Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Playing comp seem pretty pointless right now. Went on a 5 game win streak last night, getting exactly 19-20 SR for each win (streak bonuses are gone it seems) then I lost one and lost 22 SR. Complete bullshít.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J. Marston wrote: »
    Playing comp seem pretty pointless right now. Went on a 5 game win streak last night, getting exactly 19-20 SR for each win (streak bonuses are gone it seems) then I lost one and lost 22 SR. Complete bullshít.

Are you playing support?

Streaks have been toned down and take longer to hit now, i posted a link a few days back about it.

The other night i won 8 games in a row and was getting 26 points on average.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

If I could win one in a row I'd be delighted :(

Gone from a Season High to 70 odd below placement, 8 losses on the bounce.

I enjoy playing with loads of hero's, I think there's 11 that I'm fairly confident with which is great fun, but I don't think I'll make good enough for winning comp games unless I knuckle down and stick to 2-3 heroes.

Mei is such good fun but you really need to have a great game to pull your weight, which is disappointing as she's probably my favourite to play as.

Does anyone on console here main Lucio? I'm considering switching his Crossfade/Boop to X (A on Xbox) and then setting jump to L1/L2 (LB/LT) to free up aiming while wall riding. Is this a done thing or have many experience with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I enjoy playing with loads of hero's, I think there's 11 that I'm fairly confident with which is great fun, but I don't think I'll make good enough for winning comp games unless I knuckle down and stick to 2-3 heroes.

Mei is such good fun but you really need to have a great game to pull your weight, which is disappointing as she's probably my favourite to play as.

Does anyone on console here main Lucio? I'm considering switching his Crossfade/Boop to X (A on Xbox) and then setting jump to L1/L2 (LB/LT) to free up aiming while wall riding. Is this a done thing or have many experience with it?
    . MeI is broke atm her slow effect doesn't kick in

. MeI is broke atm her slow effect doesn't kick in

I've found her impossible to use because of this, but even before the patch she's hard to play well. Playing poorly as soldier or genji I'd still get 10-15 elims in a QP game, playing poorly as Mei I'd get 5 or 6.

Zarya is where it is anyways

• Advertisement

I main Lucio on Xbox One. I've an Elite Controller and have A, X, Y and B on the paddles at the back.

Never have to take my thumbs off my thumbsticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I main Lucio on Xbox One. I've an Elite Controller and have A, X, Y and B on the paddles at the back.

I've jump on L2 on PS4. There's no way I could play him having to use X as jump. I've done that will all characters that can allow for it.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I've jump on L2 on PS4. There's no way I could play him having to use X as jump. I've done that will all characters that can allow for it.

Don't forget to turn on the Wallride backwards option in the settings.

I don't think I even did that, nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Don't think I'm too bothered with comp this season...solo qued placements as I cba waiting for my group to come online....bad idea. Placed a good 700-800sr below last season. Hard to climb as well when I get matched with symmetra mains and a person that picked widow cos someone took his soldier DPS.

Oh well, the PvE game mode is pretty fun. Think I need 3-4 more diff heroes to get the achievement and then all I've left is the 2 difficulties to complete.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    I don't think I even did that, nice one.

I think it's a new enough option. Really handy when you get used to it though.

I think it's a new enough option. Really handy when you get used to it though.

Are there downsides to it? All I found was that its much easier to turn and aim.

Boop on X Grayditch is it? Might try that.

There's a mate of mine has his Lucio and Pharah jump on L3. Lucio I can understand, awkward as it is but he hadn't the brain to think of trying L2 for Pharahs hover. I think that might even be the default :pac:

That sounds majestic to be honest.

I do 99% of my gaming on PC, Overwatch is one of two games my PS4 gets use for, so I really miss the kbm combo, and I don't play PS4 enough to justify extra peripherals.

Nah, I need the boop handy, so that's on L3. Melee moved to X, because I don't use it much with him.

Are there downsides to it? All I found was that its much easier to turn and aim.

There's a mate of mine has his Lucio and Pharah jump on L3. Lucio I can understand, awkward as it is but he hadn't the brain to think of trying L2 for Pharahs hover. I think that might even be the default :pac:

No downsides at all once you get used to it. Very handy to escape when you know there's a wall behind you. Hop on and roll away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

it's much easier to focus on a role, say tank or dps and just work on a few heroes within that. If you are looking to climb then already mentioned, zarya is amazing, along with hog. Nobody ever wants to tank

I would suggest taking a char from each class. That way you have a higher chance of being useful

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It can be very annoying, IMO it should be patched so you need to at least hit the next 33% marker.

Had a game during the week where we got 6% I think? Other team starts attack, Tracer flanks and hits 2-3% before anyone has time to react, and has won the game before we can reach the point again.

If you attack first and are held well, you're at a disadvantage as you probably can't defend the chokes properly anymore, you need to defend the point, which is obviously much much harder on the likes of Volskaya or Eigenwalde where you can't cover both at once.

I won a match last night where we capped a point 0.5% and then we successfully defended it on the next round :D However I probably agree. I don't really see .5% as a margin worthy of a win.

I won a match last night where we capped a point 0.5% and then we successfully defended it on the next round :D However I probably agree. I don't really see .5% as a margin worthy of a win.

Winning isthe winning. 0.5 is terrible.....but at least ye capped some of it

I would suggest taking a char from each class. That way you have a higher chance of being useful

The heroes I play regular are Genji, Soldier, Tracer, Junkrat, Bastion, Mei, D. Va, Hog, Zarya, Mercy, Lucio and Zenyatta, so suffice to say, I bounce around between heroes way too much.

So at least three from every class, I'll probably narrow myself to Tracer, Mei, Hog, Zarya, Mercy and Lucio.

I find most Offense and Defence can manage every enemy team, it's the tanks and supports who do the most countering. I.e. Enemy Bastion, you need a Roadhog, and Mercy/Lucio can depend on the map and mode. Zarya and D.Va i find to be much more flexible i suppose, maybe its just a Roadhog flaw. Whereas a good Soldier or Genji will fit into any team comp, pretty much.

• Advertisement

I'm 2 wins away from plat. Decided to pretty much main Zen. He's just so damn satisfying to play. Something about the way he fires is so satisfying :)

I'm 2 wins away from plat. Decided to pretty much main Zen. He's just so damn satisfying to play. Something about the way he fires is so satisfying smile.png

I was in a similar position, maybe 3/4 games away from plat. played 5 games this morning lost, lost 4 won 1.

Every single game we had 2/3 players who were unranked and had no stats from any season. Lots of sombras...mcrees with no aim...phara's who spent most of their time walking around. Absolute nightmare, worst continued experience I've had this season.

easter holidays....avoid OW

Sight808 wrote: »
    I was in a similar position, maybe 3/4 games away from plat. played 5 games this morning lost, lost 4 won 1.

Every single game we had 2/3 players who were unranked and had no stats from any season. Lots of sombras...mcrees with no aim...phara's who spent most of their time walking around. Absolute nightmare, worst continued experience I've had this season.

I'd four games yesterday with unranked guys on my team as well.

Not the time you'd be expecting unranked guys around.

RIP. My annoyance now that I get closer to plat is other plat players trying to boost their silver friends. 600-700sr difference is a big deal.

I'd four games yesterday with unranked guys on my team as well.

Not the time you'd be expecting unranked guys around.
    RIP. My annoyance now that I get closer to plat is other plat players trying to boost their silver friends. 600-700sr difference is a big deal.

Ah lads..c'mere.. what's going on today. Almost wish I was in work. Played 12 games and only won 3, with a 5 loss streak in there too. Every team I'm on seems to rage almost instantly, seems to happen on enemy teams also. last game enemy team had 2 players leave. I got told "go f**k yourself" when I requested that maybe a healer would be better than having both a torb and bastion. I'm going to give this game a break for a while...

should have stopped playing this morning :mad:

I did it! I can finally relax now I'm no longer a gold.

hqdefault.jpg

Ah lads..c'mere.. what's going on today. Almost wish I was in work. Played 12 games and only won 3, with a 5 loss streak in there too. Every team I'm on seems to rage almost instantly, seems to happen on enemy teams also. last game enemy team had 2 players leave. I got told "go f**k yourself" when I requested that maybe a healer would be better than having both a torb and bastion. I'm going to give this game a break for a while...

should have stopped playing this morning :mad:

Offer to go healer if they take a better role?

Offer to go healer if they take a better role?

I always player healer but in one game last night we were getting hammered on KOTH and i sacrificed our second healer for a Winston.

The enemy team had a Tracer, Pharah, Zen, Mercy, Solider and Roadhog. I just kept diving on them as soon as they ran in the door. They never even considered switching to Reaper to counter me in the first round so i murdered them over and over and won the round.

They switched to a Reaper in round 2 so i went back to Zen. Won that round as well.

Third round the reaper switched back to Tracer so i went Winston again. Continued to annoy and push their team back.

It was really​ fun playing Winston.

Winston's good fun, I'd play him more but I find his ultimate is underwhelming.

• Advertisement

Winston's good fun, I'd play him more but I find his ultimate is underwhelming.

It's good for knocking people off a point/payload. That's what i use it for. Or knocking the healer away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement