Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Opened 3 boxes and got Genji's hideous new skin twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That probably wasn't even the worst of the night tbh. In another case we had a Rhien on point with a Bastion setting up behind him and it didn't stop the OT clock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tbh, that example we had wasn't quiet as obvious as yours, but no way me or Dude were not gonna miss a chance to pass the buck :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Funny games last night. Thought we should have won at least two we didn't.

Making our changes a round or two later than we should have mate (myself included). That being said, at least we're actually making those changes now. Before we'd just have sat our OG 6 picks and moaned

We need to get Totz to spend a few weeks in Limited 3v3 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Really want that dva tracer and phara skin..and the golden pachmarhi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Lads it's 30 in smyths and argos is that a good deal?

What's it like to be a noob in this game cause I've no intention of putting in crazy hours

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

IvoryTower wrote: »

What's it like to be a noob in this game cause I've no intention of putting in crazy hours

Well worth it. I am playing it one year later.

As a starter, mess with a few characters that suit your overall shooter style. If you are not good at shooters, choose a tank like Reinhardt or a healer like Mercy/Lucio.

Then when you play, play with the team. Don't die and then run back as an individual.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Bought 24 boosters. Wanted DVa and Pharah skins.

Got both :-D also got Zen's Ra Legendary which was probably one of the nicest ever.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What platform you on? It's down to 20 on PC now otherwise that's a very good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Finally got my Junkrat Golden gun and Running Rat Emote. There is now no reason to pick any other character ever.

• Advertisement

Im on xbox, will pick it up after work so thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Im on xbox, will pick it up after work so thanks.

The best advice is to forget everything you know about normal shooters (COD, Battlefield etc) and play as a team.

Edit: If you add me in Xbox I can do some Quick Play with you. I've two GT and usually on a few nights a week.

TitianGerm and Shotsisit

Thought this video did a good job of breaking things down Meta wise as Season 4 closes out

I gave the different rankings numerical values and then just summarised them in a table for TL:DR

Rating Score
    Gold 7
    Gold/Green 6
    Green 5
    Green/Yellow 4
    Yellow 3
    Yellow/Red 2
    Red 1

Attack Score Defense Score Tank Score Support Score
    Tracer 7 Widowmaker 4 Rheinheart 5 Ana 5
    Genji 5 Torbjorn 4 Zarya 5 Mercy 5
    Pharah 5 Hanzo 4 D.Va 5 Zenyatta 5
    Soldier 76 5 Junkrat 2 Roadhog 5 Lucio 4
    McCree 3 Mei 1 Winston 4 Symettra 3
    Sombra 3 Bastion 1 Orisa 3 - -
    Reaper 1 - - - - - -

Just some interesting Food for thought.

Have played a good bit of Zenyatta before (particularly around Season 2) so will refresh myself on him and also need to invest more time learning practicing with Tracer and learning Ana

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Thought this video did a good job of breaking things down Meta wise as Season 4 closes out

I gave the different rankings numerical values and then just summarised them in a table for TL:DR

Rating Score
    Gold 7
    Gold/Green 6
    Green 5
    Green/Yellow 4
    Yellow 3
    Yellow/Red 2
    Red 1

Reaper 1 - - - - - -

Have played a good bit of Zenyatta before (particularly around Season 2) so will refresh myself on him and also need to invest more time learning practicing with Tracer and learning Ana

Reaper still has a spot when in the right hands. How very dare you

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The best advice is to forget everything you know about normal shooters (COD, Battlefield etc) and play as a team.

Edit: If you add me in Xbox I can do some Quick Play with you. I've two GT and usually on a few nights a week.

TitianGerm and Shotsisit

thanks, im gunnerdrog

already friends with titiangerm and added shotsisit there

Rating Score
    Gold 7
    Gold/Green 6
    Green 5
    Green/Yellow 4
    Yellow 3
    Yellow/Red 2
    Red 1

Reaper 1 - - - - - -

I found swapping around the buttons for the Harmony Orb and Discord worked better.

Reaper still has a spot when in the right hands. How very dare you

Not my ratings, I'm just the messenger :P

But I agree. Obviously everything is situational and the video is worth watching

thanks, im gunnerdrog

already friends with titiangerm and added shotsisit there

See I don't know who half the people on my Friends list are :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

... I'm gonna have to buy lootboxes to get all these dance emotes, aren't I?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    ... I'm gonna have to buy lootboxes to get all these dance emotes, aren't I?:o

I may have already bought some and i'm a long way off all the skins/emotes i want. Life is indeed hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Add me for PC lads

HUGEBASHER

so overwatch on pc is dramatically better in every way epic settings at 1440p with a 144hz monitor makes me wanna jiz.....

giphy.gif

so overwatch on pc is dramatically better in every way epic settings at 1440p with a 144hz monitor makes me wanna jiz.....

giphy.gif

Most people turn the settings down to optimise frame rate. There's a good guide on r/Overwatch to get the best performance. Might be worth checking out.

Most people turn the settings down to optimise frame rate. There's a good guide on r/Overwatch to get the best performance. Might be worth checking out.
    I haven't checked the fps I'm getting tbh but seems very smooth

I haven't checked the fps I'm getting tbh but seems very smooth

I can't remember exactly what setting they suggested changing but going by the comments on the thread it looked like people were seeing a boost of 15-20 FPS

I can't remember exactly what setting they suggested changing but going by the comments on the thread it looked like people were seeing a boost of 15-20 FPS
    must look at that emmet thanks for the heads up that's a significant increase in performance

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mod note: Please stop reporting the above posts. The fact that the PC version looks and performs better than the console versions is a fact and stating that fact isn't starting a console vs PC flame war.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Mod note: Please stop reporting the above posts. The fact that the PC version looks and performs better than the console versions is a fact and stating that fact isn't starting a console vs PC flame war.
    that was not my intention. I enjoyed overwatch on console too just a new shiny toy for me

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Did someone actually report those posts :pac:

I play on Console and it doesn't bother me if DK got it on PC and finds it better there. At the end of the day we all play Overwatch and enjoy it no matter what device we play on!!

• Advertisement

someone reported that post? maybe more than one person? wtf :confused:

So lads, i like to run and gun generally, i love rainbow 6 but im not great at it cause i aint got the patience or the brainpower. Give me a couple of characters to start off with pretty please. Something that can make a noob semi useful

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement