Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I am a mcree main i am warning you, then plays hanzo ....both win % under 30% good job asshole

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

J. Marston wrote: »
    Trap Mined a Tracer 3 times within the first minute on Dorado. Once right outside spawn, then just under the stairs on the left of spawn, then at the top of those stairs.

No awareness!

Underrated tactic this. Excellent way to boost your ultimate quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I seem to have awful trouble moving past 2599. Every single time it leaves me so close to it and then puts me on a bad team for 3 games...

So last night I'm at 2570 and we absolutely ruin the other team and I do quite well, it gives me 24sr? So now once again I sit at 259x and I know for a fact it'll put me on a bogey team next game. :pac:

Maybe I'm imagining it, but I think I'll start documenting it, because it's getting weird at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Grayditch wrote: »
    I seem to have awful trouble moving past 2599. Every single time it leaves me so close to it and then puts me on a bad team for 3 games...

So last night I'm at 2570 and we absolutely ruin the other team and I do quite well, it gives me 24sr? So now once again I sit at 259x and I know for a fact it'll put me on a bogey team next game. :pac:

Maybe I'm imagining it, but I think I'll start documenting it, because it's getting weird at this rate.

Im in a similar boat, cant break past the 2690 mark and for similar reasons. TBH I just think plat is more toxic, in silver/gold people were just bad and weren't picking counters or focusing, in plat people are a little better but will pick whatever they want

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Gave it a shot on PC last night, game runs smooter but getting used to KB&M is hard. Not so much the mouse aiming, I can adapt the that, but I don't think I can effectively use WASD for movement tbh. It's ok until I need to move backwards and then I'm just mashing keys :o

• Advertisement

Sight808 wrote: »
    Im in a similar boat, cant break past the 2690 mark and for similar reasons. TBH I just think plat is more toxic, in silver/gold people were just bad and weren't picking counters or focusing, in plat people are a little better but will pick whatever they want

Yeah, the higher I make it, the better the games are. Slipping is so dangerous because it can be so hard to get back when you're on teams with bad picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Gave it a shot on PC last night, game runs smooter but getting used to KB&M is hard. Not so much the mouse aiming, I can adapt the that, but I don't think I can effectively use WASD for movement tbh. It's ok until I need to move backwards and then I'm just mashing keys :o
    There's a decent amount of players who used to put forward on Right Mouse, so that they could have 3 fingers ready for Left/Back/Right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Didn't play Overwatch much in the last 2 seasons.
    Got back into it about 2 weeks ago and did placements for this season.
    Won 9/10 ....got put BARELY into gold at 2010 KR

Would anyone be interested in playing on PC over the weekend?

I'm rank 289 on Console and generally 2200 -> 2600 in Rank (usually ~ 2200ish). Only Rank 5 on PC now after getting it started last night.
    I mainly play non-twitch heroes (Genji, McCree, Hanzo, Widow) anyway so won't be too hampered moving to PC (I hope), almost none of my Top heroes in QP on Comp on Console have been Hit-Scan anyway.
    I mainly play: Tanks, Pharah, Healer, Symettra or Bastion

Anyone I did play add on Battle.net before was for Starcraft 2 so I cleared the friends list out cause I'll never play the MP in that ever again anyway.
    Obviously cannot do Competitive for a while (hope the Double XP weekend will help that) but happy to play Arcade or PTR or QP

Stats (on console): https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/psn/global/GenericDreadhead
    Heroes (on console): https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/psn/global/GenericDreadhead/heroes

Obviously the Meta and such are very different on PC, but just adding that stuff for background (Widow is non-event on Console, was getting Wrecked by her last night on PC)

My Battlenet is Generic#21300

Finally made it over 2600 and was smashed back down with 4 straight losses. Still feels good to have a new career high.

• Advertisement

just had a game where i had 58 kills, 18 deaths, 34 obj kills 2 mins on point, and top damage, yet reaper is the problem despite a guy picking attack torb all game....

the logic in this community

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

just had a game where i had 58 kills, 18 deaths, 34 obj kills 2 mins on point, and top damage, yet reaper is the problem despite a guy picking attack torb all game....

the logic in this community

I can get Gold kills/damage any game I want - however, are you actually assisting your team in winning team fights/pushes?
    This isn't CoD.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I can get Gold kills/damage any game I want - however, are you actually assisting your team in winning team fights/pushes?
    This isn't CoD.

The classic Junkrat "I had Gold Damage dealt" defence :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Anyone follow the compe scene?

Shame to see Defran get banned from season 5 and all the Blizzard events but his behaviour was unacceptable and he deserved it. He'll be a big miss and it looks like career over.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Has the double XP event started yet?

Has the double XP event started yet?

Yes, at 1am last night

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Shame to see Defran get banned from season 5 and all the Blizzard events but his behaviour was unacceptable and he deserved it. He'll be a big miss and it looks like career over.

What they get banned for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

won 4 placment matches lost 6.. got a mei trolling 2 ****ing games in a row walling us in spawn and putting up walls to block our ults etc.
    same player in both games, i hate there is no reporting on console.

lost 1 game because a person decided to be a baby,and changed hero every 5 secs while moaning about being forced into picking their main ?\_(ツ)_/?.
    other 3 loses where legit loses.

2310 was my season 3 high finishing 1962.
    2715 was my season 4 high finishing at 2156.

overall tho I played well on a personal level and set a few personal records on different heros. so figure meh maybe low gold placment, maybe even 19something.

finished at ****ing 1670!!..... 1670 what the actual ****, thats the lowest i've ever been at in the entire history of playing. beyond pissed off. upto 1885 as of now but **** that was genuinely disappointing.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What they get banned for?

For 2 days, he streamed himself throwing games in Comp.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/6g4q85/disciplinary_action_dafran_overwatch_contenders/dingmb0/?utm_content=permalink&utm_medium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=Overwatch
    • He has been throwing games for the last two day's on his alt account with the intention of dropping from GM to Plat so he could 'wreck Plat scrubs".
    • Played torb, built turrets in spawn then fed while covering about 80% of his screen with anime games, nature documentaries and youtube videos.
    • Actively encouraged his 2000 twitch viewers to queue into competitive and throw games, called his plan Overwatch ISIS.
    • Encouraged his viewers to stream snipe another very popular twitch streamer Kephrii, join his matches and throw.
    • Here's what he had to say about his behavior on twitter "I honestly do not give a **** what happens to me and my ****ing career, you can all go **** yourselves" though he went on to say it was affecting his org and teammates and had decided to stop throwing in competitive

what a ****, hopefully he gets a full ip based perma ban so he cant come back.
    community is toxic enough without that crap

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    finished at ****ing 1670!!..... 1670 what the actual ****, thats the lowest i've ever been at in the entire history of playing. beyond pissed off. upto 1885 as of now but **** that was genuinely disappointing.

Same boat here. I ended up at 2000.
    Combination of an abysmal team performance for the 1st 3 placement matches, maybe having our rank "overstated" last season and just bad luck.
    Tbh, you'll climb out of that fairly handy, I'm confident I wont be too hard to pushed to get back around ~2,250.
    Gimme a shout later sure

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    This isn't CoD.

34 objective kills, 2 mins on point, which was bronze, so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I don't, but I assume Korea are miles ahead of everyone else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

won 4 placment matches lost 6.. got a mei trolling 2 ****ing games in a row walling us in spawn and putting up walls to block our ults etc.
    same player in both games, i hate there is no reporting on console.

lost 1 game because a person decided to be a baby,and changed hero every 5 secs while moaning about being forced into picking their main ?\_(ツ)_/?.
    other 3 loses where legit loses.

2310 was my season 3 high finishing 1962.
    2715 was my season 4 high finishing at 2156.

overall tho I played well on a personal level and set a few personal records on different heros. so figure meh maybe low gold placment, maybe even 19something.

You've finished each season really low compared to your season high in the last two seasons. Especially season 4, that was a huge difference.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You've finished really low compared to your season high in the last two seasons. Especially season 4, that was a huge difference.

yeah i made a great mid season rally and gota beenfit of teaming up witha godly tracer for about 6 matches so took full advantage of win streaks lol

if im being brutally honest with myself im not 2700 level player id say im high gold-barely plat. but im consistent there. the placments this season was a bit of a shock

Same boat here. I ended up at 2000.
    Combination of an abysmal team performance for the 1st 3 placement matches, maybe having our rank "overstated" last season and just bad luck.
    Tbh, you'll climb out of that fairly handy, I'm confident I wont be too hard to pushed to get back around ~2,250.
    Gimme a shout later sure

yep im on all evening cant log of stuck in low silver...ugh

yeah i made a great mid season rally and gota beenfit of teaming up witha godly tracer for about 6 matches so took full advantage of win streaks lol

if im being brutally honest with myself im not 2700 level player id say im high gold-barely plat. but im consistent there. the placments this season was a bit of a shock

I was the opposite last season, really comfortable at 2650-2700 and lost a few games and getting low SR after the assist change made me fall to 2200ish but got back up to 2400ish before season end.

I placed 2319 this season but up to 2598 after 20 games.

Had a guy today give a Dorado defence McCree dogs abuse on the mic before the game. Have to say I wasn't into the idea myself but I always like to give it time. He was decent but nothing special and failed to protect Mercy (guy complaining) prompting a sarcastic "THANKS MCCREE" from yer man.

A few mins later he deadeyed 5 enemies winning the round. I jumped on the mic sand said THANKS MCCREE. Someone else did the same. Then the guy playing McCree jumps on and says THANKS MCREE.

I laughed. A lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Got Lucios new skin and a load of dance emotes.
    Can now choose to sit or dance while waiting for spawn doors to open, Overwatch 10/10 game. :D

• Advertisement

Got Lucios new skin and a load of dance emotes.
    Can now choose to sit or dance while waiting for spawn doors to open, Overwatch 10/10 game. :D

I'll be buying that before the event is over. As a Lucio main I do need it after all :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement