Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

In fairness, there's not much point in suggesting others change if you're not willing to change yourself. Like those players that aggressively select/deselect characters then go off and chose who they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I've been queuing with two guys this season who make a big effort to invite everyone on their team to a party every single game. It's been a revelation and my win ratio is so much better than when i was solo.

It helps that the two i'm with are good (and play flex) but I've learned loads about getting people organised, shot calling, positioning etc just from being in a party.

Probably also not a bad thing that as a trio we main 1 support, 1 DPS and 1 tank so we can exert a fair bit of positive influence over most comps.

It feels like the inevitable loss streak and crash is coming, but for once i'm really enjoying Comp and hitting good SR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Was playing a comp match last weekend. A team of 5 plus me solo q against a team of a 5 and another solo guy.

Anyway they roll us on defense in record time. My team obviously rage and leave so I'm 1v6... What to do in this situation I just ran out and spammed voice lines and emotes.
    Other team did the same was fun, until the solo guy on their team killed me with reaper and started tbaging me.

Oh well I thought bound to happen, but to my shock I get a psn MSG from one of the 5 stack saying that was bad form so they had decided to stay in spawn and if I could move the payload against the other guy they wouldn't stop me getting the draw.

I was amazed best experience in ow so far and the chery on top at end was the 5 of them voted for me as well.

Just thought I'd share a positive ow story for once.

Edit: stupid auto correct

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

jcd5971 wrote:
    Oh well I thought bound to happen, but to my shock I get a psn MSG from one of the 5 stack saying that was bad form so they had decided to stay in spawn and if I could move the payload against the other guy they wouldn't stop me getting the draw.

Amazing. What character did you go with for the 1v1?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

A Neurotic wrote: »

Hanzo naturally

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    In fairness, there's not much point in suggesting others change if you're not willing to change yourself. Like those players that aggressively select/deselect characters then go off and chose who they want.

This is my new fave thing to do, baring in mind I'm not a good noble person.

A few jerks are constantly flashing their characters on/off to be annoying (as opposed to trying to hint someone else should pick them) well when they flash off a character I don't like (see: Want them to pick for my own selfish experiences as they pertain to my experience with the game) I pick that character and sit back with a big stupid grin on my face for the next 90 seconds while they clearly lose their s**t at not being able to pick Genji.

Then once they are like 3 seconds out of the spawn I change back to Tank/Support

That or I take a screen shot of their Career Profile screen, send it to them, and say "If you love Rhein so desperately, learn to play him". Oft times they will respond with some vitriolic s**t and about THAT time my will to assist said d**kheads in winning a game takes a marked downturn. Given I'm usually the 2nd Tank or Only Support, me not being bothered can have quiet a detrimental affect to their win rate.

Having been playing a bit previously in Upper-Gold / Low-Plat, I have to say you start to see a marked difference in overall player intellegence when it comes to Team compositions in lower Gold (where I am currently).

I'd take screen shot of the ole Hanzo/Genji/Ana/Junkrat/D.Va/Symettra compositions to share them with my friends for the LOLZ if it wasn't so tragic -_-

Thank f**k I am not playing this on PC. If I was used to PC shooters overall, I might have made the change before, but it seems particularly more vocal/typed out on PC. Most of the time on Console it's eerily quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Seven games played today with four wins and three losses.

I'm up a grand total of one point from where I started​ the day.

Between today and yesterday I've played 17 games. I've won nine and lost eight. Even though I've won more than I've lost I'm down 21 points.

My record is LWLWWLLLWWWWLLWLW. Started yesterday at 2702 and finished today at 2681.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

A Neurotic wrote:

Mei purely for the voicelines.
    SORRY SORry sorry sorry..

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Seven games played today with four wins and three losses.

I'm up a grand total of one point from where I started​ the day.

Between today and yesterday I've played 17 games. I've won nine and lost eight. Even though I've won more than I've lost I'm down 21 points.

My record is LWLWWLLLWWWWLLWLW. Started yesterday at 2702 and finished today at 2681.

Emmet is out there GRINDIN'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Console patch is live, rejoice, for Mei is usable once more.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754275509

• Advertisement

Emmet is out there GRINDIN'

I've dropped as low as 2400 this season but happy enough with 2700ish.

All season it's been pretty much WLWL and have only managed more than three wins on the bounce twice, both this weekend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

last 20 games..only won 6 of them

Sight808 wrote: »
    last 20 games..only won 6 of them

Ouch. Just outclassed in games or people throwing/trolling?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Ouch. Just outclassed in games or people throwing/trolling?

The games have been really bad last few days. I'm used to getting a lose streak of a few games but this has been really bad. Had too many games with unranked players. Also, people don't seem to get you need to stay on the point for hybrid/2 cp maps if you are defending. Seems a lot more toxic that usual too.

Sight808 wrote: »
    The games have been really bad last few days. I'm used to getting a lose streak of a few games but this has been really bad. Had too many games with unranked players. Also, people don't seem to get you need to stay on the point for hybrid/2 cp maps if you are defending. Seems a lot more toxic that usual too.

Yea I've been noticing that a bit on the Capture points. Yesterday I managed to back cap the first point on Numbai while the enemy team chased my team back down the hill.

You could see the confusion when i started moving the payload on my own :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Over-extending is such a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

J. Marston wrote: »

What's not to enjoy about watching your Rein go forth into the enemy team swinging?? :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

J. Marston wrote: »

Always happens in the last 30 seconds on defence to me. Team starts getting cocky and I'm left going GROUP UP GROUP UP GRO- never mind Genji/Sombra/Tracer has killed me and is gaining valuable capture % -_-

I like the way the new system has less draws. There's a real tension now to the end of games. The only change I'd make could maybe be a baseline percentage that needs to be reached like 15% or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

This is my new fave thing to do, baring in mind I'm not a good noble person.

A few jerks are constantly flashing their characters on/off to be annoying (as opposed to trying to hint someone else should pick them) well when they flash off a character I don't like (see: Want them to pick for my own selfish experiences as they pertain to my experience with the game) I pick that character and sit back with a big stupid grin on my face for the next 90 seconds while they clearly lose their s**t at not being able to pick Genji.

Then once they are like 3 seconds out of the spawn I change back to Tank/Support

That or I take a screen shot of their Career Profile screen, send it to them, and say "If you love Rhein so desperately, learn to play him". Oft times they will respond with some vitriolic s**t and about THAT time my will to assist said d**kheads in winning a game takes a marked downturn. Given I'm usually the 2nd Tank or Only Support, me not being bothered can have quiet a detrimental affect to their win rate.

Having been playing a bit previously in Upper-Gold / Low-Plat, I have to say you start to see a marked difference in overall player intellegence when it comes to Team compositions in lower Gold (where I am currently).

I'd take screen shot of the ole Hanzo/Genji/Ana/Junkrat/D.Va/Symettra compositions to share them with my friends for the LOLZ if it wasn't so tragic -_-

Thank f**k I am not playing this on PC. If I was used to PC shooters overall, I might have made the change before, but it seems particularly more vocal/typed out on PC. Most of the time on Console it's eerily quiet

This is here is the main reason I'm not bothering with comp in this game. I'm a terrible PvP player so why make other people suffer. I'm quite happy to log on get a few quick games on Mercy/Soldier and maybe pick up a loot box.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Always happens in the last 30 seconds on defence to me. Team starts getting cocky and I'm left going GROUP UP GROUP UP GRO- never mind Genji/Sombra/Tracer has killed me and is gaining valuable capture % -_-

I like the way the new system has less draws. There's a real tension now to the end of games. The only change I'd make could maybe be a baseline percentage that needs to be reached like 15% or something.

It's been changed to 33% in the next patch.

• Advertisement

This is here is the main reason I'm not bothering with comp in this game. I'm a terrible PvP player so why make other people suffer. I'm quite happy to log on get a few quick games on Mercy/Soldier and maybe pick up a loot box.

To be fair, most of the problem I mentioned doesn't exist if you're playing with a group. And there are TONNES of heroes there that can make effective changes if you're bad at PvP imho. Heroes like Winston, Reaper, Zenyatta etc are all fairly handy to pick, put and an hour into QP with them and you're good to go. I mean you won't be doing any carries anytime soon, but as long as you co-ordinate with your team and pay attention to whats going down, it goes swimmingly more often than not.

To be fair, most of the problem I mentioned doesn't exist if you're playing with a group. And there are TONNES of heroes there that can make effective changes if you're bad at PvP imho. Heroes like Winston, Reaper, Zenyatta etc are all fairly handy to pick, put and an hour into QP with them and you're good to go. I mean you won't be doing any carries anytime soon, but as long as you co-ordinate with your team and pay attention to whats going down, it goes swimmingly more often than not.

I'd argue to get good with Zen you'd need a hell of a lot more time than an hour.

Position and calling out your discord are vital for him. Harmony on Pharah/Or Dive Comp for best effect.

It's also very easy to be killed as Zen seen as you've a huge hotbox and are very slow. It's very easy to get frustrated playing him.

Solider, Reaper, Junkrat, Rein, Mercy/Lucio are probably the easiest to pick up and play.

I'd argue to get good with Zen you'd need a hell of a lot more time than an hour.

Position and calling out your discord are vital for him. Harmony on Pharah/Or Dive Comp for best effect.

It's also very easy to be killed as Zen seen as you've a huge hotbox and are very slow. It's very easy to get frustrated playing him.

Solider, Reaper, Junkrat, Rein, Mercy/Lucio are probably the easiest to pick up and play.

Era, Good/Great/God-Tier/Got-the-Hang-Of can vary wildly by player.
    In the end of the day, most of Zens kit is "Look at thingy and press a button" so he's fairly straight forward mechanically. Strategically you can do more with him, especially his Ult. But he's a bit easier to pick up and feel you're making effective change than some others.
    Harmony on Pharah/Winston is a great help though I agree

I generally don't like playing with Junkrats in my team, it's something I've addressed many times, I don't expect to change the minds of a lot of posters here on it, but I find him oft times ineffective and enemy teams wise to how to avoid/minimise him.

Lucio, post patch is easy to pick up, but now he's harder to actually be effective with.
    Before you just hung around, now you need to be sharper on following your team.
    Not that I see much people picking him up in solo-Queue, hard to fit him into the Genji/Hanzo/McCree/Widowmaker/Roadhog/Symettra comps -_-

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

What's not to enjoy about watching your Rein go forth into the enemy team swinging?? :o:o
    I don't mind if he's swinging as he's at least close by; it's the 100m Charge into the full enemy team solo yolo run that annoys me to no end...

Gaaahh Roadhog is so broken since the last patch. Trying to hook anyone above or below you (particularly above) pulls them in all wonky.

Should have left him as he was in the last iteration, hopefully this is a bug rather than a feature.

Gaaahh Roadhog is so broken since the last patch. Trying to hook anyone above or below you (particularly above) pulls them in all wonky.

Should have left him as he was in the last iteration, hopefully this is a bug rather than a feature.

I think it now pulls the target to ground level and then towards you. Hook breaks off then if something goes between you once on ground level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Knuda

Does anybody know who is the best Irish player on PC I looked at the lads who competed in the world cup and all are below me in SR bar one (regretting not playing competitive back then now :/)?

Just wanted to see how I fare. For the curious, I'm around 3850sr,DPS main and the best guy I've found so far is pretty damn good, 4.2k sr peak, 3.9k right now support main.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Someone on Reddit's work...

C9zEOLvXYAAayW2.jpg

Don't need the hero names or icons but if they changed colour from grey to orange when within rezzing distance, it would be a very welcome change.

God that would be f**king awesome. Resurecting a lone DPS hero is often a wasted super, but knowing you're resing a lone Rhein/Zarya/Winston (especially if you can see their ult is charged) would be a BIG help as Mercy

• Advertisement

I think it now pulls the target to ground level and then towards you. Hook breaks off then if something goes between you once on ground level.

They're not ending up in front of me though, that's the issue. They're getting pulled towards me and bounced over my head or below me by about 45 degrees.

There's a few threads on the reddit, but to be honest i experienced far more egregious examples myself last night on Anubis. Should have recorded.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement