Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,288 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

fixxxer wrote: »
    The key to Mercy is knowing when to hide like a coward so your team is killed and you can swoop in with the HUGE REZ and look like a hero :D

This is the issue I have when I play her, i'm always dead when the res would be useful because I was too busy trying to prevent them dying in the first place :(

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Mickeroo wrote: »
    This is the issue I have when I play her, i'm always dead when the res would be useful because I was too busy trying to prevent them dying in the first place :(

Hah, I struggle with this too dude.

I hit my career high playing Mercy only and the higher i went the more often people were telling me i should have been hiding. I know that's how it works and it can really swing the game but I WANT TO BE INVOLVED IN THE FIGHT!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The key to Mercy is knowing when to hide like a coward so your team is killed and you can swoop in with the HUGE REZ and look like a hero :D

Three has been the most I've Res'd.

If we loose two and the enemy is pushing hard and we get a pick I'll Res our guys to get 6v5 and win the fight. I find the Ult charges quite quick so no point holding onto it for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Mickeroo wrote: »

Yeah that's the balancing game. Always be healing by popping in-and-out of cover anyway, but calling the right moment to leave them to die so you can tip the tide with the rez is where the real game knowledge comes in. I've done pretty well with Mercy in the past despite not really having a handle on it yet though. I think it's the big difference between a good Mercy and a great Mercy.

I had one game where their Mercy must have gotten 10+ full or near-full team rezzes. She carried them entirely, because it was an extremely close fight right until the end. I even changed heroes a few times and decided to just focus on her but I just could not find her most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

emmetkenny wrote:
    Three has been the most I've Res'd.

emmetkenny wrote:
    If we loose two and the enemy is pushing hard and we get a pick I'll Res our guys to get 6v5 and win the fight. I find the Ult charges quite quick so no point holding onto it for ages.

Two depends on who has Ults I think. If the fight is lost I'll let them go but if I can bring them back with an Ult after the other team has used theirs then it makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Two depends on who has Ults I think. If the fight is lost I'll let them go but if I can bring them back with an Ult after the other team has used theirs then it makes a difference.

I'd often rez two tanks if they're decent, I'd take two tanks over three DPS in a lot of cases

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

J. Marston wrote: »

That Zenyatta one looks the ****! :)

So much vitriol towards Junkrat.

Had a game where I had silver elims and silver obj elims and we're pushing the payload. I think that's contributing.

"Junkrat, just switch to Pharah!"

"I'm not good with Pharah."

"So?"

giphy.gif

"Junkrat, just switch to Pharah!" - Hanzo

FYP.

I love playing Junkrat, I'm decent on a good game, can pull Gold Elims/Objective Elims with Bronze, or even no medal for DMG which is generally a good sign that you're doing well. Nowhere near consistent enough to play Comp with him though, I'm an absolute liability if I'm not playing well.

• Advertisement

I don't know what's going on this weekend. Attack Torbs, attack Junkrat attack Bastion, I'm the only healer and five other guys spamming we need healing in the spawn, medaling for damage with Zen.

I've dropped from 2650 to 2290. No one wants to group up, no one wants to play second healer, one tank in most games, someone leaving every second game because we loose the first round/point.

Had one game where our Solider kept running to their spawn door and getting killed every single time.

Easily my most frustrating day of Overwatch.

Welcome to gold

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

emmetkenny wrote: »
    attack Junkrat

Hey, you called?

People are sleeping on attack Junkrat, seriously. He causes so much chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

People are sleeping on attack Junkrat, seriously. He causes so much chaos.

A good Junkrat player is a pain in the ass. Some lesser skilled players just sit back and spam nades randomly.

A good Junkrat player.

There's not to many of them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

There's not to many of them around.

I've played against a gold portraited char who ONLY played Junk, had like 200+ hours at him and was barely in gold in comp.

I've played against a gold portraited char who ONLY played Junk, had like 200+ hours at him and was barely in gold in comp.

Gold portrait? As in Level 1000+? In over 200 hours? It must have been quite a bit more than 200 hours in fairness to get a Gold Portrait?

I'm close to 200 hours Competitive time (not sure of the exact figure) and I'm only at level 210.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Gold portrait? As in Level 1000+? In over 200 hours? It must have been quite a bit more than 200 hours in fairness to get a Gold Portrait?

I'm close to 200 hours Competitive time (not sure of the exact figure) and I'm only at level 210.

200 on junkrat id imagine

200 on junkrat id imagine

He said only played Junkrat. I took that to mean he's a Junkrat one trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hate people who have only played one or two heroes. Rather than getting to level 25 I think you should have to have to spent a certain amount of time with like one character from each class or something before getting to play in ranked.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Hate people who have only played one or two heroes. Rather than getting to level 25 I think you should have to have to spent a certain amount of time with like one character from each class or something before getting to play in ranked.

It's worth spending time with them all. You really learn now to fight against heroes when you learn what their strengths and limitations are, first hand.

I had a stint with Zarya and while I don't play as her at all, that little time helped me take her on.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Final Stats for Season 4 as I'm unlikely to play again before the season end.

As I've said before, I've decided to main in a role rather than a selection of characters.

Mainly Tanks with a focus on Hog, Zarya, Rein and to a lesser extent Dva Winston..then as a last resort Phara or Soldier

Played 289 games W = 151 D = 13 L = 125

All Solo Q apart from 11 Duo stack games

Placed 1878 - Finished 2606

Win%

Hog = 56%
    Rein = 53%
    Zarya = 54%

Win % are down a lot since over a month ago, that week or two over easter just fecked me completely, went on a terrible run.

How did everyone else get on?

Sight808 wrote: »
    Final Stats for Season 4 as I'm unlikely to play again before the season end.

As I've said before, I've decided to main in a role rather than a selection of characters.

Mainly Tanks with a focus on Hog, Zarya, Rein and to a lesser extent Dva Winston..then as a last resort Phara or Soldier

Played 289 games W = 151 D = 13 L = 125

All Solo Q apart from 11 Duo stack games

Placed 1878 - Finished 2606

Win%

Hog = 56%
    Rein = 53%
    Zarya = 54%

Win % are down a lot since over a month ago, that week or two over easter just fecked me completely, went on a terrible run.

How did everyone else get on?

I've a 51% win rate (was 56% for a good while) I'm down from 2750 to 2400. Mainly played support with a few games as DVa.

Had no streaks really until about 2 weeks ago.

Since the 25 April I've played 64 games. I've only won 26 of those so my win rate has really fallen.

Started off around 3050, rose to 3588 by exclusively playing Mercy (She's the biggest, most boring one trick in the game, never playing her again despite being quite good with her).

Fell to a low of 2800-ish a couple of weeks ago. Got back to 3000, feel another 100 or so and then I started my Junkrat experiment. Have gone from 2900 to 3250 by playing him exclusively over the last week.

[QUOTE=emmetkenny;103577829
    Since the 25 April I've played 64 games. I've only won 26 of those so my win rate has really fallen.[/QUOTE]

Hard run
    Started off around 3050, rose to 3588 by exclusively playing Mercy (She's the biggest, most boring one trick in the game, never playing her again despite being quite good with her).

Fell to a low of 2800-ish a couple of weeks ago. Got back to 3000, feel another 100 or so and then I started my Junkrat experiment. Have gone from 2900 to 3250 by playing him exclusively over the last week.

Your season has been bonkers, your updates swing between amazing plays and SR climbing to utter devestation and deranking!

That's some climb for a week btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Which site gives you season-specific stats? Can't seem to get it on overbuff.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Which site gives you season-specific stats? Can't seem to get it on overbuff.

I track my own

I track my own

^^

Although the overwatch in-game stats are ok.

• Advertisement

Sight808 wrote: »
    Your season has been bonkers, your updates swing between amazing plays and SR climbing to utter devestation and deranking!

That's some climb for a week btw.

The peaks and valleys are pretty common. Checked a guy a few days ago who had a season high of 4100 but he was 3000-ish in our game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement