Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We fixed an issue that was causing Mercy's contributions to be lower as it pertained to Skill Rating reward at the end of a competitive win. We're still investigating though to make sure the issue is entirely fixed. The fix we put live was integrated on Tuesday but we're still hearing some reports. We'll keep working to fix it if it in fact is still broken. We're trying to verify right now.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753686603?page=25#post-486

So it wasn't just in my head. Getting screwed over all season on SR. I clearly would've made top 500 only for this egregious bug.

-_-

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J. Marston wrote: »
    So it wasn't just in my head. Getting screwed over all season on SR. I clearly would've made top 500 only for this egregious bug.

-_-

I'd a few games in the last few days where I'm getting 15-20 SR with Zen and Lucio and loosing 30+ for a loss.

It's pretty annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Graphics optimizations guide by GamersNexus

I changed a few settings & now I'm getting a comfortable 130fps stable (no point in more on a 120Hz monitor).

Dynamic reflections helps tonnes and doesn't really change how anything looks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I think I'm totally burned out,i haven't played in about 6 weeks as I just wasn't enjoying it anymore.
    Tried to play some more this weekend and its just not doing it for me, also noticed nobody on my friends list playing.

Cant believe I'm saying it but it might be time to uninstall and free up some SSD space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Dcully wrote: »
    I think I'm totally burned out,i haven't played in about 6 weeks as I just wasn't enjoying it anymore.
    Tried to play some more this weekend and its just not doing it for me, also noticed nobody on my friends list playing.

Cant believe I'm saying it but it might be time to uninstall and free up some SSD space.

I haven't played CS:GO in just over a year, but I am thinking of uninstalling Overwatch and going back to AWP-ing! :pac:

I firmly believe the community in Overwatch is worse than CS, and I really dislike how it only takes one idiot to make a game practically unwinnable for a team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I've certainly noticed as of late the amount of game throwing and just down right uncalled-for abuse is getting silly. Love the game, but jesus the people who are playing would test you patience!

Falthyron wrote: »
    I haven't played CS:GO in just over a year, but I am thinking of uninstalling Overwatch and going back to AWP-ing! :pac:

I firmly believe the community in Overwatch is worse than CS, and I really dislike how it only takes one idiot to make a game practically unwinnable for a team.
    madcabbage wrote: »
    I've certainly noticed as of late the amount of game throwing and just down right uncalled-for abuse is getting silly. Love the game, but jesus the people who are playing would test you patience!

I think you're both exaggerat....

C8WqAevXsAIy6H5.jpg

On second thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I think you're both exaggerat....

C8WqAevXsAIy6H5.jpg

On second thought.

Hope you reported him/her!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Yeah, I have never seen abuse ('hope you get cancer' or 'kys') directed at someone in CS. Overwatch really upped the ante on that front!

Benzino wrote: »
    Hope you reported him/her!

I did. That was my next message with a screenshot of the report which led to....

This.
    This.
    And this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

go platinum scrub

I dread to think what he'd call me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I did. That was my next message with a screenshot of the report which led to....

This.
    This.
    And this.

He won't be 56 for long after serving his ban ha. Why could you not view his real PSN though?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

State of that lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Continuing the series of the more amusing song videos here are two more additions to get stuck on your minds :P

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

From Diamond to Masters......all the way down to Platinum.

Fùck. This. Game.

ah man, what's going on like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

I get matched with Diamonds on quickplay and I'm barely over 2000 sr in competitive - I can't get any higher than that. Its basically pure luck whether or not you get a decent team.

I main soldier and I'm the top 30% of all players but in competitive I'm in the bottom 15% based on competitive points? I think the matchmaking system needs an overhaul.

I get matched with Diamonds on quickplay and I'm barely over 2000 sr in competitive - I can't get any higher than that. Its basically pure luck whether or not you get a decent team.

I main soldier and I'm the top 30% of all players but in competitive I'm in the bottom 15% based on competitive points? I think the matchmaking system needs an overhaul.

How do you figure your in the top 30% of all players for Solider?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How do you figure your in the top 30% of all players for Solider?
    Overbuff.com shows your stats compared to the rest of the playerbase

Overbuff.com shows your stats compared to the rest of the playerbase

No Overbuff shows your stats compared to other people registered with Overbuff.

Also keep in mind that your stats will not be a true reflection of your play in relation to your ranking.

For example two people have the same stats on Solider, one is 2000SR and one is 3000SR. Just because your stats are the same does not mean the 2000SR player is of equal skill to the 3000SR player. That 3000SR player has gotten the same stats as you but he has gotten them against better opposition than you've gotten yours against. If the lower SR player was dropped into the 3000SR game you can guarantee his stats will be a lot worse than in a 2000SR game.

And here lies the problem with the likes of Overbuff. It can show raw stats but it can't tell what skill level those stats came from.

It's a hell of a lot harder to get gold damage, kills and final blows at 3000SR than 2000SR if your a 2000SR player.

• Advertisement

6 or 7 game winning streak got me back up to 3300. Time for another crack at Masters!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Is there a Boards Overwatch type clan like we had for WoW?
    Currently at 3000SR want to reach masters but solo que seems daunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

6 or 7 game winning streak got me back up to 3300. Time for another crack at Masters!

What are you playing now? Your season sounds nuts...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I would like to play with normal people not because I want to get to masters but because the absolute worst thing about Overwatch is rolling the dice and seeing if I get some demented asshole ranting about how terrible his own team is, or attacking people and freaking out, turning the entire thing into a toxic ordeal. Can't we all just get along? Had a guy whining at me yesterday for not resurrecting him when I was playing Mercy after I died (I was hiding but a Hanzo came around the back looking for me). The best thing, though, is that we won, and he was bitching at me over comms while the victory screen was playing. That's a sort of person who will never, ever be happy with anything.

I'm on PC, currently around 2900. I think the matching band is within 1k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

One for you Zillah

https://youtu.be/fi8qI3e3t7s

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Zillah wrote: »
    The best thing, though, is that we won, and he was bitching at me over comms while the victory screen was playing. That's a sort of person who will never, ever be happy with anything.

That sort of person is baffling and exhausting.

If people just try and stay civil and communicate the chances of winning go way up, and even if you lose it takes the sting out of it. You say hard luck, good game anyway to your team and move on.

Sight808 wrote: »
    What are you playing now? Your season sounds nuts...

Mix of Mercy, Zarya and Tracer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Breaking news: two voice actors use social media to advance their careers! More at ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Zillah wrote: »
    Breaking news: two voice actors use social media to advance their careers! More at ten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Only 1000 more SR to escape from the toxicity of Gold Zillah!

Gold is surely the most standard tier, and so full of the worst people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement