Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Grayditch wrote: »
    I've just had REALLY bad luck this season. I took loads of breaks to try stop the slide, but nothing seemed to stop the 400 plus drop.

You ain't getting back I'm afraid to say without a team. You'll just be sitting there win loss win loss

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Here's the problem. I can only solo cue, so I hit a season high, then the slide happens and I'm down 400. I am a low plat player, evidenced by making it two seasons in a row. One bad slide and I started gold. A bad few games then I'm in low gold. Next season I rank silver. How am I expected to get back up, not good enough to carry a full team but end the game as do usually with a 4-1or so kd , medal object kills, medal in damage and medal in time on obj. Yet my individual performance doesn't matter as when my team loses we all lose the same sr. Really makes you go meh

The bolded bit isn't true, I mainly play duo stack with a mate, he's way higher than me so I'm playing out of my depth.

Most wins, I gain 28-40 since I switched to Winny/Zen. Most losses, I lose 15-24.

Its the opposite for him, he'll struggle to pick up 25 for a win, but will lose 28-30 easily.

So while we both have very similar streaks, I'm pretty much consistently (very slowly) climbing once we keep a 1:1 W/L going, while he'll drop 60-70 in the streak.

Someone told me when I was whinging a few pages back, it compares your stats to other people playing your hero at your level, so if you're keeping a 1:1 W/L but still dropping, you need a new hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

so if you're keeping a 1:1 W/L but still dropping, you need a new hero.

I've said similar to this to some of the guys on PS4 before

I've similar this to some of the guys on PS4 before

Yes Generic :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Or if you want more SR per win just go Mercy :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

You ain't getting back I'm afraid to say without a team. You'll just be sitting there win loss win loss

Ah, it is what it is. My problem now in QuickPlay is that I'm being matched with much lower ranked players seemingly, so I'm getting a really bad frame of reference with how good I am with Tracer. Because I'm NOT good with Tracer.

Words are hard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

jcd5971 wrote:
    won 4 placment matches lost 6.. got a mei trolling 2 ****ing games in a row walling us in spawn and putting up walls to block our ults etc. same player in both games, i hate there is no reporting on console.

jcd5971 wrote:
    2310 was my season 3 high finishing 1962. 2715 was my season 4 high finishing at 2156.

jcd5971 wrote:
    finished at ****ing 1670!!..... 1670 what the actual ****, thats the lowest i've ever been at in the entire history of playing. beyond pissed off. upto 1885 as of now but **** that was genuinely disappointing.

Placements must have some impact going by them figures.

Any way up to 2200 now, play a few games with dudeeile,generic,totz etc on PS4 a few nights a week, but mainly solo.

1600-1800 was simple, I was obviously too good to be at that Sr and actually carried a nice few games.

1800-1900 was manageable enough, as long as team was not very bad we'd win.

1900-2000 very dependent on team comp, Hanzo picks by guys with no game sense to use him firing scatter arrows into rein shield/hog utterly pointless, also most junkrat and symetras at this rank are terrible.

2000-2100 pharah is boss here, so is a good rein, other players just not skilled enough to hurt you/takes too long to finally drop them etc.

2100-2200 starting to realise this is where I probably belong, finding matches ending in overtime way more and koth usually 3-2 with last round d 99-99.
    My soldier k/d is now down to around 3.0 per game as well.

Solo queue is horrible though so so so so much toxic feckers

The bolded bit isn't true, I mainly play duo stack with a mate, he's way higher than me so I'm playing out of my depth.

Most wins, I gain 28-40 since I switched to Winny/Zen. Most losses, I lose 15-24.

Its the opposite for him, he'll struggle to pick up 25 for a win, but will lose 28-30 easily.

So while we both have very similar streaks, I'm pretty much consistently (very slowly) climbing once we keep a 1:1 W/L going, while he'll drop 60-70 in the streak.

Someone told me when I was whinging a few pages back, it compares your stats to other people playing your hero at your level, so if you're keeping a 1:1 W/L but still dropping, you need a new hero.
    I have reaper, soldier,pharrah, torb, dva,rein winston and anna, A lot of core and then reaper, those are ones id be fairly confident of holding my own with, tracer in a bind.

Weekdays: "I'm never playing without a team again"
    Friday Night: "Sure the 2 of us cam jump into Comp for a bit will we?"

• Advertisement

also if he is way higher, you are playing higher ranks and he is playing lower, so he gets punished harder for losses where you dont as you are playing above your level

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Or if you want more SR per win just go Mercy :P

You keep getting there first in the group :pac:

fixxxer wrote: »

We win more when he plays Mercy tbf

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

fixxxer wrote: »

Not my fault, I joined on a comp and the lads asked me to mercy and I have just stuck with it.

All i wanted was to main a hanzo :'(

Like if you cried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

jonnycivic wrote:
    Not my fault, I joined on a comp and the lads asked me to mercy and I have just stuck with it.

jonnycivic wrote:

jonnycivic wrote:
    Like if you cried.

You bollix face only do placements and about 3 more actual matches every season, should be banned from the thread 😀

jcd5971 wrote: »
    You bollix face only do placements and about 3 more actual matches every season, should be banned from the thread 😀

No no I do about 10 matches a season. Sure yis are holding me back with the losses :P

also if he is way higher, you are playing higher ranks and he is playing lower, so he gets punished harder for losses where you dont as you are playing above your level

But a net gain of over 200 despite a 16-19 record? I lost the same amount last season with a slightly worse record playing with the same guy, and great streaks with the lads here. All that's changed is the heroes I play.

All I'm trying to say is while you might be good with a hero, you're probably better with someone else you just haven't discovered.

you're probably better with someone else you just haven't discovered.

This has been the story of my Overwatch experience season on season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

jonnycivic wrote: »

Like if you cried.

Next time I'll Widowmaker and you Hanzo. It will be beautiful.

At least Widow has a helpful Ult

• Advertisement

At least Widow has a helpful Ult

Hanzos ult is very helpful.......... in telling you where to avoid :P

Actually his ult is grand if used correctly like the time hanzo launched it into our spawn as we were running out in comp last season.

Even a stopped clock is correct twice a day...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yesterday I decided to play D:VA for a change and I ended up somehow dominating most of my matches. I was fed up and switched to her after a bad run with my more common picks(usually soldier, lucio, rein or orisa depending on comp) and said **** it I'll give D:VA in this match for something different (I had played a reasonable amount as her on Xbox). I threw caution to the wind and went super aggressive pushing in behind enemy lines and focusing on their mercy, pushing people out from behind shields etc and flat out bullying their pharah. I ended up on gold elims and had 13 self destruct kills from 6 self destructs. i stuck with her for the evening and did similarly well in quite a few matches.

I was pretty delighted with myself. The impending inevitable losing streak will be hard to take.

Hit a low of 2093. Really tried to raise the Sr by playing out of my skin with Lucio, but to no avail. Team after team split into 6 groups of 1 :pac:

So I played 3 games with Mercy and won all three. There might be a way back, but as has been said in this thread a lot, it'll be a thankless task.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wouldn't say it's thankless really. Mercy's get their asses kissed a lot!

I just find her a very boring, passive character. If there's a big team fight with ults up on both sides, a lot of the time you'll have to hide rather than actually heal/boost.

I don't play her anymore even though she's probably my best bet of getting masters again. Lucio and Zen are the only healers I play now. Can't snipe so I don't play Ana.

You might be right. 6/6 wins now and I've been getting a lot of votes. Feels good.

Some of these Res decisions will haunt me though, I think.

Have yet to complete my 10 placements. I used to be addicted to this game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Somehow lost 200SR last night, even though I tried hard to win and in most games and would have been Gold in damage and kills for most of em too.
    But there's always one numpty sniping at the back who can't hit anything and it just feels like 5v6 especially when trying to cap a point.

I'm honestly at a loss as to what I can do to climb anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Somehow lost 200SR last night, even though I tried hard to win and in most games and would have been Gold in damage and kills for most of em too.
    But there's always one numpty sniping at the back who can't hit anything and it just feels like 5v6 especially when trying to cap a point.

I'm honestly at a loss as to what I can do to climb anymore.

Moving back to Ireland is probably your best bet :pac:

It's bad enough trying to gain SR here. Can't imagine the pain it is in Korea

• Advertisement

Managed to win a game we went 5v6 in. Took the first point in overtime, won round, and had a disconnect.

Next round, lose point and are at 0-83 and a decent Zarya and Mercy ult caps the point. At about 30-83 our teammate rejoins, obviously amazed and we ride out the round pretty handy.

Clean next round 6v5.

It was nice to cap and hold a man down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement