Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've played some Zen on occasion if our Tanks/DPS don't have much self sustain (lack of soldier, reaper, mei, zarya, roadhog) especially coupled with Symetta as the 2nd support. but he's more like a 0.5 healer

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I've played some Zen on occasion if our Tanks/DPS don't have much self sustain (lack of soldier, reaper, mei, zarya, roadhog) especially coupled with Symetta as the 2nd support. but he's more like a 0.5 healer

I fear a zen as hog if there's a distance between us. Get completely rolled.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Reaper having full ammo after Wraith Form on the PTR would be a big help. I play him quiet a bit and often Wraith away instead of reloading if I'm 50/50 about winning an engagment

The best buff for Reaper would be to muffle the sound of his footsteps. He sounds like an Elephant sneaking up on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Reaper having full ammo after Wraith Form on the PTR would be a big help. I play him quiet a bit and often Wraith away instead of reloading if I'm 50/50 about winning an engagment

PTR update!

https://youtu.be/gFLNJ6tlMWA

Wraith form now reloads. Are you a wizard?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

fixxxer wrote: »

PTR update!

If he is, he came from the moon!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

PTR update!

they announced it yday

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The best buff for Reaper would be to muffle the sound of his footsteps. He sounds like an Elephant sneaking up on you.

*Teleports* Cue people on different maps looking at me

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Lots of leaks at the moment about new heroes and new event alot of it has been deleted or taken down but this is still up. Make of it what you will.

http://www.dbltap.com/posts/4953780-blizzard-leak-hints-two-new-heroes-and-overwatch-birthday-event

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

An event for the anniversary was always likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Switch off Junkrat. Get off Junkrat, for fúck sake."

Nope.

"Could you switch to Reinhardt, please?"

Okay.

Someone needs to teach these pups you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I ended up having two draws in a row between last night and tonight, really weird to happen twice after only 4 draws ever before that.

Had a fantastic game on Gibraltar too, got to the third point on attack with a team kill in overtime. Had a Hanzo who was cleaning up, whenever I checked the scoreboard he was on fire.

We were getting rolled on defense then, they made it to the bend before the last point with 4:30 left, we had 5 down, and Hanzo (now McCree) pulls out a quad kill, me and the other guy on mic were nearly squealing with happiness.

Talk about saving our hides, we ended up winning that.

Had two QP games that were pretty funny (to me) too, first game was defense on Volkskaya, and we had them spawn blocked, literally all six of them quit, then another two or three, so the new team rolled out and ended up beating us.

Similar on Numbani attack, absolutely rolled the first point, and 5 of them quit at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

k23L45c.gif

dudeeile wrote: »
    k23L45c.gif

Brilliant :D

I'm warming to Orisa, even if not quite mastering her yet. Without a Reinhartd to pair with she feels vulnerable. Being able to lob shields over distance to protect team mates in trouble is handy though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,288 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I've been playing her a lot, I find she works best sitting back with the support characters as her health is pretty low for a tank. Seems very versatile though, have had good games with her on attack and defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Brilliant :D

I'm warming to Orisa, even if not quite mastering her yet. Without a Reinhartd to pair with she feels vulnerable. Being able to lob shields over distance to protect team mates in trouble is handy though.

She's a beast in 3v3 I find; cancelling Rein charges or Roadhog hooks is a game-changer. I've been trying to get better at timing Halt for environmental kills on a few maps, but still not there yet. It's best craic on the Ilios well map, naturally enough.

I had a really tough time yesterday against an Orisa on King's Row defence, she constantly had her barrier up beside the statue, between the choke and the point, and we couldn't get through at all. She kept yanking me back to the choke to finish the kill whenver I tried to retreat for healing.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah I've been playing her a lot, I find she works best sitting back with the support characters as her health is pretty low for a tank. Seems very versatile though, have had good games with her on attack and defense.

Use your Fortify ability while you still have Armour, you can tank quite a bit of damage.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,288 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Use your Fortify ability while you still have Armour, you can tank quite a bit of damage.

Didn't realise that, best use I've found for it so far is countering Mei's attempts at freezing me.

Played for the first time in a while last night. First map was Gibraltar, won it 9-6, had some terrible defences..leavers..rejoiners, epic ult combos, rez's, extended 2 point overtimes. I was so tired after it actually had to turn if off and go to bed.

• Advertisement

awdky1.jpg

Finally hit plat! Started at 1878 after placements. It's taken 287 games to get here.

Sight808 wrote: »
    awdky1.jpg

Finally hit plat! Started at 1878 after placements. It's taken 287 games to get here.

That's a great climb. Well done.

Sight808 wrote: »
    awdky1.jpg

Did you do that solo queuing?

That's a great climb. Well done.

Thanks dude
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did you do that solo queuing?

Yea, almost exclusively. Had 11 duo stack games out of 300.

I must make that final push for a golden gun before the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

many of you playing this on pc?

Good games last night lads. Most fun I've had in Overwatch in a long while.

season ends on the 29th new season starts the first

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

season ends on the 29th new season starts the first

Where did you see the start date?

I only saw the post about the season ending on the 29th and a note saying there would be a shorter offseason than normal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone playing this on Xbox One, give me a pm please to arrange games. No kids please :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement