Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

fixxxer wrote: »
    Good games last night lads. Most fun I've had in Overwatch in a long while.

It's always better when ya winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Think I'm gonna main Junkrat in season 5. He's so much fun.

Meta be damned.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J. Marston wrote: »
    Think I'm gonna main Junkrat in season 5. He's so much fun.

Meta be damned.

He's a lot more fun to play now that his own explosions​ don't damage him, he was a bit frustrating before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Had a Competitive game for the first time in weeks, there. Picked Junkrat on attack (Temple Of Anubus). Some kid nearly had an aneurism crying over the mic and punching me for a solid minute during set-up. He had a pretty bad game. I did not.

Punching in spawn is so common when people don't like picks, what do they think it's going to achieve?

My answer to it is pick someone they'll want, they'll usually respond with "Thanks" then change back with 10 seconds left. Annoying I'm sure but don't be punching me because of your meta bullshít.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    Had a Competitive game for the first time in weeks, there. Picked Junkrat on attack (Temple Of Anubus). Some kid nearly had an aneurism crying over the mic and punching me for a solid minute during set-up. He had a pretty bad game. I did not.

In fairness Temple of Anubis is one of the hardest attack points in the game. Plus Junkrat is just not a great pick on attack in 99% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    In fairness Temple of Anubis is one of the hardest attack points in the game. Plus Junkrat is just not a great pick on attack in 99% of the time.

GIT GUD SKRUB

Well maybe they should wait and see how it plays out before throwing their toys out of the pram. There's already enough whinging in the game once it kicks off.

Well maybe they should wait and see how it plays out before throwing their toys out of the pram. There's already enough whinging in the game once it kicks off.

I'd tend to agree but on an extremely hard to attack map, where you will need to fire up on enemies as Junkrat it's made that bit harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I'd tend to agree but on an extremely hard to attack map, where you will need to fire up on enemies as Junkrat it's made that bit harder.

taking down the rein shield with junk on that point is super easy tbh mapo only gets hard if you cant roll point two

• Advertisement

taking down the rein shield with junk on that point is super easy tbh mapo only gets hard if you cant roll point two

With Junkrat if they stand on the high ground?

If they have a half way decent DPS/Bastion you'll be dead by the time you get half the enemy shield down.

Pharah is a better pick to attack point A on TOA. Rather than burn the Rein barrier you just boop him off the high ground.

Birthday event announced for next Tuesday.

Birthday event announced for next Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/864903375086796800

Chills watching that video

My point is more about etiquette, rather than what the general better choice is though, so I don't really want to excuse the kid's high pitched moaning and meleeing and general negative vibes.

On a side note, if you get Junkrat into the left arch straight away behind a Rein, he causes havoc on the people on the raised ground.

On a side note, if you get Junkrat into the left arch straight away behind a Rein, he causes havoc on the people on the raised ground.

A good set up will usually protect from a flank on that side as its by far the most common push to break that choke.

I've seen plenty of Symetras set up down there with a Tank/DPS and stop push after push into the small room.

Sometimes you just have to break the cycle of the numbers game.

giphy.gif

Probably the best thing I've ever done in Overwatch. Solo team kill in overtime to capture the point at 99-99 and win the game with no ultimate and all my teammates dead.

And I still didn't get POTG. Someone explain that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

2 double kills to much time apart

Probably the best thing I've ever done in Overwatch. Solo team kill in overtime to capture the point at 99-99 and win the game with no ultimate and all my teammates dead.

Nice play but it wasn't a solo team kill. Your Mercy killed their Junkrat just before the Res and you don't get full kill credit for the last three kills (someone else must have been shooting them as well).

Also why the hell did the Rein and Zarya ignore you coming in the back door? The Rein completely turns his back on you at one stage :pac:

It pains me to admit it....but FG have a person who appears to be of good leadership material (fcuk if he was in waterford iD vote for him) in him and would be idiotic to even contemplate upsetting idiots at home and abroad by not electing him leader

emmetkenny wrote:
    Also why the hell did the Rein and Zarya ignore you coming in the back door? The Rein completely turns his back on you at one stage

No one respects Junkrat. But we'll change that, oh yes

• Advertisement

Nice play but it wasn't a solo team kill. Your Mercy killed their Junkrat just before the Res and you don't get full kill credit for the last three kills (someone else must have been shooting them as well).

Also why the hell did the Rein and Zarya ignore you coming in the back door? The Rein completely turns his back on you at one stage :pac:

Kill feed says I killed Mercy, Lucio, (100 fire each) Genji (75), Rein (31, someone did most of the work there), Zarya (91) and I killed Junkrat (58) at the end as he was getting on the point.

Don't ruin this for me!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,288 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Emmett just can't abide by a Junkrat doing well :pac:

Kill feed says I killed Mercy, Lucio, (100 fire each) Genji (75), Rein (31, someone did most of the work there), Zarya (91) and I killed Junkrat (58) at the end as he was getting on the point.

Don't ruin this for me!

Did their Mercy solo Res their Junkrat then?

Because the killfeed at the start shows your Mercy killing their Junkrat?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Emmett just can't abide by a Junkrat doing well :pac:

I love playing Junkrat... Character I started with in Overwatch :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Don't ruin this for me!

Don't mind him. He's only jelly.

giphy.gif?response_id=591da5d91e0d03ef8806d3d6

Sympathy. The POTG disappoints me usually. I thought this was worthy https://youtu.be/xRlDCHBvI44

But a Soldier 76 autoaim ultimate got it instead :-/

Sympathy. The POTG disappoints me usually. I thought this was worthy https://youtu.be/xRlDCHBvI44

But a Soldier 76 autoaim ultimate got it instead :-/

Boooooooo were all sick of Mercy POTG :pac:

Boooooooo were all sick of Mercy POTG :pac:

Except when I'm the Mercy

Except when I'm the Mercy

I don't play Mercy that often but been playing her a bit on defense lately and I find her a bit boring to play compared to Lucio.

I found making a few changes to her controls made a big difference though. I've Toggle Beam On so I don't have to hold the triggers down and I changed the setting that allows you pick who you fly to.

• Advertisement

I don't play Mercy that often but been playing her a bit on defense lately and if I find her a bit boring to play compared to Lucio.

I found making a few changes to her controls made a big difference though. I've Toggle Beam On so I don't have to hold the triggers down and I changed the setting that allows you pick who you fly to.

The key to Mercy is knowing when to hide like a coward so your team is killed and you can swoop in with the HUGE REZ and look like a hero :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement