Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

D.Va, Soldier and Lucio are nice ones to start with

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did someone actually report those posts :pac:

I play on Console and it doesn't bother me if DK got it on PC and finds it better there. At the end of the day we all play Overwatch and enjoy it no matter what device we play on!!
    exactly emmet doesn't matter whatever platform its still an amazing game

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

IvoryTower wrote: »
    someone reported that post? maybe more than one person? wtf :confused:

So lads, i like to run and gun generally, i love rainbow 6 but im not great at it cause i aint got the patience or the brainpower. Give me a couple of characters to start off with pretty please. Something that can make a noob semi useful

Soldier 76 is pretty much tailored to ease people coming from more standard fps shooters into this game (while still being pretty good in his own right).

I found Reinhardt a good one starting out too though you have to be smart with him and he's very much not your standard shooter experience (doesn't even have a gun :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Tracer is high skill but lethal.

Zenyatta is always good to see on a team. Rein also, maybe Orissa now but I haven't been on in a few days but her decreased shield casting time is good for her

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tracer is high skill but lethal.

Zenyatta is always good to see on a team. Rein also, maybe Orissa now but I haven't been on in a few days but her decreased shield casting time is good for her

I never even thought to check hero balancing notes from the update. She still seemed pretty effective last night anyway.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I never even thought to check hero balancing notes from the update. She still seemed pretty effective last night anyway.

Her up power is down 9% but she can put shields up 4 seconds quicker now. Every 8 seconds not 12

Also wraxu the hanzo god got boosted more, 10% draw speed and if had an arrow drew and wall climbs the arrow is still drawn

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

fixxxer wrote: »
    Finally got my Junkrat Golden gun and Running Rat Emote. There is now no reason to pick any other character ever.
    Thought this video did a good job of breaking things down Meta wise as Season 4 closes out

I gave the different rankings numerical values and then just summarised them in a table for TL:DR

Rating Score
    Gold 7
    Gold/Green 6
    Green 5
    Green/Yellow 4
    Yellow 3
    Yellow/Red 2
    Red 1

Attack Score Defense Score Tank Score Support Score
    Tracer 7 Widowmaker 4 Rheinheart 5 Ana 5
    Genji 5 Torbjorn 4 Zarya 5 Mercy 5
    Pharah 5 Hanzo 4 D.Va 5 Zenyatta 5
    Soldier 76 5 Junkrat 2 Roadhog 5 Lucio 4
    McCree 3 Mei 1 Winston 4 Symettra 3
    Sombra 3 Bastion 1 Orisa 3 - -
    Reaper 1 - - - - - -

Just some interesting Food for thought.

Have played a good bit of Zenyatta before (particularly around Season 2) so will refresh myself on him and also need to invest more time learning practicing with Tracer and learning Ana

What's wrong with Junkrat's ultimate? I think it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J. Marston wrote: »

It's very easy to shoot. You have to be very clever with it and drop it from a height or over a wall.

too noisy, too easy to kill it, too slow, they need to give it more health or a shield cos a few rounds ends it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

someone reported that post? maybe more than one person? wtf :confused:

So lads, i like to run and gun generally, i love rainbow 6 but im not great at it cause i aint got the patience or the brainpower. Give me a couple of characters to start off with pretty please. Something that can make a noob semi useful

Solider for DPS
    Mei for Defense
    Hog for Tank
    Lucio/Mercy/Zen for the healer (pick one at first)

I'm suggesting these guys because they are good solid hero's but they can all self heal as well.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It's very easy to shoot. You have to be very clever with it and drop it from a height or over a wall.

I think hiding at the corner of a wall, roll it around and boom does a good job 90% of the time.

You don't want to be rolling it for over 2 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

too noisy, too easy to kill it, too slow, they need to give it more health or a shield cos a few rounds ends it

You have to be clever about using it. Drop it from a height at fairly short range or come around a corner and surprise a group.

I think hiding at the corner of a wall, roll it around and boom does a good job 90% of the time.

I know i've died by it here and there but its usually been in ot where i cant get off the point or something like that, cant remember the last time i was actually caught by it

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Man i had the same issue with R6 Siege; great game but struggled to be patient.

I played Junkrat a lot when i first started, you can leg it around and do good damage without too much trouble.

As the others say Solider is a great/uncomplicated option particularly if you're aim is decent.

If you're dying a lot try Roadhog, he's a tank and great at 1v1's against smaller opponents.

Pretty sure i've got you on my list already (GT is Adventagious), i play with Emmett from time to time so hit me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

yep we played r6 a couple of times before you disappeared bck to overwatch forever :)

thanks lads will try a few out over the weekend family life permitting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Exactly.

https://youtu.be/vepKWgj0Im4

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

yep we played r6 a couple of times before you disappeared bck to overwatch forever :)

Sorry - OW keeps shoving other games to the background! It scratches a gaming itch for me that nothing has since TF2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TaillessKitty

Hey, thought I'd pop up here and see if anyone is interested in playing.

My battletag is Aimz#21547 if you wanna add me.

I'm just playing solo ranked atm, was gold the last couple seasons but had bad placement games this season and only got back into the game like 2 weeks ago so I'm silver, 1938 right now.

Also, pre-warning, I strictly main Pharah and Mercy.. x)

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Just got Zens dance. All is well with the world.

• Advertisement

Got two exact same Widowmaker sprays in the same box. That shouldn't even be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Opened my anniversary box, 3 Grey's and a crappy blue. Come on blizzard give me a little more incentive to make me want to get more loot boxes rather than pi**ing me off

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Opened my anniversary box, 3 Grey's and a crappy blue. Come on blizzard give me a little more incentive to make me want to get more loot boxes rather than pi**ing me off

I got soldiers in mine.

Fun fact due to all skins being legendary(3k in game creds) and all dance emots for each character this is the most expensive real world currency event to date

The dance emotes shouldn't be event limited. Make them cost more credits if they like but they should be permanent additions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Got two exact same Widowmaker sprays in the same box. That shouldn't even be possible.
    You can get four of the same; highly unlikely but possible. I've had a duo of same skin in one box for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The dance emotes shouldn't be event limited. Make them cost more credits if they like but they should be permanent additions.

Hold on there, the dance emotes aren't staying?

Costs just over 53 or 54 k in game cress for them all. Just over 18k just for all dance emotes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Played a good bit over the weekend, enjoyed it, any teamwork that happened was pretty much accidental, haven't heard anyone on the mic. If I came up against a half organised team it was game over really. Plenty of easy to use characters though so it's not hard to get started

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Played a good bit over the weekend, enjoyed it, any teamwork that happened was pretty much accidental, haven't heard anyone on the mic. If I came up against a half organised team it was game over really. Plenty of easy to use characters though so it's not hard to get started

In QP the most coordinated you'll get is Genji looking for a nanoboost or Zarya ult so he can grab that sweet, sweet POTG.

Team comps say it all, the backbone of every team is its Tanks and Healers. Half your team should be tanks and healers, sickening amount of games where you're forced to pick Hog as you're the only tank so you need to stay alive with no healers, while Widow, Hanzo and Genji dick around asking for healing.

Obviously QP is for practise but I find a large amount of people seem to have no interest in practising tanks or supports.

Its a lot better in comp, you'll get more on voice chat, more coordination, better hero picks and the Widows and Hanzos tend to be better instead of detrimental to the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I finally caved & bought 24 Loot Boxes...

Got a few dance emotes.

... also got loads of duplicates. Of dance emotes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement