Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I played three games last night after placing, winning one and loosing two, but I'm up 18 SR overall.

In the three games I got two POTG with Boostio and played quite well in all three games. We ended up loosing the two games because two randoms auto picked DPS and myself and two tanks had the kills medals. The annoying thing is they never even tried switch even though both mained tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Placed 2447 so hopefully into plat quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

6W 4L, ended last season at 3540, now ranked at 3342.

And so begins the grind back to masters

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jesus Christ, there are some cúnts who play this. First game today, about 10 seconds after the time limit for an abandoned match for someone leaving, someone leaves.

Since I was two wins off masters, I got salty as feck and sent him a message "Thanks a lot for rage quitting."

Response "Yup lmao been throwing today, I get triggered, I trigger others."

I'm actually going to send a screenshot of it to Blizzard when they implement that report system for consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Caved and bought it on PC since it's down to €20.
    I am gonna have to use a controller though to play. Haven't played an FPS with a mouse in 10 years or so.
    Thinking the X-Box 360 controller would be the best bet

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I am gonna have to use a controller though to play. Haven't played an FPS with a mouse in 10 years or so.

Try get used to keyboard and mouse, you'll probably struggle otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

down 200 odd sr today, love comp teams with hanzo mcree and widow....super job

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Did my placements, 7-3. Ended up with 2522, so straight into plat! Was fully expecting having to grind out of mid gold.

Annnnnnnnnnd first game in we have two duo stacks trolling each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

You'll get rekted. I'd a mate who has only ever played FPS with controllers and it didn't take him long at all, he'd never go back in fact AND he's a lefty who doesn't/can't use WASD.

Playing with cretins all night, down 200SR.

• Advertisement

Got back playing with my old crew, regained the lost sr just about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

papu wrote: »
    6W 4L, ended last season at 3540, now ranked at 3342.

And so begins the grind back to masters

3342 > 3522, some fun games playing winston, soldier and rein

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

This is an absolutely horrendous idea, you'll be annihilated; or at the very least restricted to a small handful of classes who get no benefit from aiming.

Just do a bunch of Quick Play games with a mouse, you'll pick it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'm tryin to get back into OW.
    But here in Korea you can't join a game without a McCree, Window, Hanzo, Genji combo.

In fact...they are so original...that they're Names/ID's are literally 'GENJI' 'MCREE' 'MASTER GENJI' etc

The biggest complaint by people playing it here in Korea, is about what's called Cho-Dings....elementary school students.

They go to PC Bangs after school and just do what kids do....and it ruins games.
    It's the main hobby here...costs about 2 euro for 3 hours.
    I have to wait until after 10pm before I try play competitive .. (they're not allowed in PC Bangs past that time)

I hear them talk about OW in the mornings during school...constantly.

Also...SPRAYS.....f*ck off Blizzard with your sprays. Noone cares at all about them.
    Give me the option for Custom ones like TF2. At least they can be a bit funny or used as a distraction.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'm tryin to get back into OW.
    But here in Korea you can't join a game without a McCree, Window, Hanzo, Genji combo.

In fact...they are so original...that they're Names/ID's are literally 'GENJI' 'MCREE' 'MASTER GENJI' etc

The biggest complaint by people playing it here in Korea, is about what's called Cho-Dings....elementary school students.

They go to PC Bangs after school and just do what kids do....and it ruins games.
    It's the main hobby here...costs about 2 euro for 3 hours.
    I have to wait until after 10pm before I try play competitive .. (they're not allowed in PC Bangs past that time)

I hear them talk about OW in the mornings during school...constantly.

Also...SPRAYS.....f*ck off Blizzard with your sprays. Noone cares at all about them.
    Give me the option for Custom ones like TF2. At least they can be a bit funny or used as a distraction.

excuse you i love deathblossoming a team trying tot ake point, destroying them, dropping down my tea spray and coruching on it

Might give the KB&M a go so. I rarely play Hit Scan heroes so wasn't too fussed about Aiming accuracy. Will have to get a new mouse anyway, been using my missus cr@ppy one recenelty and it's wheel and side buttons don't work :rolleyes:

Finished my placements. Did a mix of solo, small stack and 6-stack.
    5 wins, 5 losses ended up placing at 1997 :pac:
    It's worse I'm getting nowadays

Someone did a visual guide about how to create Dive-Comps.
    It's almost hero-for-hero what I recommended at the weekend.
    Notice the distinct lack of Hanzo

http://puptum.tumblr.com/post/161437774360/dive-comp-is-the-new-black-this-seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Notice the distinct lack of Hanzo

Uchi coochi now run away

Shouldn't criticise healers but POTG chasing Mercys are the dirt worst to have on your team. They get one 4 person rez when the other team are 2 metres from the end and they think they're God's gift but if they picked up Rein with his ult on the first point, we'd have probably kept it. But oh no, anything under a 3 person rez is not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

"everyone die on point".. mercy does first...great

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

J. Marston wrote: »
    Shouldn't criticise healers but POTG chasing Mercys are the dirt worst to have on your team. They get one 4 person rez when the other team are 2 metres from the end and they think they're God's gift but if they picked up Rein with his ult on the first point, we'd have probably kept it. But oh no, anything under a 3 person rez is not good enough.

Theres the flipside to consider too, i play mercy an awful lot and i get fools whining at me after our tank dies at a crucial time when we were just about to take/lose the point i make a call to get him back up and save the point and often win the game.
    They whine that i should have saved my rez for a the 3+ player res :rolleyes:

Sometimes getting up that single tank can make all the difference instead of holding on to it and maybe never get to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Just finished placement games, won 8 lost two. Was placed at 1800 so not too bad. Already up to 1970 after a few wins.

Enjoying playing Pharah now and I have a good Torbjorn set up going on a few maps on Defence. Still gonna miss Roadhog when the update comes ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Placements done, 4 wins, 5 losses and 1 draw...ended up in low Diamond.

Not too upset, i played pretty well and only a few of the games were stomps. Worse thing was the fact that only 1 person in all 10 matches was using team chat. Solo, duo or trio stacks every game and no one wants to talk.

Was playing mercy on Kings Row defence, ended up changing halfway through as we were getting rolled by a Tracer/Winston dive. I died first every fight as the dive went straight over our front line to me, and were not contested. I went Torb and almost managed to stop them by the end, but they had too much momentum.
    Got a message saying "??????? why you switch" from a team mate after and i just told him to come to voice chat for the next round. He did and i explained why i had to change and he was like "aw sorry we didn't know you were being attacked".

These people don't deserve healing.

You don't have to come voice chat but if you don't it makes things harder than it needs to be, and also i'll be quietly resenting you.

Placements done, 4 wins, 5 losses and 1 draw...ended up in low Diamond.

Not too upset, i played pretty well and only a few of the games were stomps. Worse thing was the fact that only 1 person in all 10 matches was using team chat. Solo, duo or trio stacks every game and no one wants to talk.

Was playing mercy on Kings Row defence, ended up changing halfway through as we were getting rolled by a Tracer/Winston dive. I died first every fight as the dive went straight over our front line to me, and were not contested. I went Torb and almost managed to stop them by the end, but they had too much momentum.
    Got a message saying "??????? why you switch" from a team mate after and i just told him to come to voice chat for the next round. He did and i explained why i had to change and he was like "aw sorry we didn't know you were being attacked".

These people don't deserve healing.

You don't have to come voice chat but if you don't it makes things harder than it needs to be, and also i'll be quietly resenting you.

See this is it, when you see dive comp you should know to protect healers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

whats a dive comp?

IvoryTower wrote: »
    whats a dive comp?

quick chars, genji, tracer, winston dva, that can get in quickly passed your front line hit the healers and get back out to engage the main line when healers are down

IvoryTower wrote: »
    whats a dive comp?

Posted literally a few posts above

http://puptum.tumblr.com/post/161437774360/dive-comp-is-the-new-black-this-seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I hate Dive comp. Mostly because I play healers and tanks.

It's one of the reasons I'll miss old Roadhog. Stand beside Mercy, hook and shotgun Tracer, then get Winston and hope someone else was dealing with Sombra/Genji*.

*no one else was dealing with sombra/Genji

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

fixxxer wrote: »
    I hate Dive comp. Mostly because I play healers and tanks.

It's one of the reasons I'll miss old Roadhog. Stand beside Mercy, hook and shotgun Tracer, then get Winston and hope someone else was dealing with Sombra/Genji*.

*no one else was dealing with sombra/Genji
    They don't even need a dive comp to do it; I've had enemy Soldier 76 who dedicated his time to kill me in every single fight by constantly flanking etc. and my team doing sod all about it except standing around complaining about lack of heals/ress and I'm just sitting there fuming (and of course single healer 'cause who wants to be a healer)...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So i picked this up on Xbox when it was on sale, i can only seem to find a quick play option.

Is there another way to find matches other than this?

Also, I seem to be drawn to mercy as a healer. Zenyatta is also a lot of fun.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    So i picked this up on Xbox when it was on sale, i can only seem to find a quick play option.

Is there another way to find matches other than this?

Also, I seem to be drawn to mercy as a healer. Zenyatta is also a lot of fun.

Competitive is locked until you get to level 25, which I think is ridiculous but thems the rules. Arcade should be there too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement