Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I got the Blackhart Skin for Reinhart.

Too bad i'm terrible at him....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Really wanted the Zarya event skin, couldn't justify the 3000 for it though, ended up buying 4 dances instead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thats mad id take a nice skin before 100 dances all day long, its not a dancing game :)

I bought the tracer,soldier and zarya event skins and was lucky to get the dva and symetra ones drop in loot box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I looted The Lucio, Mei, Zarya, Pharah from crates and Tracer one twice :(

I was saving the credits until the end of the event where i said ill buy the Soldier76 one, but changed my mind to get the Hanzo one instead, which i regretted.

Overall not bad, it seemed they increase the drop chances for the yellows for the event, which was nice as 3k to buy a skin is nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Dcully wrote: »
    Thats mad id take a nice skin before 100 dances all day long, its not a dancing game :)

"It ain't no fashion show either"
    Icon-reaper.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I'm just happy I got the Winston dance.

He's finally viable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Think I spent around 6k on dances (got most of 'em and all I care to get at least) and must have gotten at least 3 copies of Bastion's Dune Buggy (which I refuse to use as it's ugly and prefer Woodbot anyway) and picked up several other legendary skins (inc. Tracer but prefer Punk).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dcully wrote: »

I bought the tracer,soldier and zarya event skins and was lucky to get the dva and symetra ones drop in loot box.

But you need to dance if you do something POTG worthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

J. Marston wrote: »
    But you need to dance if you do something POTG worthy!

Or when waiting in spawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

slightly off the coesmetic, dance-y talk but is anyone playing sombra atm? I've really liked her as a character and her play style since she came out but she didn't seem that viable and since the start of the season I'm seeing lots of genji,hanzo,soldier,dva and winston,zen, mercy picks (in plat anyway)

With the nerfs to hog and zarya not that great I might start giving her a go in comp soon, (im pouring loads of hours into tracer too), so does anyone play her regularly and at what level. She can be a bit tricky in terms of priotiry hacks/dps and since I'm a tank main I will have to cool my "charge in and engage" plays style.

any advice, pro players to check (not codey)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Zarya not that great?

A buzzing Zarya is for me, the scariest thing in OW.

Is she not rated at higher levels

Zarya not that great?

A buzzing Zarya is for me, the scariest thing in OW.

Is she not rated at higher levels

Im mid plat atm and with all the flank-y characters she isn't great a getting consistent high energy, she's still my go to tank (bubble wiston, phara, tracer) and some maps are better than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sight808 wrote: »
    slightly off the coesmetic, dance-y talk but is anyone playing sombra atm? I've really liked her as a character and her play style since she came out but she didn't seem that viable and since the start of the season I'm seeing lots of genji,hanzo,soldier,dva and winston,zen, mercy picks (in plat anyway)

With the nerfs to hog and zarya not that great I might start giving her a go in comp soon, (im pouring loads of hours into tracer too), so does anyone play her regularly and at what level. She can be a bit tricky in terms of priotiry hacks/dps and since I'm a tank main I will have to cool my "charge in and engage" plays style.

any advice, pro players to check (not codey)?
    I find Sombra best on Defense & King of the Hill maps.
    My playstyle is: hack 2 healthpacks, drop a teleporter, then find out which tank is engaging my team in battle.
    Hack the tank, fire a clip into them for the ult charge, teleport out, drop new teleporter.
    Stealth to their healer/2nd tank, hack, fire, get out, hack health pack...

...this is assuming I don't mess it up & get one-shot :pac:

Thinking of tanks, avoid Winston/Zarya unless they're at far range, their weapons/shields stop a hack way too easily. Better to use Ult.

And get on mic to call out low-HP/hacked targets.

This match is good to watch:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I find Sombra best on Defense & King of the Hill maps.
    My playstyle is: hack 2 healthpacks, drop a teleporter, then find out which tank is engaging my team in battle.
    Hack the tank, fire a clip into them for the ult charge, teleport out, drop new teleporter.
    Stealth to their healer/2nd tank, hack, fire, get out, hack health pack...

...this is assuming I don't mess it up & get one-shot :pac:

Thinking of tanks, avoid Winston/Zarya unless they're at far range, their weapons/shields stop a hack way too easily. Better to use Ult.

And get on mic to call out low-HP/hacked targets.

This match is good to watch:

Cool I'll start her up tonight.

I'm giving up comp for a while, there's only suck much I can take of a winston on attack who jumps at a rein and orisa at the choke on point a instead of jumping past... 3 minutes of that... absolute garabage

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I don't have the reactions to play Sombra properly, but taking Rein's shield down is such a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Zarya not that great?

Don't mind them. In the right hands she's God-Tier and almost always a reliable utility/peeler tank in good hands. In a 2 tank composition it's hard to argue you should not pick her, especially with Roadhog falling out of the Meta

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't mind them. In the right hands she's God-Tier and almost always a reliable utility/peeler tank in good hands. In a 2 tank composition it's hard to argue you should not pick her, especially with Roadhog falling out of the Meta

DVA and Winston are very popular at the minute to go with the Rein.

Winston because he's very good at taking out Tracer and Genji and DVA because she can just eat a Solider or Pharah ult.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

emmetkenny wrote: »
    DVA and Winston are very popular at the minute to go with the Rein.

Winston because he's very good at taking out Tracer and Genji and DVA because she can just eat a Solider or Pharah ult.

I should have been clearer, I was assuming Rhein & Zarya (Deathball?) would be one combo and Winston & Zarya (Dive Comp?) would be the other. But Dive Comp would lean towards Dva & Winston I just think Zarya compliments Winston better cause of her Range and Utility more than Dva.

Then again, I'm partial cause I play her a sh!t tonne

I play a lot of Pharah, I genuinely don't rate Dva as a counter to her, I don't have issues with her. Now maybe I'm a good Pharah and I'm coming across bad Dvas but I just wait out or bait her defense matrix

I should have been clearer, I was assuming Rhein & Zarya (Deathball?) would be one combo and Winston & Zarya (Dive Comp?) would be the other. But Dive Comp would lean towards Dva & Winston I just think Zarya compliments Winston better cause of her Range and Utility more than Dva.

Then again, I'm partial cause I play her a sh!t tonne

I play a lot of Pharah, I genuinely don't rate Dva as a counter to her, I don't have issues with her. Now maybe I'm a good Pharah and I'm coming across bad Dvas but I just wait out or bait her defense matrix

I prefer Zarya and Zen if I'm playing Winston but you'll see DVA more often. DVA will dive in and eat the damage while Winston deals damage. Winston drops his bubble and both fly/jump back out.

If a decent DVA is constantly flying up into your face as Pharah you'll spend to much time dodging her and loose a load of time you should have been outputting damage.

When we come across a Pharah or Pharmacy combo I'll Discord, our DVA flies up and Solider shoots (usually kills one of them). Works about 80% of the time and you'll either kill the Pharah or the Mercy or chase them off for a few moments.

Best game of my life just there.
    They pushed us really hard on points 1 & 2 (Route 66), on point 3... I don't know what happened.

The Pharah gods just made me unkillable.
    27 streak, 55% accuracy, and their team had Roadhog, Hanzo, Ana & Soldier.
    PY2D7TC.png

• Advertisement

And just after I posted that, I decided to try a Comp game.
    Doing well.

Got disconnected from server FFS :mad:

I've had so many troll games this season, out of the 25 I've played 8 have had proper trolls in them. Compare that with the 6 troll games in over 250 games in Season 4.

Whatever about SR what I really dislike about it is how much of a waste of time it becomes.

I've had so many troll games this season, out of the 25 I've played 8 have had proper trolls in them. Compare that with the 6 troll games in over 250 games in Season 4.

Whatever about SR what I really dislike about it is how much of a waste of time it becomes.

In the last few nights I've played if we break a choke or take the first point in the first push then a member of the other team leaves. It's happened five times since Saturday.

The leaver is usually in a group and it looks like one guy is taking the loss to stop his buddies loosing. It's extremely frustrating having the game cancelled.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    In the last few nights I've played if we break a choke or take the first point in the first push then a member of the other team leaves. It's happened five times since Saturday.

The leaver is usually in a group and it looks like one guy is taking the loss to stop his buddies loosing. It's extremely frustrating having the game cancelled.

You mean within the first 30 seconds?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You mean within the first 30 seconds?

Yup. Smashed through the choke, got 3 or 4 picks and jumped on the point. Then someone quits.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I hate, hate, hate Ilios. Anytime I'm on a good run, I get a match there where it's almost a guaranteed loss. Awful map.

I hate, hate, hate Ilios. Anytime I'm on a good run, I get a match there where it's almost a guaranteed loss. Awful map.

I feel the same way about Oasis. I do like Ilios though, loads of boop spots for Lucio :)

Ilios is my map! I love it. In fact, because I usually hog or zarya all koth maps are pretty much wins for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Ilios is my map! I love it. In fact, because I usually hog or zarya all koth maps are pretty much wins for me.

The hog changes have not gone live yet I noticed. Are they likely for Tuesday I wonder?

• Advertisement

I'd a game on Ilios last night where we smashed the first two rounds 100-0 each. Then for some strange reason my five teammates all decide to play DPS. I'm solo healing with Lucio and we end up loosing 3-2. I had to switch off after that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement