Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J. Marston wrote: »
    Competitive is locked until you get to level 25, which I think is ridiculous but thems the rules.

Please tell me you think 25 is to low :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Please tell me you think 25 is to low :pac:

No. I don't think anything should be locked when you're buying a game for €40-60.

Buying a game and then being told grind 15-20 hours before you can play the main mode is insulting.

No. I don't think anything should be locked when you're buying a game for €40-60.

Buying a game and then being told grind 15-20 hours before you can play the main mode is insulting.

And what about all the players who take Competitive seriously. Is it fair on them that a level 5 guy can come on and cost you a game because he doesn't even know the controls yet or the maps or what the hero's do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

No. I don't think anything should be locked when you're buying a game for ?40-60.

I don't think so, it means you have some level of competency, it also is a small barrier for smurf accounts. Lots of games have parts of it locked away, like only unlocking insane mode after completing the game on hard. Though limiting competitive play is not the same thing I can see why they did it.

I can see why they did it, I just don't agree with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm so behind that min level for competitive. The amount of kids that would go straight there once they booted up the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

It should be 100 if ya ask me :rolleyes:

Six games tonight and six wins. God those were really close games bar one and super sweaty :)

Up a total of 187 SR after them and made it to 2621 after placing 2319 this season.

Drop rates for this event are ridiculous. Got two dances and two duplicates of the dances. So annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm so behind that min level for competitive. The amount of kids that would go straight there once they booted up the game.

Definitely, and in Europe and the US we have to BUY the games and link them to our Battle.net accounts.

Take here in Korea for example, kids go to PC Bangs and they just get given an account if they want. It would be endless low level stuff, never the need to buy the game...hence so many cheats over here...as their is no financial cost to them if they are banned...they can just make a new account.

• Advertisement

Got back to Platinum with lots of Junkrat/Symmetra shifts. I was on some damn fine teams tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I discovered share factory and made something terrible

https://youtu.be/LoUttJovPWk

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

10 games into season 5, lost 5 Drawn 1 W 4

Getting loaded into 3 stacks of 1 diamond and 2 gold players, joke of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Sight808 wrote: »
    10 games into season 5, lost 5 Drawn 1 W 4

Getting loaded into 3 stacks of 1 diamond and 2 gold players, joke of a game.

What rank are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Christ the Quick Play option is just cancer, no-one gives a toss about the objective, just about their bloody K/D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Just back to under 2200 so up 600 odd SR since placement. I had forgot about the yellow hell. Where some people know the meta but don't have the skill for it :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Drop rates for this event are ridiculous. Got two dances and two duplicates of the dances. So annoying.

the whole point is to make more money from selling loot boxes.

jonnycivic wrote: »

As I said it's been calculated it's the highest real money and in game money event to date.

What really gets on my tits, legendary skin is 3k coins....pull a duplicate event legendary...you get 200 which is even half less than getting gold currency ffs

jonnycivic wrote: »

Yeah but I think they poked the fanbase too much this time, hence the double XP weekend. Give people a way to earn more loot boxes quickly before the event ends.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    Yeah but I think they poked the fanbase too much this time, hence the double XP weekend. Give people a way to earn more loot boxes quickly before the event ends.

Looked on the subreddit yesterday and seemingly the majority (60-40ish) were defending Blizzard for making the dances and stuff event exclusive.

Apparently giving the players 24 dance emotes permanently could put Blizzard, the multi-billion dollar company, in the poorhouse.

Looked on the subreddit yesterday and seemingly the majority (60-40ish) were defending Blizzard for making the dances and stuff event exclusive.

Apparently giving the players 24 dance emotes permanently could put Blizzard, the multi-billion dollar company, in the poorhouse.

Different parts of the internet I guess. I don't really spend any time on reddit. I don't have a problem with the stuff being event specific. I do wish their algorithm was better though. I get so so so many duplicates when I get loot boxes. As someone mentioned above, even that would be less of an issue if the amount of coins you get was consistent with the value of the skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Looked on the subreddit yesterday and seemingly the majority (60-40ish) were defending Blizzard for making the dances and stuff event exclusive

Sounds about right. Part of the appeal for event based loot is its exclusivity. Take that away and fewer people will be interested in the events themselves.

It's not about what short term stuff might be damaging to Blizzard, it's about maintaining the long term interest of players.

Sounds about right. Part of the appeal for event based loot is its exclusivity. Take that away and fewer people will be interested in the events themselves.

It's not about what short term stuff might be damaging to Blizzard, it's about maintaining the long term interest of players.

So encouraging spending money in the hopes of getting that skin you want is thinking long term fo players?

Just got Bastion's dance....for the third bloody time.

Haven't been very impressed with the boxes. Don't really care, but they've been noticeably trashy of late.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Grayditch wrote: »
    Haven't been very impressed with the boxes. Don't really care, but they've been noticeably trashy of late.
    I'd agree; personally the best set to date in terms of costumes had to been Halloween imo.

Nody wrote: »
    I'd agree; personally the best set to date in terms of costumes had to been Halloween imo.

One of the few times I took a break. :/ I wouldnt mind that Soldier one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

So encouraging spending money in the hopes of getting that skin you want is thinking long term fo players?

If people are willing to spend 20 quid on loot boxes just to get one skin then good luck to them.

It's not required and doesn't benefit you. Nobody is having a gun held to their head

Personally I don't care what Blizzard charge for cosmetic items, or what some people are willing to pay for the chance of getting them.

Fools and their money...

I'm happy enough to just play the game without investing money in what is basically a bingo game with no return on winning.

• Advertisement

Got destroyed by an attack Torbjorn on Temple of Anubis. Our whole team couldn't do a thing to him.

Some shameful shít.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement