Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Only 1000 more SR to escape from the toxicity of Gold Zillah!

Gold is surely the most standard tier, and so full of the worst people.

It's only once in a blue moon I get paired with a Gold. It's usually 50/50 Plat/Diamond.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Contested the Payload to get a win the other night while everyone else was dead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

A lot of weirdly overly aggressive teams around tonight. Lots of pushing forward towards our spawn but getting caught from the back

https://youtu.be/b7chHw8TSg8

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Played in a 25 minute long game earlier, crazy stuff m

What's the longest game some of you have played in?

Up to 2250, up 200 from placement so happy enough. Myself and a mate are creeping towards Platinum, ever so slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Two wins off Master and get put in a match where the other team has 5 master players with one diamond. We have 5 diamond with one master.

That's fair. Bullshít matchmaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Played in a 25 minute long game earlier, crazy stuff m

What's the longest game some of you have played in?

Up to 2250, up 200 from placement so happy enough. Myself and a mate are creeping towards Platinum, ever so slowly

Had a game go 8-8 on Volskya Industries before in Comp, ended a Draw. Was about 30mins, maybe more

Another person sending me messages when I'm playing Mercy. Why does this feel like a trap?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

fixxxer wrote: »
    I can teach you something

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Another person sending me messages when I'm playing Mercy. Why does this feel like a trap?
    r/Healsluts
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

fixxxer wrote:

If i wasn't A: in work and B: too lazy
    I'd post the only really accepted response to your last line.... Admiral ackbar "it's a trap" gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Your response of "Who are you?" was funny. They missed a trick by not responding with "I'm just a soldier trying to make a difference".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

J. Marston wrote: »
    Two wins off Master and get put in a match where the other team has 5 master players with one diamond. We have 5 diamond with one master.

That's fair. Bullshít matchmaking.

The MM is strange alright. I live in Australia and if I've been queuing a while it'll dump me into a US server for a match and often does the same for US players. Oh thanks blizzard, I love playing comp with a ping of 200+.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    r/Healsluts
    :p

I... was unaware of that particular sub culture :confused:

Okay, think I'll give up playing Mercy after taking a look at that subreddit!

J. Marston wrote: »
    Okay, think I'll give up playing Mercy after taking a look at that subreddit!

Jesus, the posts!

"Any tips for Mercy?"
    "Never just the tip with Mercy."

:pac:

I really wish I had not searched that on my work laptop

3bb72abc4f463ba3af465d668000378c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

He is right though, Mercy should be constantly damage boosting when there is no one to heal.

Zillah wrote: »
    He is right though, Mercy should be constantly damage boosting when there is no one to heal.

I agree completely. There was plenty to heal though, we were not a cohesive unit and there was no tank. The only thing keeping me alive was I had to constantly move from player to player trying to keep them alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Oh man, on Gibralta attack, a duo stack instantly lock genji and widow and start on mic "yea guys cancer is real yeaaaaaaaa". I naturally turn off team chat and pick hog, ready to suck up the loss and focus on my hook acc. The rest pick phara, torb and soldier. I don't know how but we manage to take all 3 points. Not one healer and only me tanking. All the time the widow typing how he is carrying us.. (he was hitting major shots tbf), but still.

On Defence, it's the same again no healer and only me tanking. 1 minute of holding the payload the other team starts to rage quit and leave one by one.

Even winning people are toxic af.

Wish I could win when playing with tools.

• Advertisement

Done with this for a while. Went from 2 wins off Masters again back down to 3100.

Handily winning on attack before someone leaves on the last point to leave us 6v5 for defence and lose in overtime. Last straw.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Update on my Season 4 Stats

I've played 34hrs W = 69 L = 55 D = 12

Season High = 2385 Current = 2362

Played 11 games in duo, rest as solo.

Only 7 games where there was toxicity that caused a loss (rage quit, throwing etc)

Win%

Rein : 52% (down from 59%)
    Roadhog 53% (down from 59%)

Soldier 49% (same)

Zarya 56% (Up from 41%)

Phara 47%

I play early in the mornings, less kids and the games are a bit better compared to evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Played a 2 minute long game tonight where I was the only person on our team to get an Elimination, I got One.

Needless to say we got steamrolled.

In other news, Mei is so much fun

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have now played 102 games since I started tracking my games with 54 wins and fallen from a season high of 2750 to 2500ish.

I know myself I have not been playing as well in the last two weeks and making silly mistakes. I have not strung more than three wins together and the same for losses.

Tonight I played 10 games and went WLWLWLWLWD. It's been the same all season and I'm finding it really hard to do anything more to try and put a decent run together.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Just successfully defended Volskaya with a team made of only support and a Bastion. They didn't even take the first point. Many lols to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Reached a career high of a little over 3400, immediately got placed in a game with an average of 3750 on both teams and was shown to be out of my element VERY FAST.

Two top 500s on both teams, the number 15 guy was on ours and was playing genji. I was in chat, said i'll do my best to keep up, what do you want me to play etc...the pros all pick their mains and ask me to play Zenyatta...
    Halfway through the match i have the Genji shouting "ZEN IS YOUR MONITOR OFF I NEED HEALING" - i just couldn't track the guy, moved too fast and the match was a fair bit beyond my comfort level.

Traumatising...my one time to shine and i choked.

The Genji calmed down a bit when i explained what was going on but we still got hosed.

So was there any official announcement about tomorrows supposed event or is it all still speculation?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

So was there any official announcement about tomorrows supposed event or is it all still speculation?

As far as i know it's still all fairly up in the air.

The only reasonably solid info is that it's heavily story/lore related and based in Kings Row around the Omnic Uprising. I'm hoping for another PvE event.

Also a screenshot of a few skins got leaked which looked pretty legit.

As far as i know it's still all fairly up in the air.

The only reasonably solid info is that it's heavily story/lore related and based in Kings Row around the Omnic Uprising. I'm hoping for another PvE event.

Also a screenshot of a few skins got leaked which looked pretty legit.

I like that Mercy Tracer and Torbjorn gets hats. I don't know why I like this, but there you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

I like that Mercy Tracer and Torbjorn gets hats. I don't know why I like this, but there you go.
    mailbu-stacy-episode-image.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement