Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I'm 3-2 in my placement matches so far, had one leaver (we would have lost if he'd been there anyway) and got completely outclassed in the other loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Agree with the above.

I wish they'd stop messing with him or start from scratch. I was ok with the niche he filled but was also trying to learn Dva so i had another tank option.

Yeah, I felt hook 2.0 was a good place and even 3.0 was largely fine. He needs to be redone otherwise he'll be bottom of the pile for picks. Blizzard seems to have an issue with characters not being used seeing as Bastian and Symmetra got retooled when there usage plummeted, so I don't understand why they'd change him in such a way as to make him useless.

Suggestions for a new character to learn? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

fixxxer wrote: »
    Yeah, I felt hook 2.0 was a good place and even 3.0 was largely fine. He needs to be redone otherwise he'll be bottom of the pile for picks. Blizzard seems to have an issue with characters not being used seeing as Bastian and Symmetra got retooled when there usage plummeted, so I don't understand why they'd change him in such a way as to make him useless.

Suggestions for a new character to learn? :D

Reaper with his new ptr change!

Not mei

Reaper with his new ptr change!

There's already a reaper player in my usual group. Might go back to soldier or Dva for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Honestly, at this stage, if you're picking Roadhog, you're creating a less than optimal team comp. There's almost always gonna be a hero that can be more effective and you're essentially making it 6 v 5.5

And worse, if they have certain Heroes, Roadhog just presents a perfect opportunity to feed your ultimate charge (Pharah for example)

Players need to adapt to him falling off-Meta (it's been an entire season almost since he was a critical part of the Meta) and change their pool of effective Heroes.
    fixxxer wrote: »
    There's already a reaper player in my usual group. Might go back to soldier or Dva for a bit.

A lot of the feedback from high levels is more Winston and Tracer focused.
    Zarya is still solid.
    Rhein is great but needs a team built around him. Soldier as you say is still awesome.
    D.Va, I could do with seeing far less of on my Team.
    Zenyatta is a beast at the moment.
    Mercys always good I guess, that Ult being more favourable imho to Lucios
    Symettra is good on defense in 2-CP.
    Pharah is a beast on Console now.
    Bastion can be effective, but cheap and you got to be willing to change fast if it's not working or they get wise to you and start changing

• Advertisement

Honestly, at this stage, if you're picking Roadhog, you're creating a less than optimal team comp. There's almost always gonna be a hero that can be more effective and you're essentially making it 6 v 5.5

And worse, if they have certain Heroes, Roadhog just presents a perfect opportunity to feed your ultimate charge (Pharah for example)

Players need to adapt to him falling off-Meta (it's been an entire season almost since he was a critical part of the Meta) and change their pool of effective Heroes.

A lot of the feedback from high levels is more Winston and Tracer focused.
    Zarya is still solid.
    Rhein is great but needs a team built around him. Soldier as you say is still awesome.
    D.Va, I could do with seeing far less of on my Team.
    Zenyatta is a beast at the moment.
    Mercys always good I guess, that Ult being more favourable imho to Lucios
    Symettra is good on defense in 2-CP.
    Pharah is a beast on Console now.
    Bastion can be effective, but cheap and you got to be willing to change fast if it's not working or they get wise to you and start changing

I'd consider myself pretty good with Roadhog, which is why I stuck with him so long.

Good suggestions there. To be honest I'm sick to death of playing Reinhardt and Mercy and being left for dead over and over. Pharah or Mc Cree maybe just for something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Winston lads, never underestimate the joy of endless Mercy/Tracer/Genji slaying.

1 loss and 1 tie so far in placement, received my first Overwatch hate mail last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Anyone got a link to the changes to console? Can't seem to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I go between zarya and roadhog fixxer. Honestly you can crush with zarya similar to road, esp if enemy team have a junkrat. Just make sure if your team has a dva she's not eating your engery!

Phara is always good fun and zen is a monster atm. Cutting down 2 players with headshots, really satisfying.

3v3 Lockout is actually great fun with friends we found last night. Pity it's best of 5, would love to see that stretched to 1st to get 4 or 5 wins, cause right now you only have to use 9 heroes between the 3 of ye to win. Making people use more would make it just that bit more tactical again. It's already quiet tactical in a way I appreciate

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

3v3 Lockout is actually great fun with friends we found last night. Pity it's best of 5, would love to see that stretched to 1st to get 4 or 5 wins, cause right now you only have to use 9 heroes between the 3 of ye to win. Making people use more would make it just that bit more tactical again. It's already quiet tactical in a way I appreciate
    I'd like to see it extended to a 6 v 6 hybrid map instead; have to push & defend (so 12 out of 15 heroes used) and really decide which heroes to use where.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Nah its fine as it is, perfect if ya only have time for a quick game. Plus alot of the heroes are crappy in it compared to others.

I find junkrat is an easy kill in it and pretty much a guranteed win if the enemy pick him.. Zarya also as its very hard to get charged up.. Tjorborn and Sym are also meh

nix wrote: »
    Nah its fine as it is, perfect if ya only have time for a quick game. Plus alot of the heroes are crappy in it compared to others.

I was posting my own personal opinion. You are welcome to yours. You want X out of the Mode, I'd like Y instead. If they offered both options, no one would complain but it would dilute the pool.

I enjoy the tactically of the Team Composition choices and have plenty other modes I can wile away the time in for more chill stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I was posting my own personal opinion. You are welcome to yours. You want X out of the Mode, I'd like Y instead. If they offered both options, no one would complain but it would dilute the pool.

I enjoy the tactically of the Team Composition choices and have plenty other modes I can wile away the time in for more chill stuff

Oh im aware its your opinion, and that is mine, I'm not attacking you (not sure why you got so defensive) i just threw some knowledge at you that you may have overlooked or not experienced yet.

But yeah, another longer option would be welcome, heck even throw in some 5v5's

EDIT: I didnt actually see Nody's post above, think i loaded the page before he posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Winston lads, never underestimate the joy of endless Mercy/Tracer/Genji slaying.

1 loss and 1 tie so far in placement, received my first Overwatch hate mail last night!

Love Winston, even got his golden gun. If you have even a semi-observant team, you can cause so much chaos with him. Jump behind, shield, do as much damage as you can and get as many enemies to turn around as possible, jump away.

I do think they should boost a direct hit from a jump to at least 75 damage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

You're all incorrect, unfortunately. Winston is only acceptable in Total Mayhem, when he has 1000HP and infinite shields.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

A Neurotic wrote: »
    You're all incorrect, unfortunately. Winston is only acceptable in Total Mayhem, when he has 1000HP and infinite shields.

20 minutes trying to push the last 0.1 metre of the payload while two teams of Winstons, Zaryas, Lucios, Mei's etc bounce around.

Good for XP, but kind exhausting!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

0-4 so far.

In three fcuking games there were more than one of my team trolling. Mei blocking us with ice walls at the start of each game before dancing/taunting at the start point. An Orisa who went to the middle of the map and just span in a circle while shooting his/her shield in the air.

It's a fcuking ****show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

got low ranked cos of last seasons bull ****, barely made it to 1500, up over 300 sr today

FutureGuy wrote: »
    0-4 so far.

In three fcuking games there were more than one of my team trolling. Mei blocking us with ice walls at the start of each game before dancing/taunting at the start point. An Orisa who went to the middle of the map and just span in a circle while shooting his/her shield in the air.

It's a fcuking ****show.

This is why I always wait a few days after a Season starts to do my placements. There's a lot of f**king about in the earlier days I've noticed

• Advertisement

This is why I always wait a few days after a Season starts to do my placements. There's a lot of f**king about in the earlier days I've noticed

Lots of unnecessary chats going on coms ;P

Stats on who Roadhog can one shot with the new patch, compared to the old one.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nyam_4zy5m-D6WJohAicCozZ6soigivechSqwk6jY5c/htmlview

Taken from Reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished 6-4, got 3260.

Think I'll mainly stick with Winston this season.

Finished 4-5-1 overall, had a game where the whole team bar my mate quit after round 2. We made friends, until he went Sombra and capped the point.

Placed at 1769, almost 400 below last season.

*Wow, up 40 after my first Win

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Finished 6 -4 with two losses being 5 min fights over the last percentage point in 2 v 2 CP maps and ended up on 1345; that's a drop of over 600 points from last season while scoring two+ gold medals on each placement as a healer (Mercy/Lucio). Oh well I'll see how far up I can care to grind it.

Got 78 Elims with Winston in a game there, almost double my previous highest elims in a game, 43, also with Winston.

Fellow Winston players, how do you play the Ult? I normally jump on the Ulting S76 or Genji, otherwise I just jump around and try to cause hassle/pull fire. Very unusual to get more than 1 kill with it, is this normal?

Up 156 from placement already, 1925. Gold here I come.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

5 games only one win in placements so far :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Guys, very late joining the party. I see Standard edition available for €20, Origins Edition €32. Worth the extra cash or should I just take the standard one. Bearing in my mind I'm probably going to be sh1t at it ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 That_Guy_Omar

Fellow Winston players, how do you play the Ult? I normally jump on the Ulting S76 or Genji, otherwise I just jump around and try to cause hassle/pull fire. Very unusual to get more than 1 kill with it, is this normal?

Thats how I normally tend to play it, seems to work very well while defending point b on hanamura

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Guys, very late joining the party. I see Standard edition available for €20, Origins Edition €32. Worth the extra cash or should I just take the standard one. Bearing in my mind I'm probably going to be sh1t at it ha.

Standard all the way, you're only paying extra for a few loot boxes and skins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement