Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

I'd say if you removed Ana's grenade and dart that she's still be heavily used

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I've decided to switch tactics. I normally hold back and fill spots but now I'm just grabbing soldier. I don't 'like' playing with him too much because he's generic but shooty shooty is what he does best and that's what I'm good at. Played 9 rounds, 6W 3L. Pretty much top dmg/elims in all games. Got overnight shift coming up but I'm gonna focus on him for the next couple of days as see how I go. Sitting at 2166 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 PooArse

Any idea when Orisa is going to be playable on console?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

PooArse wrote: »
    Any idea when Orisa is going to be playable on console?

Tuesday. Definitely Tuesday. Which Tuesday? No one knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 PooArse

fixxxer wrote: »
    Ahh perfect i'll book them all off so..... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

J. Marston wrote: »
    PharMercy is a fúcking pain in the ass.

Mercy is my soulmate :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Mercy is my soulmate :p

I love playing Mercy now. I take it as a personal challenge to keep my team alive no matter how stupid they are. That feels when you get a 5 man rez after the enemy teams Zarya/Hanzo ult combo :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,783 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PooArse wrote: »
    Ahh perfect i'll book them all off so..... :D

Can narrow it down a bit now: Next Tuesday (21st)
    https://www.destructoid.com/orisa-will-arrive-in-overwatch-on-march-21-on-all-platforms-424905.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    After stating that Orisa needed a little more time in the Overwatch PTR to test out, she now has a date -- March 21. She'll hit all platforms at the same time, so you won't need to wait longer on PS4 or Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Any news on bastion fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Any news on bastion fix?

Don't think so.

D.Va isn't fixed either. Her defense matrix still fails to block damage from opponents when they're bunched up tightly. A fix for that was supposed to go live a fortnight ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Don't think so.

D.Va isn't fixed either. Her defense matrix still fails to block damage from opponents when they're bunched up tightly. A fix for that was supposed to go live a fortnight ago.

I cant see them fixing it anytime soon so Totz :pac:

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I cant see them fixing it anytime soon so Totz :pac:

It and Bastion's Ironclad were fixed on PC two weeks ago

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753626069

Console players being neglected as usual by Blizzard

They were quick enough to add AFK detection and stop people from farming XP though

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/console-patch-notes/ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

It and Bastion's Ironclad were fixed on PC two weeks ago

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753626069

Console players being neglected as usual by Blizzard

They were quick enough to add AFK detection and stop people from farming XP though

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/console-patch-notes/ps4

Don't forget they also nerfed Symetra's turrets on console not PC too.

They done the same with Torbjorn's turret shortly after release

I've no problem with them making platform specific nerfs etc if it improves the QoL for those playing on said platforms. Blizzard have an awful tendency to put consoles on the long finger when it comes to fixing actual bugs though.

There are bugs on both XBone and PS4 which were found a week after launch that still haven't been fixed or even addressed. The black screen after ejecting from Dva's mech for example.

The Defense Matrix one annoys me more than any other since it can be enough to change how a match goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Think I just retired a Genji. He must've ulted about 8 times over the game and chased me every single time. Didn't kill me once and Mercy's peashooter killed him twice.

That change is not needed on Pc though.

Players on Pc have better faster aim as mouse is more responsive than game pad.

Same reason that torb turret got nerfed on console.

And I'm a console player prefer console for comfort but facts are facts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

They done the same with Torbjorn's turret shortly after release

I've no problem with them making platform specific nerfs etc if it improves the QoL for those playing on said platforms. Blizzard have an awful tendency to put consoles on the long finger when it comes to fixing actual bugs though.

There are bugs on both XBone and PS4 which were found a week after launch that still haven't been fixed or even addressed. The black screen after ejecting from Dva's mech for example.

Totz, may I ask have you posted on the blizzard forums in regards to these bugs?

jonnycivic wrote:
    Totz, may I ask have you posted on the blizzard forums in regards to these bugs?

Of course, he even sent Jeff Kaplan a letter penned in the blood of several diva mains as a protest.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Of course, he even sent Jeff Kaplan a letter penned in the blood of several diva mains as a protest.

jcd no need for your hormonal moods today, its steak day :pac: ..... just asking cos sometimes people give out about these things but never notify the company. I was asking if totz had gotten onto them or if there is even an open thread with blizzrd discussing these issues.

jonnycivic wrote: »

I have posted a few times about the DM one. I also suggested that they make an announcement about it. Jeff responded in one thread saying that it was fixed and about to go live but failed to mention that it only applied to PC's

Loads of posts regarding consoles have been made on their forums and just go unanswered. They didn't even add it to the list of known issues.

I'd say there's some amount of poor saps maining D.va in comp atm and not even aware of the bloody bug!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

fixxxer wrote: »

Orissa going live next Tuesday 21st March!

Scratch that, just seen Penn's post! Roll on the tank meta! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

I have posted a few times about the DM one. I also suggested that they make an announcement about it. Jeff responded in one thread saying that it was fixed and about to go live but failed to mention that it only applied to PC's

Loads of posts regarding consoles have been made on their forums and just go unanswered. They didn't even add it to the list of known issues.

I'd say there's some amount of poor saps maining D.va in comp atm and not even aware of the bloody bug!

I main D.va the whole time and honestly this bug doesn't seem to have impacted me at all. Usually if you have a good healer you can be in and out without needing to use defence matrix the whole time. I also use her as a flanker or healer killer like winston in and out without too much hassle. If you are using her though as a sole upfront tank it can be annoying alright to be taking so much damage and you can really feel the hit to her armour pool.

I don't know if any reinhardts have come across this or whether its known but the odd times I use rein and use his ult and everybody is still standing is more annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

2-0 up on Oasis and our attackers have to go spawn pushing despite my requests to stay on/around the point. Needless to say it went 2-1. One of our team quits right there (Not sure if it's related) then of course it's 2-2.

5v6 we somehow pulled it back. Not sure I've ever played that well in my life as Lucio, and I wasn't even in the top 3 on our team, the other players were unreal. Finished with 22.5k healing with Lucio which I think is my most. Probably my favourite game I've played in competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hard not to lose the head with some people in this. Defending and we give all the points on Dorado with about a minute left.

Attacking and we stomp the first point. We get wiped once and some twat changes to Torbjorn, makes a turret back at the first spawn and occasionally throws armour to not get kicked. We lose, obviously.

Ask him what does he even get out of that? "Annoying moronic teammates."

Utter cúnt.

Climbed from 2168 to 2537. That's some streak on my side tonight; 6 or 7 wins and 2 draws. Definitely a Blizzard Blessing.

....aaand instantly trounced. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

That's still good going to climb that much so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Anyone else find it's quicker to climb in SR this season? Feels like I'm gaining far more SR per win than losing per loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Anyone else find it's quicker to climb in SR this season? Feels like I'm gaining far more SR per win than losing per loss.

No you definitely loose more SR for a loss than you gain for a win.

I started keeping track of my games about 10 days ago and have played 28 games in that time. 14 wins, 3 Draws and 11 losses. SR when i started keeping track was 2483 and I'm now 2513. Season high has been 2619 so far.

• Advertisement

Streaks seems to shoot it up more than usual this time as someone else pointed out, but I have noticed myself taking less of a hit from losses.

I still really haven't a clue how it works, to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement