Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

J. Marston wrote:
    Do supports get less SR per game? Got 30 SR for a good game with Soldier, first game after a loss too so it wasn't a win streak. I've never got 30 SR with Mercy, no matter how good I've played.

Maybe you've played too much of one character.

Last season I had over 30 hours comp on mei and by mid season I was only getting 12-15 Sr for a win, whereas on reaper I'd get 23-28 and I'm not a great reaper at all.

For what it's worth I was doing well with mei at the time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Maybe you've played too much of one character.

Last season I had over 30 hours comp on mei and by mid season I was only getting 12-15 Sr for a win, whereas on reaper I'd get 23-28 and I'm not a great reaper at all.

For what it's worth I was doing well with mei at the time as well.

It's probably because Mei is pure evil and evil shouldn't be rewarded :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I resent that... I'm not a terrible support... I'm a Boostio Main :D

Oh?

OH OH OH

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zillah wrote: »
    Oh?

OH OH OH

Had a great time annoying the crap out of a Hanzo the other night. I kept jumping around in front of him and wall riding around him... Poor guy couldn't even hit me :pac:

I find 99/100 Hanzos to be absolute pants. That 1/100, though, seems like he is instant death whenever I am in line of sight. Widowmaker tends to go the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I like gaming tat but $150 is well out of my price range. Looks awesome though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That is class looking in fairness.

Ha. Saw Orisa being picked and figured I was in QuickPlay so I quit because I was with a party who wanted Competitive.

-50 Sr again and 30 min ban. I guess that one is on me.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Ha. Saw Orisa being picked and figured I was in QuickPlay so I quit because I was with a party who wanted Competitive.

But it gives you a big red warning...

Don't remember seeing in during the set up. If I had seen it then I don't think I would have done it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Does it not let you rejoin when you leave? Or is that just for when you lose connection?

It only let's you rejoin if the match has started, so it was only a minor inconvenience to the rest. I was pretty mortified thinking I had picked Quickplay with my new found French mates, so jumped out as quick as I could.

In retrospect, someone HAD picked Orisa in competitive, so there may have been a collective sigh of relief when the match was cancelled :pac:

In retrospect, someone HAD picked Orisa in competitive, so there may have been a collective sigh of relief when the match was cancelled :pac:

Here, this will cheer you up. Junkrat the selfless hero https://youtu.be/XsE4HzgaKto

Haha. Such a good feeling.

I got a nice POTG today. The resistance to his own grenades coming into play a bit.

Don't know how it is on PC but PharMercy is such a pain in the hole on console. I play a load of Mercy but I'm so sick of flying around with Pharah every game and you gotta do it because it's so effective.

I think Mercy's damage boost should be halved or even dropped to 10% on Pharah only to lessen their impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

J. Marston wrote: »
    Don't know how it is on PC but PharMercy is such a pain in the hole on console. I play a load of Mercy but I'm so sick of flying around with Pharah every game and you gotta do it because it's so effective.

I think Mercy's damage boost should be halved or even dropped to 10% on Pharah only to lessen their impact.

I think if they simply made Mercy less floaty it should solve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I think if they simply made Mercy less floaty it should solve it.

[PATCH NOTES]

Hero changes.
    Mercy now 20% less floaty.

From Diamond to Masters......all the way down to Platinum.

Fùck. This. Game.

Get ready for Widowmaker and Hanzo combos on defence . Mei trolls and people quitting (not by accident, either).

• Advertisement

Might be a good time to try out Paladins, give Overwatch a bit of a break

Benzino wrote: »
    Might be a good time to try out Paladins, give Overwatch a bit of a break

Seeing as Paladins is an almost exact clone, I don't think it counts as taking a break. :D

fixxxer wrote: »
    Seeing as Paladins is an almost exact clone, I don't think it counts as taking a break. :D

Ha true, more a break from the toxicity :D

Damnit, now I've the song stuck in my head!

J. Marston wrote: »
    From Diamond to Masters......all the way down to Platinum.

Fùck. This. Game.

How :eek:

Ha true, more a break from the toxicity :D

Damnit, now I've the song stuck in my head!

To be honest I thought things were changing for the better recently. I was noticing that even if people weren't using mics, they were using the voice command shortlists to communicate. I played five matches last night and more the previous few days where six strangers were trying to work together properly.

He should have picked Meerrccyyy.

fixxxer wrote: »
    To be honest I thought things were changing for the better recently. I was noticing that even if people weren't using mics, they were using the voice command shortlists to communicate. I played five matches last night and more the previous few days where six strangers were trying to work together properly.

For me on PS4, my experience is that it's getting worse. Yesterday, probably got about 8 games or so, easily 50% of them had at least one person switch to Hanzo or widow (which they never play) mid-game, or spam "Thanks" for the entirely of the match, or just not bother (one game we had 5 dps, all of which spammed "Need Healing").

I don't really mind anymore as I met my goal for this season, it's just not near as fun when people throw their toys out of the pram. I do hope they bring the report system to consoles, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

For me on PS4, my experience is that it's getting worse. Yesterday, probably got about 8 games or so, easily 50% of them had at least one person switch to Hanzo or widow (which they never play) mid-game, or spam "Thanks" for the entirely of the match, or just not bother (one game we had 5 dps, all of which spammed "Need Healing").

I don't really mind anymore as I met my goal for this season, it's just not near as fun when people throw their toys out of the pram. I do hope they bring the report system to consoles, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm playing on PS4 too. I've gotten so used to carrying a Hanzo or Widowmaker at this stage that I don't even blink when they are chosen -_-

A report system would be useful, group all the messers together and let them play amongst themselves.

By playing shìt and getting sick of my best character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 KneonK

I managed to win 6 out of 7 games last night. The teams just meshed so well, and nobody complained when I picked Mei which was a welcome change. I did have one French dude try to micromanage every aspect of the teams on coms but I mean, at least he was using them.

I have spent this and last season in plat though, the ranking gains from a win are just so weak. I salute anybody that can reach even diamond.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement