Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I hate, hate, hate Ilios. I never win on that map.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J. Marston wrote: »
    I hate, hate, hate Ilios. I never win on that map.

I love it... Got four or five boops off the side on the map with the point out to the side tonight :pac:

I think the SR is starting to balance out now again. Played 17 games over the past few days and I've won one more than I've lost and I'm up 24 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

second for Ilios and koth maps in general.

Had a really satisfying game on on Lijang earlier, widow and genji insta lock, but we get 2 healers so I go hog while last person picks Orisa. Bully the other team for 2 rounds then we lose our Orisa, DC, feck. Enemy team win round 3. Round 4, we completely roll the enemy team, kinda felt bad. So many environmental kills on the Garden round. Nice to win 5v6 though, only had 2 games where it's happened.

Sight808 wrote: »
    second for Ilios and koth maps in general.

Had a really satisfying game on on Lijang earlier, widow and genji insta lock, but we get 2 healers so I go hog while last person picks Orisa. Bully the other team for 2 rounds then we lose our Orisa, DC, feck. Enemy team win round 3. Round 4, we completely roll the enemy team, kinda felt bad. So many environmental kills on the Garden round. Nice to win 5v6 though, only had 2 games where it's happened.

Oasis is my least favourite map. The design is good I just don't like the map itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Hate how they have restricted the D. Va cop skin to Heroes of the Storm. Not a fan of that carry on.

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »
    Hate how they have restricted the D. Va cop skin to Heroes of the Storm. Not a fan of that carry on.

It'll be available in loot boxes later, along with the Genji Oni skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Meh, it's just a little carrot to get people to try out the game.

I just played 5 games of HotS for the Genji stuff. Seems like a fairly crap, clunky game.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It'll be available in loot boxes later, along with the Genji Oni skin.

Are you sure, they never did this for the Blizzcon items.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Meh, it's just a little carrot to get people to try out the game.

I just played 5 games of HotS for the Genji stuff. Seems like a fairly crap, clunky game.

Yeah I know, it's nothing important but it still irks me.

Edit: Even more so for them to do it on a console game when Heroes isn't even on consoles. But if emmetkenny is correct, then it's a mute point.

Are you sure, they never did this for the Blizzcon items.

I'm positive.

Jeff Kaplan confirmed it himself.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754446494#post-9

• Advertisement

I'm positive.

Jeff Kaplan confirmed it himself.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754446494#post-9

Ah sweet, I retract my complaints so ha

Ah sweet, I retract my complaints so ha

I wanted the D.Va one so I went looking last week and spotted that post :D

I wanted the D.Va one so I went looking last week and spotted that post :D

Ha, it's one of her better skins alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Very happy with today's playing, been S76 all morning, with some poor Genji performances scattered.

Reached my Kill Streak Record too, 16, also got 11 as S76 and 10 as Torb so today seems like a good day.

And successfully defended Hanamura with a team consisting of Junkrat, Widow, Hanzo, Torb, McCree and S76, I've no idea how we did it. Other team had Rein, D.Va, Pharah, Soldier and Lucio/Zen for most of the game, I'd say they're sickened.

Are kill streak stats bugged for anyone else on console? For every one of my characters, Eliminations - Most in Game is the same as Kill Streak - Best, which definitely isn't true. Its a little disappointing, I'd like to know my highest Ana and Rein streaks.

Got passive aggressive as fúck in a match earlier.

Was Mercy with Rein, Winston, D.Va, Tracer and Genji. Getting nowhere and I wasn't able to keep 3 tanks and 2 flankers up by myself so when spamming "I need healing" didn't work I changed to Widow and sat outside spawn for 30 seconds. After some abuse by the two people on mic, the Winston changed to Lucio and I changed back to Mercy and we won in the end.

Not nice but it worked!

I like how Widow is the go-to "I don't care anymore" character.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I like how Widow is the go-to "I don't care anymore" character.

Or Torb. Protest chars ftw.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Or Torb. Protest chars ftw.
    Or Hanzo for 99% of the playing population :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I randomly got paired with 5 guys from the Irish Fighting Games community last night in QP.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

J. Marston wrote: »
    Got passive aggressive as fúck in a match earlier.

Was Mercy with Rein, Winston, D.Va, Tracer and Genji. Getting nowhere and I wasn't able to keep 3 tanks and 2 flankers up by myself so when spamming "I need healing" didn't work I changed to Widow and sat outside spawn for 30 seconds. After some abuse by the two people on mic, the Winston changed to Lucio and I changed back to Mercy and we won in the end.

Not nice but it worked!

Not to be "that guy", but is Mercy meant to be asking for healing? Like anytime I play her, I very rarely go in hoping we have a Lucio or back up healer. Maybe I am genuinely not understanding the situation here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Not to be "that guy", but is Mercy meant to be asking for healing? Like anytime I play her, I very rarely go in hoping we have a Lucio or back up healer. Maybe I am genuinely not understanding the situation here.

He was saying need healing as a second healer, very rare not to have 2 healers unless you are a boss team with a top notch anna/zen

He was saying need healing as a second healer, very rare not to have 2 healers unless you are a boss team with a top notch anna/zen

Really? I normally play the sole hero in comp, normally as Mercy or Lucio.

Hell I've played the only healer as S76.

I really wish I could climb to 2400 or so, I've a mate at 2700, says its a black and white difference in team comps to come down to 2400 playing with me.

A solo healer healer as mercy or ana with 3 tanks is viable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I love playing solo Mercy at the moment. The exhilaration of dodging bullets bombs and ults to keep my team alive makes me feel alive. I will admit I'm developing a tendency to let them all die now and then just so I can swop in with a big rez. Its less of a gamble now you get that few seconds of invulnerability now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Provided they're not goddamn idiots!

madcabbage wrote: »
    Provided they're not goddamn idiots!

And the enemies don't focus you as the healer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Reaper having full ammo after Wraith Form on the PTR would be a big help. I play him quiet a bit and often Wraith away instead of reloading if I'm 50/50 about winning an engagment

If one or two of the tanks is Roadhog and/or Zarya, sure. They self-heal so they can be left to their own devices, mostly.

I had to heal the three tanks who don't self-heal and the zippy flankers. Not a winning combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Reaper having full ammo after Wraith Form on the PTR would be a big help. I play him quiet a bit and often Wraith away instead of reloading if I'm 50/50 about winning an engagment

Bringing back his speed boost while in wraith form would be better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Never see two healers, really rare. 4 DPS seems to be what people are into. 75% of my games go like this, I select Hog/Zarya. Soldier, Junkrat/Hanzo, Zen/mercy, Phara and Genji. Welcome to high gold.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement