Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Imagine the abuse that lad takes from his teammates at the start of EVERY game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

J. Marston wrote: »
    Got destroyed by an attack Torbjorn on Temple of Anubis. Our whole team couldn't do a thing to him.

Some shameful shít.

Ouch. If it helps we took point a against 2 tanks real quick, they went 3 tank. Our healers went to widow. Cue a slow 6 minutes loss and a leaver.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Got destroyed by an attack Torbjorn on Temple of Anubis. Our whole team couldn't do a thing to him.

Some shameful shít.

No shame in losing to someone technically inferior but marvelously skillful, I imagine at your level Torbs are few and far between?

No shame in losing to someone technically inferior but marvelously skillful, I imagine at your level Torbs are few and far between?

At any level actual non troll attack torbs are

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Grayditch wrote: »
    Imagine the abuse that lad takes from his teammates at the start of EVERY game.

Would assume so. There was a 3 stack in his team and he wasn't in it so I'm guessing he got some crap in spawn. I actually looked at his stats afterwards and it looks like he's maining Torb this season. 14 hours on him so far and his season peak was 3550 so he must be shutting a lot of people up.

Never on attack unless throwing/trolling. Plenty on defence, I play him a fair bit on defence. Hanamura, Hollywood's first point, Numbani first point and last point are where he's pretty good. Can keep Tracer and Genji from getting too brazen. PharMercy is the bane of his existence though.

• Advertisement

Pharmacy has to be changed up either by stopping the sheer hang time pharrah has or increasing mercy's fly to x person time. It's rediculous even the lowest of low skilled people can use it and do pretty class. And I'm speaking as one of those low skilled pharrah people

When attacking Volskaya point B, a fair few times I've set up Tjorb's turret on the rotating platform, and Ulted as it crossed over the Point, while shooting in from the ground. Usually takes 2-4 players out. I'd only ever do this on Quickplay, but it's fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Nody wrote: »
    I'd agree; personally the best set to date in terms of costumes had to been Halloween imo.

I'd pay real money for the Zen one. I think it's great but I wasn't really playing during the time and never got it :( Hate all the other 'whacky' Zen skins.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Some shameful shít.

Ha, that's nothing, I won a game with a Sym one trick on my team. ON ROUTE 66. To be honest we rolled enemy team on attack but couldn't defend (obviously because sym is pointless on that map). Eventually won in 4th round in overtime having pushed the cart all the way to the second cap point. I'm actually really enjoying how varied comps can be these days.

On another more sour note, while in spawn waiting for a game to start yesterday there was mic chat on what comp we should go with. A girl (german maybe?) asked our torb, who was scottish if he would kindly repeat something he had just said over chat. His mic was very scratchy and his accent was pretty thick. Very loudly he replied, "WHY, DOES IT MAKE YOU WET LOVE". There was a pause where nobody said anything and then the discussion continued. Not sure if people understood what he said because of his accent or if they did, they decided to ignore him, the girl in question certainly didn't seem to react to it. I reported him but what an awful comment to have thrown at you, completely out of the blue. Not sure what you lot think but comments like that are abhorrent.

I watch a few overwatch streamers and if their chat hears a girl in mic everyone freaks out going " omg a grill", and god help them if they main mercy. Nothing like seeing a chat of 2.3k boys going "what a sh*t mercy main, what a b*tch".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I would expect nothing less from voice chat in any game at this stage

Reached level 20 😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Sight808 wrote: »
    On another more sour note, while in spawn waiting for a game to start yesterday there was mic chat on what comp we should go with. A girl (german maybe?) asked our torb, who was scottish if he would kindly repeat something he had just said over chat. His mic was very scratchy and his accent was pretty thick. Very loudly he replied, "WHY, DOES IT MAKE YOU WET LOVE". There was a pause where nobody said anything and then the discussion continued. Not sure if people understood what he said because of his accent or if they did, they decided to ignore him, the girl in question certainly didn't seem to react to it. I reported him but what an awful comment to have thrown at you, completely out of the blue. Not sure what you lot think but comments like that are abhorrent.

I watch a few overwatch streamers and if their chat hears a girl in mic everyone freaks out going " omg a grill", and god help them if they main mercy. Nothing like seeing a chat of 2.3k boys going "what a sh*t mercy main, what a b*tch".

Amen, that **** is so tiresome and makes gamers look awful. Embarrassed whenever i see/hear it.

Also like Grayditch mentioned above the occasional attack Torb on B Volskaya is great fun. I've yet to try it in comp though!

I wouldn't blame girls for not going near this game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I may just have had enough of soloing. For every game I geta good team who understand what it going on, I get another game where the Mercy doesn't heal and the Bastion who refuses to turn into a turret.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Sight808 wrote:

That seems pretty standard ****e you'd hear in random solo queue comp to be honest.
    It's stupid anyway but I don't see how it's suddenly abhorrent because it's a girl.

Not condoning it mind you it's stupid either way.

Girls get infinitly more bull**** than guys when it comes to games like this. Add in creepy sexual bull**** for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

jcd5971 wrote: »
    That seems pretty standard ****e you'd hear in random solo queue comp to be honest.
    It's stupid anyway but I don't see how it's suddenly abhorrent because it's a girl.

Not condoning it mind you it's stupid either way.

It's because she IS a girl that she is getting comments thrown at her and how sexually aggressive the abuse is.

Not aimed at you, but a lot of people seem to pass off these comments as "just the ususal stuff that happens in game" when it just isn't. You'd never see that happen to a guy who asks a question in game, or i haven't anyway.

Also the guy in question didn't seem like a kid either, not an excuse but a grown adult should well, be an adult imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

A good ole "God, I'm embarrassed for you" comment rarely goes astray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Sight808 wrote:
    Not aimed at you, but a lot of people seem to pass off these comments as "just the ususal stuff that happens in game" when it just isn't. You'd never see that happen to a guy who asks a question in game, or i haven't anyway.

I get that, and clearly he is an assbile of some magnitude to say that, it's just I think guys like him will spew **** no matter who is asking questions.

Also overwatch is fairly toxic anyway.

Then again im not a woman so I am mostly ignorant to what they have to put up with.

I hate Oasis lately. I'm finally giving Zenyata a proper go in QP these days though and enjoying him a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sight808 wrote: »

First rule of Twitch: do not read the chat.

Use Livestreamer & you'll never see it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I hate Oasis lately. I'm finally giving Zenyata a proper go in QP these days though and enjoying him a lot.

My one tip for Zen is, if you can't hit them, charge up.

Decimating Genji, Pharah and Tracer with 5 Orbs the second the hit the ground works better than hitting 3 of 10 when they're bopping about with things like "mobility" or "DPS"

My one tip for Zen is, if you can't hit them, charge up.

Decimating Genji, Pharah and Tracer with 5 Orbs the second the hit the ground works better than hitting 3 of 10 when they're bopping about with things like "mobility" or "DPS"

I was successful with a few charge hits when they were peaking out, alright. The hitbox seems real generous on it. The most trouble so far I have is landing the orb on the most in need teammates clumped together.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I was successful with a few charge hits when they were peaking out, alright. The hitbox seems real generous on it. The most trouble so far I have is landing the orb on the most in need teammates clumped together.

Turn down the aim assist for the Harmony Orb.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Turn down the aim assist for the Harmony Orb.

Grand, I'll try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Same goes for any Team mate buffing thingy. Zarya bubbles, Mercy Beam etc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

39 games played so far this season on PC
    24 wins
    14 lost
    1 tied

currently sitting on mid platinum, playing support mainly, mercy,lucio and zen.

8 hours played ,probably the longest ive played in any season, lets see how long it lasts before i tire of the toxic community once again.

Trap Mined a Tracer 3 times within the first minute on Dorado. Once right outside spawn, then just under the stairs on the left of spawn, then at the top of those stairs.

No awareness!

I'm not good at a lot of things, but one thing I'm good at is headshotting a Genji with a mine within a second of seeing him. And I'll never get tired of it.

Not a good feeling when he reflects it and you instinctively detonate it in your own face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Just perfect.

Round 3, point at 96% (winning)

Fvcking Virgin Internet cuts out!! :mad::mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement