Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'd a game on Ilios last night where we smashed the first two rounds 100-0 each. Then for some strange reason my five teammates all decide to play DPS. I'm solo healing with Lucio and we end up loosing 3-2. I had to switch off after that.

This annoys me greatly,

We were attacking in Dorado last night and the guys all decided to run defensive with Bastion/Widow and Thorbjorn.

Absolutely no movement on the payload for bloody ages until i swapped to Soldier 76

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Nothing like your team getting complaicant. It happens all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Grayditch wrote: »
    Nothing like your team getting complaicant. It happens all the time.

I've won more matches from 2-0 down than I have from 2-0 up. There's nothing like impending defeat to really focus the mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

fixxxer wrote: »
    I've won more matches from 2-0 down than I have from 2-0.

Well that isn't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Zillah wrote: »
    Well that isn't true.

Isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

The hog changes have not gone live yet I noticed. Are they likely for Tuesday I wonder?

afaik! He can still one shot as long as you combo and he still deals a truck load of damage, thinking about he may be better able to deal with the current way people play the game but I still think it's a massive nerf that will see me drop him, as there are better dps ( I know he's classed as a tank but he isn't really) available. Having great fun with tracer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Isn't it?

how would you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Sight808 wrote: »
    afaik! He can still one shot as long as you combo and he still deals a truck load of damage, thinking about he may be better able to deal with the current way people play the game but I still think it's a massive nerf that will see me drop him, as there are better dps ( I know he's classed as a tank but he isn't really) available. Having great fun with tracer

wont till the new map patch

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Lost 2 rounds in a row when we were up 99%
    How TF does that even happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Lost 2 rounds in a row when we were up 99%
    How TF does that even happen...

Because the game cheats you. Personally I feel that spawn times should be standardised.

Also I guess sometimes a team changes up the comp and it makes the difference in the last push and the defending team doesn't adapt to it.

• Advertisement

Because the game cheats you. Personally I feel that spawn times should be standardised.

Also I guess sometimes a team changes up the comp and it makes the difference in the last push and the defending team doesn't adapt to it.

no it shouldnt, if the whole enemy team is taking hanemoura point b your defending team should be punished for not defending the point 4 steps away

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Placement rank 1876 so up 300 from previous season placements. Time to play my standard 5 to 10 games, hit gold and not play until the next comp season :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Really benefited from the group up last night for placement matches, thanks again lads. Most enjoyable games I've had in a good while.

I missed our nice team comp dearly when I squeezed in another placement this morning before work - solo healer to 5 DPS, who kept insisting on chasing kills all around the map instead of sticking to point B Hanamura and f*cking defending it. There's only so many times I could say "Could someone maybe think about switching to a tank?" before resigning myself to it and just sighing. Managed to scrape a draw at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Three times now this season I've been two wins away from Masters only for losing streaks to hit each time.

Incredibly frustrating.

Edit: And now Ilios again. Fúck off!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

J. Marston wrote: »
    Three times now this season I've been two wins away from Masters only for losing streaks to hit each time.

Incredibly frustrating.

How can you be a master if you're defeated by a map? ;)

Incredibly frustrating.

I always enjoy your season updates Marston.

What is the thought process of people who run into 6v1 situations?

They're leaving spawn, see their teammates are wiped. Wait and group up? Naw, run in on their own like a fúcking dope and die again.

What is the thought process of people who run into 6v1 situations?

They're leaving spawn, see their teammates are wiped. Wait and group up? Naw, run in on their own like a fúcking dope and die again.

I agree the opnly time i will 6 v 1 is if its overtime and need to extend or if im flanking, my team are about to bust through and DB is ready, goodbye healers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'd have to say I'd take people going into 6v1 over forcing OT as Mercy because D.Va won't touch the point.

I do think there are genuinely a lot of people who just don't grasp the most basic concept of teamwork after years of playing single player or COD/BF solo.

You really can't depend on random people to not frustrate the hell out of you.

Have you managed to break/hold Masters for a season yet J.?

I do think there are genuinely a lot of people who just don't grasp the most basic concept of teamwork after years of playing single player or COD/BF solo.

?

^^ This. It didn't change from silver to plat

• Advertisement

2622 - 2280

2622 - 2280

lol... I was playing drunk the other night and dropped from 2660ish to I think sub 2500.... Ahem.... I shall have to repair that damage shortly.

I do ok when I've had a few. I was just on tragic teams for ages. You have to stop caring about SR at that point.

2622 - 2280

ufftt

2204 now. No sign of being on the winning team soon, even by accident :pac:

I do ok when I've had a few. I was just on tragic teams for ages. You have to stop caring about SR at that point.

Yeah I was well past the alcohol performance gain curve :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Cheers for the games last night lads. Some difference playing with a full team than with a group of randoms who play without mics. Might take a while to get used to, but it's a welcome change. :pac:

I'd have to say I'd take people going into 6v1 over forcing OT as Mercy because D.Va won't touch the point.

Have you managed to break/hold Masters for a season yet J.?

Never held it for a season. Just broke into it for a short while by one-tricking with Mercy.

I'm not chasing it anymore, too frustrating.

Edit: Just had a game on Hanamura where we stormed past them on the first push and they had someone leave immediately so the game was abandoned but they joined back in before the defeat screen so I assume they bypass the ban that way, yeah?

I recorded it anyway and I'm reporting it whenever we get that report feature. Fúcking hate cheaters.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Never held it for a season. Just broke into it for a short while by one-tricking with Mercy.

I'm not chasing it anymore, too frustrating.

Edit: Just had a game on Hanamura where we stormed passed them on the first push and they had someone leave immediately so the game was abandoned but they joined back in before the defeat screen so I assume they bypass the ban that way, yeah?

I recorded it anyway and I'm reporting it whenever we get that report feature. Fúcking hate cheaters.

If he rejoined I'd say it was a connection issue rather than quiting. Why would you quit and rejoin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

emmetkenny wrote:
    If he rejoined I'd say it was a connection issue rather than quiting. Why would you quit and rejoin?

If someone leaves in first minute? Match is cancelled no sr changes for either team, however the leaver gets a loss of Sr and a another loss of extra Sr as a leavers penalty.

If he can join back before the match ends, he avoids the leaver penalty, and therefore all penalties as the match he has rejoined is in the process of being abandoned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement