient. I pretty much haven't played OW since release and just took it back up last week. Placement put me at 1990 and I haven't moved much from there but it just feels like a hopeless task. My biggest gripe of all though is the lack of communication. I would say a good 80% of my matches is me talking to just one other player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Zillah wrote:

This is true to a point but the way your Sr moves after a loss/ win is annoying

Last season towards the end with 84 hours comp I was getting on average 12-16 Sr for a win and 26-32 for a loss.
    Finished at 1951-ish
    Season high 2320-ish

It was frustrating to say the least and I think I drove the ps4 lads here nuts moaning about it.

This season placed 1730 and am now at 2650 with a high of 2720-ish

Went on a crazy win streak at one stage and that made the difference.

In my humble opinion streaks should be ****ed out the window, there's no way someone should be able to climb that quick it's ridiculous

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jcd5971 wrote: »
    This is true to a point but the way your Sr moves after a loss/ win is annoying

Last season towards the end with 84 hours comp I was getting on average 12-16 Sr for a win and 26-32 for a loss.
    Finished at 1951-ish
    Season high 2320-ish

It was frustrating to say the least and I think I drove the ps4 lads here nuts moaning about it.

This season placed 1730 and am now at 2650 with a high of 2720-ish

Went on a crazy win streak at one stage and that made the difference.

In my humble opinion streaks should be ****ed out the window, there's no way someone should be able to climb that quick it's ridiculous

Well I did get a jacket to hug myself in from it all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Well I did get a jacket to hug myself in from it all :pac:

faq_lagging_jacket.PNG

• Advertisement

Someone made a point on Reddit that win streaks giving disproportionate SR is a way to combat smurfs. Get them back up to their actual SR asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Zillah wrote:
    Someone made a point on Reddit that win streaks giving disproportionate SR is a way to combat smurfs. Get them back up to their actual SR asap.

There is hardly that many surf accounts tho surely to warrant it?

jcd5971 wrote: »
    There is hardly that many surf accounts tho surely to warrant it?

There's loads. On Consoles you only need one copy of the game. All the guys i play with regularly with have two accounts, and one guy has 3.

The guy with three accounts has his main at level 600+ now, his second account is nearly 300 and his third is almost 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

emmetkenny wrote:
    The guy with three accounts has his main at level 600+ now, his second account is nearly 300 and his third is almost 100.

Why?

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Why?

We all started playing at different times so he set up new accounts when others were ranking to 25 so the new guys wouldn't be playing against higher skilled players while grouped with him.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    There's loads. On Consoles you only need one copy of the game. All the guys i play with regularly with have two accounts, and one guy has 3.

How do you make one on consoles? Just make a new user on PSN or a whole new account?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ciaranmor

Finally made the switch from console to PC, enjoying it but it feels like a totally different game sometimes! Went W-L-L-L-L-W-W-W-L-L in placement which was pretty ok considering my first few games had diamond-ranked people in it...
    Starting off at 1866 SR which isn't great but I might be able to make it into gold by the end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Think your 10 games after placements is where you can make serious ground. Win most of them and you'll fly up on SR.

J. Marston wrote: »
    How do you make one on consoles? Just make a new user on PSN or a whole new account?

I have two profiles on Xbox. Make the profile that owns the game your home console and then any other profiles on your console can use the main profiles games.

• Advertisement

PharMercy is a fúcking pain in the ass.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement