Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I had a pretty similar season to you Marston - climbed about 600 and dropped again.

Let myself decay and have been solo queueing a lot and just can't get a good win rate going. Having a lot of fun in QP and Mystery Heroes so will pick comp up again next season.

Looking forward to the Anniversary even this week!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I placed at 1830 solo queue and have just been see-sawing 100sr either side of it. Just relying on the lottery of whether you end up with a team of morons or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I placed at 1830 solo queue and have just been see-sawing 100sr either side of it. Just relying on the lottery of whether you end up with a team of morons or not.

Feels like a dice roll.

Xbox one, Europe region is also a wasteland for people joining comms. Played 4 games last night and one person joined. Trying to run a dive comp in diamond with no voice coordination is a recipe for disaster.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Feels like a dice roll.

Xbox one, Europe region is also a wasteland for people joining comms. Played 4 games last night and one person joined. Trying to run a dive comp in diamond with no voice coordination is a recipe for disaster.

I'm on PC at the mo and you generally don't hear anyone talk until you're already losing and it's to tell how **** everyone on the team bar themselves is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Started to main mercy last night just to see how it runs in prep for the new season, holy ****, how little your team cares if you live is amazing, Yeah can someone actually stop them flanking??/ a flanking orissa ffs, cue genji tracer and pharrah all in there backlines not killing while me and anna get murdered

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nobody bothers with voice for quick play but definitely most do for competitive play I find, am on PC.

Speaking of the PC version ,my son is a big overwatch fan, plays as much as I do on my account on PC but he got it for xbox one recently and only really plays it when I'm using the PC, like I do he just finds it to be incredibly slow compared to PC.

I've noticed practically no difference between the two versions bar the sniper heroes being easier to use. Might be more obvious if I switched back to the console one now though I guess.

I see there's another free weekend coming this week.

I've noticed practically no difference between the two versions bar the sniper heroes being easier to use. Might be more obvious if I switched back to the console one now though I guess.

I see there's another free weekend coming this week.

how many hours on pc do you have??? you'd notice it after a while mate

how many hours on pc do you have??? you'd notice it after a while mate

Only level 37/38 yet.

Only level 37/38 yet.

ah give it time mate, you'll notice the subtle differences

• Advertisement

ah give it time mate, you'll notice the subtle differences

Yeah like I said, if I switched back to xbox now it might be more noticeable, but nothing's jumped out at me yet.

Yeah like I said, if I switched back to xbox now it might be more noticeable, but nothing's jumped out at me yet.

have you changed you individual user settings, sensitivities and what not yet?

have you changed you individual user settings, sensitivities and what not yet?

For each hero you mean? Haven't felt the need to change my sensitivity in game, have the mouse set to 500dpi for pretty much every game then just tweek the overall in game sensitivity until it feels comfortable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Started to main mercy last night just to see how it runs in prep for the new season, holy ****, how little your team cares if you live is amazing, Yeah can someone actually stop them flanking??/ a flanking orissa ffs, cue genji tracer and pharrah all in there backlines not killing while me and anna get murdered
    Wait until you start to get the salt healing requests from said genji, tracer and pharrah as well; esp. once you're dead... I even had a guy complaining "Why did I not do a ress" as he watched me die as I tried to fly in to the area I could ress 3 rather than 1 DPS on the fringe of the whole fight and died doing so while spamming the ress button...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mercy's are no angels (ha) themselves. Holding on to their rez for dear life for a 4+ and be the hero when if she rezzed Rein 5 minutes ago, they would have still had the first point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Nody wrote: »
    Wait until you start to get the salt healing requests from said genji, tracer and pharrah as well; esp. once you're dead... I even had a guy complaining "Why did I not do a ress" as he watched me die as I tried to fly in to the area I could ress 3 rather than 1 DPS on the fringe of the whole fight and died doing so while spamming the ress button...

The only dps char i want nerfed is pharrah and the only nerf i want is that she has to land a bit more oftern cos atm she can hang up there forever,

this also has nothing to do with me loving reaper i swear.

No rez for you here, Mercy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

9 game winning streak

3206 > 3540

seems like the world needs more decent Reins,
    Think i may call it an end to the season there.
    Season Low 2980, Season High 3682, I've seen it all lol

Be grand now if the update dropped now so it would be ready for when I get home from work.

• Advertisement

The few skins I've seen so far have been underwhelming to say the least.

J. Marston wrote: »

dancing emotes though!! yeah skins have been very *shrug*

So the update's out today but the new competitive season won't be for another couple of days, is that right?

I like the look of the Bionic Soldier 76 skin. Hoping everyone gets at least one new skin. My Roadhog and Junkrat could use a make over from Christmas and New Year respectively.

fixxxer wrote: »
    I like the look of the Bionic Soldier 76 skin. Hoping everyone gets at least one new skin. My Roadhog and Junkrat could use a make over from Christmas and New Year respectively.

I think that might be my most hated skin yet! His robot legs look awful. I also want a new skin for Junkrat.

New comp season starts June 1st.

I think that might be my most hated skin yet! His robot legs look awful. I also want a new skin for Junkrat.

New comp season starts June 1st.

There doesn't seems to be a theme with the new skins, which is strange. The Zarya one for example looks bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

fixxxer wrote: »
    There doesn't seems to be a theme with the new skins, which is strange. The Zarya one for example looks bizarre.

Are they not skins based on early artwork for the game? Or was that a dream.

Twitter says the update is LIVE.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Maybe someday Lucio will get a good skin. Until then it's still the gold frog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

The Bastion dance emote is awesome, I want it so bad! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement