Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jcd5971 wrote: »
    If someone leaves in first minute? Match is cancelled no sr changes for either team, however the leaver gets a loss of Sr and a another loss of extra Sr as a leavers penalty.

If he can join back before the match ends, he avoids the leaver penalty, and therefore all penalties as the match he has rejoined is in the process of being abandoned.

But if you quit it doesn't give you the option to rejoin does it? I've never quit a game early so I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

emmetkenny wrote:
    But if you quit it doesn't give you the option to rejoin does it? I've never quit a game early so I'm not sure.

Yep does was grabbing tea last season and timed out , joined back as match finished no sr lost

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

First min - Match definitely cancelled with no chance of rejoin. I'm not saying it can't happen, but that's definitely the standard.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Yep does was grabbing tea last season and timed out , joined back as match finished no sr lost

But timing out isn't the same as leaving. I thought if you went to options and quit once your on the main menu there's no rejoin options. Maybe I'm miles off!!

emmetkenny wrote:
    But timing out isn't the same as leaving. I thought if you went to options and quit once your on the main menu there's no rejoin options. Maybe I'm miles off!!

You could be right as I said was timed out I've never quit a comp game and don't plan to either lol

• Advertisement

The unrelenting horrorshow that is 2200 and below...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I just quit a comp game there and I don't regret it. Very narrowly lost the first round, a couple of team mates start whining at each other and throwing immediately as if we got steam rolled. I went to the shop and got pizza and beer instead.

My season is already over, unfortunately. There's no getting out of this hole. Might use the time to really nail down another carachter in QP which could work out better in the long run, as I did hit a career high already this season, so it's not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Grayditch wrote: »
    My season is already over, unfortunately. There's no getting out of this hole. Might use the time to really nail down another carachter in QP which could work out better in the long run, as I did hit a career high already this season, so it's not all bad.

The problem with that plan is that your starting season rank seems to be heavily reliant on your previous season rank (defeating the purpose of the placement matches imo).

That doesn't really surprise me to hear, to be honest. I wish it all worked differently, but sure...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

They need to do a clean wipe tbh, I kinda give up trying to get backl, When your team plays attack torb hanzo and widow you really dont feel like trying to slog through yellow hell

The lower you slip, the harder it is to climb. I'm not really too bothered at this stage, but it's a shame. No offence to a to anyone around the 2100-2300 mark, but I'm just not used to the inexplicable things people do.

The next logical step would be to play with a group only, but you know yerself it's not always convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Placements are utterly pointless. If I stay in Diamond this season, I could throw my 10 placement matches next season and I bet I'd still end up in Diamond.

Just had two brilliant games with D.Va. 77 kills, 8 deaths and 7 out of 8 gold medals. I really should play her more, checked my stats and in each of the last 3 seasons, she's the hero I've had the highest KDR with.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I finished last season at 2400, went 2-1-7 in my placements this season and got 2360.

Seems like it's mostly just inconsequential ****e, which is dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Quick few games this morning before work.

Hanamura, first point attack. We roll the team easy enough. Second point, they stall our frist attack and then go with some crazy picks.. no healer and no tank.

This is start of our defence

wi36f8.jpg

Platinum is absolutely terrible for this kind of carry on, so much worse than what happened in Gold. It's like the higher you climb the more childish the players get.

Sight808 wrote: »
    Quick few games this morning before work.

Hanamura, first point attack. We roll the team easy enough. Second point, they stall our frist attack and then go with some crazy picks.. no healer and no tank.

This is start of our defence

wi36f8.jpg

Platinum is absolutely terrible for this kind of carry on, so much worse than what happened in Gold. It's like the higher you climb the more childish the players get.

Your team doesn't look too bad. Yes there is no Reinhard or Orisa but you should still be able to hold, just not right at the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Your team doesn't look too bad. Yes there is no Reinhard or Orisa but you should still be able to hold, just not right at the gate.

oh no we won, easily. What I am saying is the enemy team had two leavers after the first round, they just gave up. Weren't even a duo stack.

I jut find that this happens an awful lot in Plat. I've been noting leavers in games since season 3 and while we aren't a month into S5 the rate of leavers seems to have tripled. It's a constant.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I finished last season at 2400, went 2-1-7 in my placements this season and got 2360.

I finished last season at 2054 (27-21-6).

Went 2-8-0 in placements (should've been 3-7-0 but my ISP borked my net at 2am) yet I placed 2262.

Sight808 wrote: »
    oh no we won, easily. What I am saying is the enemy team had two leavers after the first round, they just gave up. Weren't even a duo stack.

I jut find that this happens an awful lot in Plat. I've been noting leavers in games since season 3 and while we aren't a month into S5 the rate of leavers seems to have tripled. It's a constant.

Ah sorry I thought you said your team comp was crap :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I don't see why you can't just have to do 10 placements the very 1st season you play Comp, and if they need to have them in seasons after that, surely 5 games would be sufficient when factoring in your last seasons high and ending rank also

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I don't see why you can't just have to do 10 placements the very 1st season you play Comp, and if they need to have them in seasons after that, surely 5 games would be sufficient when factoring in your last seasons high and ending rank also

I don't see the issue really. My comp placements for season 3 & 4 were around 1550ish and for this season is 1876ish. Just shows how much improvement i made with mercy :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I don't see the issue really. My comp placements for season 3 & 4 were around 1550ish and for this season is 1876ish. Just shows how much improvement i made with mercy :P

I just think 10 matches every single season is too much busy work having done a grand total of 50 of them now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I just think 10 matches every single season is too much busy work having done a grand total of 50 of them now

Ah yeah but I only do my 10 placements, then 10 to get gold and retire. So this season I am hoping to only do 5 now to get to gold :P
    Although it is mad to do 10 each time I would imagine they done it so people could main different chars in each season and kind of work out then which is better for them.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Ah yeah but I only do my 10 placements, then 10 to get gold and retire. So this season I am hoping to only do 5 now to get to gold :P
    Although it is mad to do 10 each time I would imagine they done it so people could main different chars in each season and kind of work out then which is better for them.

Generally speaking I've "mained" a different hero each season and it's made f**k all difference to me. If the 10 placement matches alone determind your rank, fair enough. But like 80%+ of it is determined by the season before.

Generally speaking I've "mained" a different hero each season and it's made f**k all difference to me. If the 10 placement matches alone determind your rank, fair enough. But like 80%+ of it is determined by the season before.

I only have 1 comp player..... so its all consistent for me :P

I think he was on about the leavers on the other team, or am I wrong?

Edit nevermind seen you answered already my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think maybe placements hold no sway over rank, at all. They might be just Blizzard's way of doing warm-up games for the new season under the pretence of them actually being important.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Here's the problem. I can only solo cue, so I hit a season high, then the slide happens and I'm down 400. I am a low plat player, evidenced by making it two seasons in a row. One bad slide and I started gold. A bad few games then I'm in low gold. Next season I rank silver. How am I expected to get back up, not good enough to carry a full team but end the game as do usually with a 4-1or so kd , medal object kills, medal in damage and medal in time on obj. Yet my individual performance doesn't matter as when my team loses we all lose the same sr. Really makes you go meh

• Advertisement

I've just had REALLY bad luck this season. I took loads of breaks to try stop the slide, but nothing seemed to stop the 400 plus drop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement