Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Orisa will be disabled in comp for the first week. Makes sense really

Is she launching today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Guess I'll stock up my SR decay days and leave Comp for another week to settle after that:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Cant wait to play with Orissa. Took a well deserved break and ready to go back in. Bastion is still terrorizing comp though I take it yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Is she launching today?

Yeah, think the update happens around 7

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah, think the update happens around 7

Grand I'll be on later to see what its all like then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Does it? She's been in testing for ages so why not just let her fly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Cant wait to play with Orissa. Took a well deserved break and ready to go back in. Bastion is still terrorizing comp though I take it yeah?

Meh, I think the Bastion thing is totally overblown. He's obviously appearing more in comp, but not in every game, and not making the game any less fun when he's there, for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Bastion isn't really a massive problem I find. It's problematic when you're solo queuing with people who dont know how to position themselves against him or sort him out, but for the most part he's being dealt with in the 60+ competitive games I've played.

I think his ult should be slower to build, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I thought he was patched after 2 days on PC and it's just console still waiting on the patch?

fixxxer wrote: »

Well in the past when new heroes were released during comp people would insta-lock on them and get pissy or threaten to afk whenever anyone said anything about it. Composition goes out the window.

She's only been tested on PC too

• Advertisement

It makes perfect sense. She's only been available on PTR and nobody has decent experience with her to be actually competent with her.

Well in the past when new heroes were released during comp people would insta-lock on them and get pissy or threaten to afk whenever anyone said anything about it. Composition goes out the window.

She's only been tested on PC too
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    It makes perfect sense. She's only been available on PTR and nobody has decent experience with her to be actually competent with her.

People get instalock Torbjorn on offense as it is, I doubt a new character would make that much difference to be honest.

People get instalock Torbjorn on offense as it is, I doubt a new character would make that much difference to be honest.

People have experience with Torb, that's the difference.

Blizzard will more than likely maintain this with future Character releases in future as well.

Go to QP and spend the week with Orissa with something resembling a half decent team where most matches will go the whole way to the end.

Orisa is kinda funny. There isn't a single original idea in that character. How about we take Mercy's damage boost, Zarya's graviton, combine Winston and Reinhadrts shield, take Bastion's ironclad, take D.Va's slowed movement when firing, Zenyetta's slowish moving projectiles and somehow make a hero out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Bastion is a pain in the ring alright, but from what I've played in 30 comp games over the weekend, there wasn't much Bastion game play that massively swung games. All comes down whether there's a Rein and Mercy protecting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Orisa is kinda funny. There isn't a single original idea in that character. How about we take Mercy's damage boost, Zarya's graviton, combine Winston and Reinhadrts shield, take Bastion's ironclad, take D.Va's slowed movement when firing, Zenyetta's slowish moving projectiles and somehow make a hero out of it.

Literally designed by an 11yo fangirl :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Orisa gets fucking murdered by Sombra so I can't wait until she goes live on Comp and you can be sure of there being one on the opposing team for at least a week.

I like her as a hero; I think she needs a bigger HP pool though (Orisa, that is).

Zillah wrote: »
    Orisa gets fucking murdered by Sombra so I can't wait until she goes live on Comp and you can be sure of there being one on the opposing team for at least a week.

I like her as a hero; I think she needs a bigger HP pool though (Orisa, that is).

Why does she get murdered?

Surely Sombra can't out DPS Orisa? I imagine that's compounded when Orisa uses her abilities to "tank" extra damage.

Does a Sombra hack wipe out any barriers already placed? Does it stop the "tank" ability?

It blocks her from activating any of her abilities, but it doesn't shut down any that are active. The shield is a non-issue unless she's literally hiding in the corner: Sombra can go invisible and cloak, a shield covering 180 degrees is not a problem. Fortify can't be turned on, and without Halt! she has little chance of hitting Sombra. Orisa has a huge hitbox and a big head hitbox, and she is very slow. Sombra is tiny and fast, and Orisa's main weapon has very slow projectiles.

You hack her, and then just bounce around emptying your gun into her big stupid head and she dies really quickly, while barely landing a shot on Sombra.

I've done it dozens of times on PTR; Orisa is never a threat.

Usual caveats apply: this is on PC, I don't know how aim assist on console might affect things.

Zillah wrote: »
    It blocks her from activating any of her abilities, but it doesn't shut down any that are active. The shield is a non-issue unless she's literally hiding in the corner: Sombra can go invisible and cloak, a shield covering 180 degrees is not a problem. Fortify can't be turned on, and without Halt! she has little chance of hitting Sombra. Orisa has a huge hitbox and a big head hitbox, and she is very slow. Sombra is tiny and fast, and Orisa's main weapon has very slow projectiles.

You hack her, and then just bounce around emptying your gun into her big stupid head and she dies really quickly, while barely landing a shot on Sombra.

I've done it dozens of times on PTR; Orisa is never a threat.

Usual caveats apply: this is on PC, I don't know how aim assist on console might affect things.

Does Fortify block/interrupt the hack?

• Advertisement

Nope. Hacking doesn't shut down the Fortify if its already active but it works normally otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

No option for private server \ LAN party with Overwatch?

You can do a custom game. It won't work over the LAN, you'll be bouncing your signals to a Blizzard server and back again. How that would work for several people on the same connection I don't know.

Patch is live on PC, probably live for consoles too.

No sign of it on PS4 yet.

I'm not seeing any mention of D.Va's Defense Matrix being fixed on consoles. Hopefully it is and was just omitted. I'd be kinda pissed if it wasn't fixed at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Is it not arriving between 6-8?

Check for update manually, its there for PS4. Press options on game tile and check for update.

Downloading!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Downloading!

...so slowly. So slowly.

• Advertisement

Getting into a server seems tough at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement