Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Anyone else find it's quicker to climb in SR this season? Feels like I'm gaining far more SR per win than losing per loss.

Ye what emmet said! After a four win streak you can start clocking 50-80 sr depending on medals and the overall sr of the team that you beat.

Could be you're just getting better too. I've been tracking my stats since start of placements, I average 20+sr on a win and 25-30 for a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sight808 wrote: »
    Ye what emmet said! After a four win streak you can start clocking 50-80 sr depending on medals and the overall sr of the team that you beat.

Could be you're just getting better too. I've been tracking my stats since start of placements, I average 20+sr on a win and 25-30 for a loss.

Here's my last 28 games.

Only one steak more than 3 and that was four losses. Two lots of three win streaks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Really interesting, I mist try keep track over the next 10 games or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

For tracking stats masteroverwatch.com, overwatchtracker.com and www.overbuff.com are pretty good, although they may not give you as detailed a look as you might be looking for.

Also pretty good for spying on people ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Here's my last 28 games.

Only one steak more than 3 and that was four losses. Two lots of three win streaks though.

^^ I get the 3 win streaks a lot also, which is ood. Your's is far more detailed, I don't bother with maps or heroes played, I can get the stats in game for that (the heroes anyway).

Are they all solo q?
    Grayditch wrote: »
    Really interesting, I mist try keep track over the next 10 games or so.

It's great if you want more stats to what the game provides.

• Advertisement

Sight808 wrote: »
    ^^ I get the 3 win streaks a lot also, which is ood. Your's is far more detailed, I don't bother with maps or heroes played, I can get the stats in game for that (the heroes anyway).

Are they all solo q?

It's great if you want more stats to what the game provides.

There's about 60% solo in that. I'll add another column to throw that in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

My hit accuracy is better with Pharah than Widowmaker... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I think splash damage counts towards that, unlike her card for direct hits

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Uhm, of course: hard to miss the enemy with a five foot explosion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm done with the Mercy main experiment. Got me to Masters (didn't last long...) but it's too much stress and bother. Healers are plenty capable of fúcking up, and I have, but everyone else's stupidity is amplified tenfold. Would wreck your head.

• Advertisement

Lost over 100sr today. I was on absolutely tragic teams. Watching them while I'm waiting to spawn, losing 1v1s because their aim is so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Hi Casey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Encountered two of the biggest tools on mic I've ever had the misfortune to listen to just there. Both Irish guys, smurfing and throwing games deliberately.

A pair of cúnts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Jesus I swear comp will give me an aneurysm! Had to f**k my team out of it in chat because they kept over extending, nearly lost the game over them! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I played CS:GO for 3 years and made it to Global Elite in competitive and that game has its problems with those who play and a certain level of toxicity. But, nothing, nothing will ever beat Overwatch's player-base. In my opinion, because Overwatch's artwork is more child-friendly upon first appearance and the lower entry point for difficulty, dumb kids play a lot of this game. Also, the fact that you simply can not win a round in Overwatch unless at least 5 team mates are actually working together heightens the frustration. At least in CS one or two players can still carry.

The community is what will wreck Overwatch. I won't even consider solo-queuing anymore because that doesn't mean a greater chance of a loss, but an increased chance that we will get a fúcking idiot who will just abuse and throw the game because he wants to play Toblerone on attack...

Falthyron wrote: »
    I played CS:GO for 3 years and made it to Global Elite in competitive and that game has its problems with those who play and a certain level of toxicity. But, nothing, nothing will ever beat Overwatch's player-base. In my opinion, because Overwatch's artwork is more child-friendly upon first appearance and the lower entry point for difficulty, dumb kids play a lot of this game. Also, the fact that you simply can not win a round in Overwatch unless at least 5 team mates are actually working together heightens the frustration. At least in CS one or two players can still carry.

The community is what will wreck Overwatch. I won't even consider solo-queuing anymore because that doesn't mean a greater chance of a loss, but an increased chance that we will get a fúcking idiot who will just abuse and throw the game because he wants to play Toblerone on attack...

I played four solo queue games today and had a great time with the randomers on chat.

I agree though you can get some right twats ruining a game on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I wonder would Overwatch run on a surface 3 tablet with and i7?

fixxxer wrote: »
    I wonder would Overwatch run on a surface 3 tablet with and i7?

It'd surely run on minimum settings at worst? Maybe even medium?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Seen something about 22% of the community playing on intel integrated graphics however the hell they're managing it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Falthyron wrote: »

Yeah, never thought I'd be in the situation to actually miss the csgo community.

• Advertisement

madcabbage wrote: »
    Jesus I swear comp will give me an aneurysm! Had to f**k my team out of it in chat because they kept over extending, nearly lost the game over them! :mad:

Can't stand when a team doesn't keep any shape. I see Reapers running at their spawn head on when we take the point. Cya mate.

I played 9 games today, 6 wins and 3 losses, climbing a total of 60 points.

Also got a new season high of 2635 so hopefully get a bit higher over the weekend.

Two big changes pushed to PTR.

Lucio has been reworked a bit to include a reduced range on speed and heals but his amp it up heal rate has been increased by 50%. He now gets an additional speed boost after wall riding as well. His Sound Barrier range has also been reduced. Speed of his projectiles have also increased from 40 to 50 so will be easier to hit targets.

As i main Lucio I'm pretty happy with those changes and hope they make it to live.

Second big change is a introduction of a second entrance to the right of the Eichenwaldt arch choke at the very start.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20635660

https://youtu.be/9FMACLE6Bmk

I'm liking those Lucio changes. The speed boost after a wallride will be good for getaways.

I'm liking those Lucio changes. The speed boost after a wallride will be good for getaways.

Might help escape Zaraya. Also going to be even more of a fecker when contesting the payload :pac:

Lucio will be very important to a dive comp now.

That increased heal rate will keep tanks alive easier. Lucio is my most used in comp, I'm looking forward to this :)

That increased heal rate will keep tanks alive easier. Lucio is my most used in comp, I'm looking forward to this :)

Same as that. Over 150 hours on him now in comp. Last season I'd 45 hours on him and the next closest was 3 hours :pac:

The Eichenwalde change is a shame. I enjoyed the challenge of getting through the arch.

fixxxer wrote: »
    The Eichenwalde change is a shame. I enjoyed the challenge of getting through the arch.

No it was needed. With Orissa coming if was only going to get harder.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote:
    No it was needed. With Orissa coming if was only going to get harder.

Didn't they change the door on the castle too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement