Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

fixxxer wrote: »
    Problem I have is I like Mercy's Halloween witch skin I never want to switch off it. But I still want the other skins :-/
    Got the same skin; unlikely to ever switch it off for something else. Honestly all the new skins are meh in my book; genji is the best of them but I prefer my old white armor one over the new one. I currently have something like 13.5k saved up waiting for skins I actually want and generic blue is definitely not it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Only one I like and the colour theme actually works with is mercy imo, ill probably just buy it with credits instead of hoping for it to drop in a loot box.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I got the Mcree skin first drop. I not particularly enamored with the pve, thought it was a bit banal really.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Scraped into Masters for the first time last night, terrified to play another game now.

Glad that Mercy is sitting nicely in the meta at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I see a post on the Blizzard Forum that they've made changes to the "streak" system.

It now takes longer for a streak to kick in and the multiplier is also reduced.

Personally I've dropped almost 300 SR this season with a 53% win rate. I haven't experienced a win streak above 3 and i haven't lost more than 4 games in a row (that only happened once).

What are people's thoughts on dropping SR over all even if you have a Win % of 50%+ ?

I kind of liked the idea of the win streaks. I know they want to stop boosting and inflation of SR, but if you just solo queue like I do 90% of the time it's nice to be rewarded. But, I'll happily trade that for a less punishing loss streak system. I guess it will take longer for you to get to a certain rank, but at least if you do have a loss streak you won't drop out of whatever rank you're in or lose that much SR. I lost 6 games in a row earlier in the season and dropped 200+ SR and that came directly after a 5 game win streak (gained 170 SR) :rolleyes:

I think it's more aimed at people who play massive sessions of 5 games or longer. I can play maybe 3 in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sight808 wrote: »
    I kind of liked the idea of the win streaks. I know they want to stop boosting and inflation of SR, but if you just solo queue like I do 90% of the time it's nice to be rewarded. But, I'll happily trade that for a less punishing loss streak system. I guess it will take longer for you to get to a certain rank, but at least if you do have a loss streak you won't drop out of whatever rank you're in or lose that much SR. I lost 6 games in a row earlier in the season and dropped 200+ SR and that came directly after a 5 game win streak (gained 170 SR) :rolleyes:

So your average points gain for the wins was 34 and the loss was 33.

I'm playing support and I'm only getting 19-23 for a win and loosing 28-32 for a loss.

One game recently we got smashed and someone quit on our team, I lost 47 points. I didn't even play poorly, i just couldn't do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I thought the support SR bug was supposed to be fixed with this update?

I thought the support SR bug was supposed to be fixed with this update?

Not sure to be honest. I only played two Competitive games since Tuesday as i was doing the PvE mode.

It was very frustrating though because if i lost 3 games I'd to win 4-5 to break even for a night (no streaks).

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

So your average points gain for the wins was 34 and the loss was 33.

I'm playing support and I'm only getting 19-23 for a win and loosing 28-32 for a loss.

One game recently we got smashed and someone quit on our team, I lost 47 points. I didn't even play poorly, i just couldn't do anything.

Actually, I had a proper look at the numbers, gained more sr than i thought for the win streak and dropped less for the loss streak. :rolleyes:

The actual win streak sr I gained was (186) 27-26-35-45-53. Loss Streak 24 - 22 - 23 - 34 - 34 -51 (188). That happened less than 20 games into the season.

I only tank, with some dps if needed. SR varies, it does seem to depend on my medals, the sr difference between the teams, if I get potg? and of course the streaks. Average SR is maybe a tiny bit higher than yours for the wins. Defo don't lose as much for losing though.

Oh also I don't seem to stuck in the W/L/W/L cycle like before. Last 10 games have been WWWWLWLLWL. Maybe tha'ts helping? No idea how to make out the SR

For pc users make sure you look at your GFX settings. Seems the update has changed some things about unintentionally.

• Advertisement

I've two friends now who have had duplicates in the same loot box. Is that new?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

I've two friends now who have had duplicates in the same loot box. Is that new?

as in the exact same item twice in the same look box?

I never really look to hard at duplicates , usually trying to suppress the rage..

papu wrote: »
    as in the exact same item twice in the same look box?

I never really look to hard at duplicates , usually trying to suppress the rage..

Yup. One was the same Zarya win pose and the other was The same Winston voice line.

I played 17 games today, lost the first 3 and dropped to 2411(my season low) said I'd stay on for a few more.

I won the next 9 on the bounce, lost one and won the next four. Back up to 2702, a climb of almost 300.

Have really enjoyed it today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I wouldn't be the best of players, platinum last two seasons mainly solo grinding, played ranking this season, won more than lost, placed low silver. Haven't touched the game since

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Just had a round there where the enemy team's Ana nanoboosted their Lucio so our Ana nanoboosted me as Mercy.
    Then Lucio and I fought for the first point on Hollywood.
    It was stupid and fun. Overwatch has started a Support fighting arena it would seem.

"Are you not entertained!"

EDIT: I went to that subreddit posted a few pages back.
    Just why.

The new capping rules is causing some salt amongst people not aware of it. Just won with a 19% capped point vs 0.5%. Much WTFs were said by the opposing team. Trololo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Just had a round there where the enemy team's Ana nanoboosted their Lucio so our Ana nanoboosted me as Mercy. Then Lucio and I fought for the first point on Hollywood. It was stupid and fun. Overwatch has started a Support fighting arena it would seem.

I love that they added a "Boostioooo!" voiceline for Lucio this update. Such a fun dynamic between the developers and the community of this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Haven't heard that yet, must keep an ear out for it next time I'm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The new capping rules is causing some salt amongst people not aware of it. Just won with a 19% capped point vs 0.5%. Much WTFs were said by the opposing team. Trololo.

It can be very annoying, IMO it should be patched so you need to at least hit the next 33% marker.

Had a game during the week where we got 6% I think? Other team starts attack, Tracer flanks and hits 2-3% before anyone has time to react, and has won the game before we can reach the point again.

If you attack first and are held well, you're at a disadvantage as you probably can't defend the chokes properly anymore, you need to defend the point, which is obviously much much harder on the likes of Volskaya or Eigenwalde where you can't cover both at once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Grateful for bit of advice please. My 12 year old wants a crack at this now we're getting decent broadband, what's the level of arseholeness online for this game? Decent community? (not worried about swearing)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

My 12 year old wants a crack at this now we're getting decent broadband, what's the level of arseholeness online for this game? Decent community?

Console or PC?

Console or PC?

Xbox, sorry should have said.

Xbox, sorry should have said.

There's very few people using mics on Xbox. In all the time I've played solo I've come across maybe 20 people in game chat. On console most people are in parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

You can also set it so the game doesn't auto join the chat channel.

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Thanks lads.

This games community does get toxic tho and pretty quickly, may be worth keeping an eye for the first few games he plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

jcd5971 wrote: »
    This games community does get toxic tho and pretty quickly, may be worth keeping an eye for the first few games he plays.

Is it a normal thing to receive messages? Never gotten any personally, I'm sure there's plenty of unheard abuse on chat though

jcd5971 wrote: »

Thanks, I will be annoying him for first little while at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Whole ton of voice lines got mined. Booooooostio

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement