Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I've grown to really like the off-season, gives me a chance to play other games.. the new zelda won't play itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Not sure why off season even exists.

So you can play 6 Vs 6 DPS and blow off steam ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dotdotdot

I got a season high of 3270 or something and finished at 3050. Hopefully don't drop too much into plat for my placements. Not bad for my first season.

On another note, I've been coming across so many Irish people in my games on voice chat! Can tell them from a mile off, hehe. If anyone wants to play on PC let me know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

dotdotdot wrote: »
    I got a season high of 3270 or something and finished at 3050. Hopefully don't drop too much into plat for my placements. Not bad for my first season.

On another note, I've been coming across so many Irish people in my games on voice chat! Can tell them from a mile off, hehe. If anyone wants to play on PC let me know.

PC player here CULLY#2988

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

New teaser here:

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20812209

New map? Doomfist is a small monkey?

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    New teaser here:

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20812209

New map? Doomfist is a small monkey?

not doomfist, its watson or something like that, the only specimens missing are winston and another name

Hammond*

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

dotdotdot wrote: »

Nerobear#2862 Add away (PC)

not doomfist, its watson or something like that, the only specimens missing are winston and another name

But what if it is Doomfist??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just found this tracker on Reddit and I'm going to use it for season 5 rather than my own one.

It looks very detailed and I've had a play around and looks to give excellent feedback​.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OverwatchUniversity/comments/6e6xfw/basilisks_overwatch_performance_tracker_updated/

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just found this tracker on Reddit and I'm going to use it for season 5 rather than my own one.

It looks very detailed and I've had a play around and looks to give excellent feedback​.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OverwatchUniversity/comments/6e6xfw/basilisks_overwatch_performance_tracker_updated/

oh lovely stuff, nice layout too, mine got really messy last season but it's really worth doing.

Hope everyone is ready for the rage enducing nonsense that is placements later!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sight808 wrote: »
    oh lovely stuff, nice layout too, mine got really messy last season but it's really worth doing.

I found this excel to be a little slow last night so might be best to save down an offline version.

Also don't forget to change the time GMT+1.

Sight808 wrote:

Oh god Competitive Play is back already ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I don't know what has clicked in my head, but the past 2 nights I've been playing Pharah and my hit% has gone from mid-40% to 60-70%.

I'm even hitting airborne enemies after popping them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm getting so sick of teams of McCree, Widow, Hanzo, Genji, one random Offense/Defense hero and me playing Winston.

I've started making friends with the other team when I end up in comps like this.

Started a little dance ring with their D.Va, Hanzo and Symmetra in the last game :)

I'm getting so sick of teams of McCree, Widow, Hanzo, Genji, one random Offense/Defense hero and me playing Winston.

I've started making friends with the other team when I end up in comps like this.

Started a little dance ring with their D.Va, Hanzo and Symmetra in the last game :)

it will change in comp[ from tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Grayditch wrote: »

Trailer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91nfDfnGCB0

Reduced gravity options coming to all maps for a while too!

3 POTGs on the bounce, one with Zen, one with Winston and one with S76, today is a good day, I look forward to placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I got a quick triple kill with Widow last night (Venom mine and two headshots) and I can't snipe for shít. A POTG with Widow would've been class but didn't get it.

Hero changes for PTR...
    McCree

Deadeye Targets now begin locking on after 0.2 seconds, instead of 0.8 seconds Damage accumulated over the first 1.0 seconds increased from 20 to 80 (damage per second after the first 1.0 seconds is unchanged)

Developer Comment: McCree’s ultimate can deal a lot of damage if it has a lot of time to build up, but it was often too difficult to get even a small amount of damage out before being stopped or killed. These changes make it more flexible and powerful.

Reaper

The Reaping (Passive) Removed health orbs
    Now regains 20% of all damage done to heroes as health

Developer Comment: Reaper’s old healing passive was useful if you could kill a bunch of enemies in a row. But since enemies needed to be dead for it to work, it wasn’t very helpful unless the situation was already in your favor. His new passive lets him get immediate benefit from it, especially when fighting Tank heroes, which tend to be larger targets that deal lower damage.

Roadhog

Head hitbox size reduced by 20%

Scrap Gun
    Bullet damage decreased by 33% Fire rate increased by 30%
    Clip size increased from 4 to 5

Developer Comment: Roadhog’s head was abnormally large compared to similarly-sized characters, so we’re reducing its size to increase his survivability. The Scrap Gun changes reduce the power of his hook combo and alternate fire burst damage potential while still keeping his DPS roughly the same.

Reaper looks pretty dangerous now.

• Advertisement

Reaper looks dangerous is right.

Roadhogs hook combo will be down to 187 I think? So it'll take a Hook, Shot, Melee to kill 200hp heroes

More ****ing messing with Roadhog, jesus christ.

Yes my gold gun reaper from the anna meta can come back in full force!!!

Reaper looks dangerous is right.

Roadhogs hook combo will be down to 187 I think? So it'll take a Hook, Shot, Melee to kill 200hp heroes

Makes him pretty much redundent, even with an increased fire rate you'd be better off with soldier or another dps. Roadhog was in a funny place of sitting inbetween a tank and dps without really being good enough to do either role, his only use is hooking a target and 1 shotting. It might not seem like loads of skill to hit his hooks but they've made it harder to get 1 shot kills since last patch. If you're missing his hooks then your doing nothing for the team and he becomes completely useless.

If those changed were to go through I'd be tempted to drop him and just stay zarya/rein/dva or winston

I can reap again. I am so so happy

Makes him pretty much redundent, even with an increased fire rate you'd be better off with soldier or another dps. Roadhog was in a funny place of sitting inbetween a tank and dps without really being good enough to do either role, his only use is hooking a target and 1 shotting. It might not seem like loads of skill to hit his hooks but they've made it harder to get 1 shot kills since last patch. If you're missing his hooks then your doing nothing for the team and he becomes completely useless.

If those changed were to go through I'd be tempted to drop him and just stay zarya/rein/dva or winston

That's what I was thinking, his one strong point has been **** on. If the hook distance was cut to 2m again it might work out.

I don't like it though.

I'm playing primarily Winston and preforming pretty well though so I'm happy enough staying there

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

0-3 so far.

Two control maps for the first two matches and we're 4 DPS, 1 tank, 1 healer for the first and 3 DPS, Widow, 1 healer, 1 tank for the next. Both against perfect meta bullshít. What's worse is we actually won a round when we went two healers but then reverted back to 4 DPS and surprise surprise, stomped.

Fúcking numpties.

3-3 same bull**** for 3 losses in a row, hanzo widow genji macree... ok idiots

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

They honestly need to go back to the drawing table with him to figure out what they want with him to be. The hook is the only reason to bring him today as every other tank is a better option to run for tanking (they all bring shields for their allies). Now with this his use is even further diminished and his DPS was always lackluster beyond the point blank range with a large body but Reaper will do a heck of a lot better job there now. He either needs more health (to survive standing up front) with a drawback (slower healing?) or he needs better and longer reach for his DPS to make him more of a DPS-tank hybrid that's not reliant on the hook. Make the hook into a slow for 3s or similar instead of pulling it in and give him much more range and DPS to compensate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Agree with the above.

I wish they'd stop messing with him or start from scratch. I was ok with the niche he filled but was also trying to learn Dva so i had another tank option.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement