Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got 78 Elims with Winston in a game there, almost double my previous highest elims in a game, 43, also with Winston.

Fellow Winston players, how do you play the Ult? I normally jump on the Ulting S76 or Genji, otherwise I just jump around and try to cause hassle/pull fire. Very unusual to get more than 1 kill with it, is this normal?

Up 156 from placement already, 1925. Gold here I come.

A lot of the time I just use it to survive. I think if you get 1 kill with it, you're doing well. It's not a team wipe ult unless you get lucky near a ledge. Ana is the biggest pain when ulting with Winston, get put to sleep quite a lot.

I don't know if streaks carry over but I won my first two games of the season with Winston and got 79 SR. Up to 3339.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Got 78 Elims with Winston in a game there, almost double my previous highest elims in a game, 43, also with Winston.

Fellow Winston players, how do you play the Ult? I normally jump on the Ulting S76 or Genji, otherwise I just jump around and try to cause hassle/pull fire. Very unusual to get more than 1 kill with it, is this normal?

Up 156 from placement already, 1925. Gold here I come.

Yea, it's a zoning ult really..great if you get someone in the corner or knock them off the map but it's not a great ult

gj on all the kills!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

nix wrote:
    I find junkrat is an easy kill in it and pretty much a guranteed win if the enemy pick him.. Zarya also as its very hard to get charged up.. Tjorborn and Sym are also meh

Tjorborn is a bit boring but if you set up in a good spot and the other 2 picks offer a synergy it can work.

I won every game I picked symetra in, she is very very good in a 1v1, run towards a enemy fire shield watch them panicked for a second and burn them down with your auto aim weapon of death.

As for zarya don't play her much but generic did in some of our matches and she seemed quite good.

I suppose it just shows different people have different experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Finished last season at 2437 and went 5-4-1 in placement and got 2319 tonight.

Hopefully I can climb up above 2800 this season as 2775 is my highest to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I know season 5 hasn't really started but really the most annoying thing about overwatch is when you die, take a big sip of tea and you get rez'd mid sip and get rolled again WTF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

attack bastian on numbani first point.....****ing love randoms on solo que

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

7W3L

Guess I should be thankful I wasn't put on more than 2 very poor teams. One of the three losses was just down to someone leaving, but the team was decent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

3-7 2100 :rolleyes:

Was ranked just over 1500..... Already back in gold. And now to get back to plat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Was ranked just over 1500..... Already back in gold. And now to get back to plat

Back to plat? Jesus, enjoy low Gold if you're solo que.

What were last seasons shenanigans?

• Advertisement

Back to plat? Jesus, enjoy low Gold if you're solo que.

What were last seasons shenanigans?

Yeah I was plat season 2-3 then last season got placed silver barely played then outta annoyance. Gold is easy. Like I was main reaper and wreck was getting 40-50 kills with 10 or less deaths. Yellow low is hell as people generally pick mcrees or hanzo thinking they can use the highest skill chars. If you get a few people he can generally coordinate enough to carry.

Like we had a ****ty hanzo main in a game trying to throw two rounds we held it to overtime rounds. He tries to hanzo while our healers ignored him, suddenly he changes to winston,/rein and gets healed.

You can ask nice for people to change all you want but in gold people tend to be knobs. That being said i can be a knob too but generally if I die 2-3 times and it's not working I'll flex off to someone else. Nobody in yellow adapts to enemy comps

Expecting people to make a good pick is often too much I find, nevermind wanting then to change when they've 26% Ult charge after 90 seconds.

The game I received the abuse after during the week, I tried 2 tanks and 2 healers, my mate was healer when I was tank and tank when I went healer.

Tracer, Reaper, S76 and Genji in their four stack never changed once, easier to abuse the supports than say "Maybe I made a wrong call"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I spent two hours in quick play trying Mc Cree. Not sure about him even after all that time. Doing pretty well with the flick aiming, but he could use a touch more health in my opinion. His aim is so precise that the ps4 controller is a little tough to use for me. Or maybe I just need more practice. Had more success with Pharah, learning to jump, fire dome death and duck behind scenery before the other team can focus fire me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

looking forward to trying reaper after the buff is released. will do my placements games over the weekend. season 4 was my 1st and made it to 2130 roughly. would love to get to 2500 but dont think i will. am slowly becoming a 1 trick pony with dva.

fixxxer wrote: »
    I spent two hours in quick play trying Mc Cree. Not sure about him even after all that time. Doing pretty well with the flick aiming, but he could use a touch more health in my opinion. His aim is so precise that the ps4 controller is a little tough to use for me. Or maybe I just need more practice. Had more success with Pharah, learning to jump, fire dome death and duck behind scenery before the other team can focus fire me.

lowest picked hero of game, the game atm is all about speed so genji, tracer, winston dva, mcree cant hang with that

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

lowest picked hero of game, the game atm is all about speed so genji, tracer, winston dva, mcree cant hang with that

Lowest picked? Not my experience at all...still a pretty regular pick in my games even if a bit less regular than soldier. Reliable DPS is tricky with a controller compared to a mouse but i know a few McCree mains who do the job.

There's always a Genji though. Always.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

McCree is Meh on Console. I'd nearly always rather a Soldier or Pharah tbh.

No argument there, i'd rather have those two as back up.

I'm just saying that McCree is a lot of fun to play, and i see him picked very regularly. Little less in comp in the last season though, as the Winston and dive-heavy mixes started to dominate.
    McCree's health pool isn't great for standing up against a Winston/D.va/Zen dive, but he's good at discouraging Tracer and Pharmercy,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I've been playing alot of Sombra since i returned, loving her and causing absolute havoc with her in QP, is picking her frowned upon in Comp?

Will people get :mad:?

nix wrote: »
    I've been playing alot of Sombra since i returned, loving her and causing absolute havoc with her in QP, is picking her frowned upon in Comp?

Depends on your SR a bit i'd say!

She's getting a LOT of respect in the upper tiers/pro scenes recently on 2 CP points, especially on the second point of say Anubis or Hanamura.

At the end of the day it's up to you, play who you want to play as long as you aren't trolling.

• Advertisement

Depends on your SR a bit i'd say!

She's getting a LOT of respect in the upper tiers/pro scenes recently on 2 CP points, especially on the second point of say Anubis or Hanamura.

At the end of the day it's up to you, play who you want to play as long as you aren't trolling.

she is high skill, you really gotta know the ins and outs to get the best out of her.

Lower tiers like mcree hanzo, its a waste as they are high skill

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i find her too hard to play. with 4 different aspects to her game (invisibly, teleport, hack and shoot) i just cant get a grasp of all of them.

Lower tiers like mcree hanzo, its a waste as they are high skill

Depends a bit on what you call high skill i guess. I'm ok with people going with Hanzo or McCree these days - diamond/master seem to take themselves pretty seriously so won't go with something they genuinely can't play*.

*most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wish I could play her but she's far too multitask-y for me. Remembering to hack health packs, remembering where your translocator is, doing damage, hacking enemies. Lot to be doing to be playing her successfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Yeah, true. Trying to balance what a teams needs along side what's fun for me to play. I've had my highest ever kill totals with 76 but I find him dull to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

fixxxer wrote: »
    Yeah, true. Trying to balance what a teams needs along side what's fun for me to play. I've had my highest ever kill totals with 76 but I find him dull to play.

Reaper looks he's gonna be a lot more viable, and I find him more fun than Soldier.

You could always try Meta it up and go someone much more highly regarded like Tracer, Ana, Winston, Zenyatta. Those 4 are wrecking at high levels atm

Play whoever you want, but prepare to switch if its not working out. Too many people hang on for ages as Sombra, Hanzo, McCree before switching.

If you're constantly negating Bastion and Rein then your team will probably notice and love you for it, otherwise, there's normally a better choice teamwise.

Reaper looks he's gonna be a lot more viable, and I find him more fun than Soldier.

You could always try Meta it up and go someone much more highly regarded like Tracer, Ana, Winston, Zenyatta. Those 4 are wrecking at high levels atm

With winston being in flavour reaper is well viable now tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

dotdotdot wrote: »
    I got a season high of 3270 or something and finished at 3050. Hopefully don't drop too much into plat for my placements. Not bad for my first season.

On another note, I've been coming across so many Irish people in my games on voice chat! Can tell them from a mile off, hehe. If anyone wants to play on PC let me know.

Another PC player (newbie!) iggyigauna#2413, you can add if you want!
    Dcully wrote: »
    PC player here CULLY#2988
    Nerobear#2862 Add away (PC)

I've added ye two too, hope ye don't mind. I'm looking for a few peeps to play with, solo is like banging your head against a wall!

• Advertisement

Up to Gold now, gf brought me up with a very thrilling game, the final overtime was 5:22 long, 4 Mercy and 5 Lucio Ults in that time!

Up 250 or so from Placement :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement