Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What's Mei's pick rate like at other tiers? In Diamond, I think she's the only character that I've noticed so far this season that is almost extinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

J. Marston wrote: »
    What's Mei's pick rate like at other tiers? In Diamond, I think she's the only character that I've noticed so far this season that is almost extinct.

shes too slow now with dive comp, too many angles to hit her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I see her occasionally at the Silver/Gold border. About as rare as Winston.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

She's around a lot on Plat. Mostly on choke points but you get the odd looper who's picking her on attack for Route66 -____-

Rein isn't around much anymore which makes games great fun but defending 50x harder on choke points.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I see her a lot in Silver. I was trying to harass a team's back line as D:VA last night but the Mei and Ana stuck together like glue. Ana would sleep me then Mei would freeze me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Yeah she has slipped away a bit this season hasn't she?

Struggling to find my groove in OW at the moment, can't get in the mood for Comp but a lot the QP games just feel too throw-away.

Arcade is keeping me going in short bursts though, have to say the Elimination Lockout games a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

J. Marston wrote:

Can't speak to diamond but, I've mained Mei most of overwatch as high as mid plat to low silver. She's my most played hero by a bit, anyway she's hard to use this season, she pairs well with a tank especially zarya, as poor genji can't deflect either and meis freeze slows him and tracer enough to make them an easy yarget.

Big issue is dive comp, she's very slow, so your always late to a team fight or worse as ya have no tank for support, your a sitting duck for a good pharah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

What does everyone think of the Roadhogg nerf? Doesn't feel too bad so far from playing him. The rate of fire on his secondary is nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

madcabbage wrote: »
    What does everyone think of the Roadhogg nerf? Doesn't feel too bad so far from playing him. The rate of fire on his secondary is nuts!

Tough to tell exactly right now, the speed and extra clip has thrown my rhythm off. My initial impressions are he's gone as a flanker. Despite the hitbox reduction he's still easily over run and the reduced gun damage really shows in those situations. I had a couple of games where My Roadhog, a Reinhardt and a soldier stuck together so the shield would protect us while i dragged them in and soldier would ping them the whole way. That worked very well.

So I'd guess that defending chokes he could still work depending on team comp, but he wont be useful in most other situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I'm like fixxer, I had all his timings down to a T, how much ammo I had..when I should dodge when reloading, counting down the hook and not looking. I like his fire rate and a lot and long distant or mid range power is still there but it's kind of pointless having a hook if it takes 2/3 shots to down someone when they are point blank. His hitbox reduction is pointless too as he can still get rolled, it doesn't make him any more durable, he's the size of rein and as wide as dva.

I understand why he was nerfed but he's going to drop down in my pick rate in terms of tanks, he's too slow and way less durable.

Love the new map btw, the layout of the first point on defence is really confusing though. Remids me of old quake 2 maps!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wouldn't say it's thankless really. Mercy's get their asses kissed a lot!

I just find her a very boring, passive character. If there's a big team fight with ults up on both sides, a lot of the time you'll have to hide rather than actually heal/boost.

I don't play her anymore even though she's probably my best bet of getting masters again. Lucio and Zen are the only healers I play now. Can't snipe so I don't play Ana.

Mercy's best attribute is her L1 - Fly to ability, its gets you out of dodge pretty dam quickly and if the entire enemy team are focusing on you they are going to die quickly. We had one last night it took ages to get to the point, 40 odd seconds left and in we go to take the point, a few of the team die and im now on the point solo with all of them looking at me with that grin...... so i grinned back, hit a res and when the team got up the enemies were dead and the point was ours :P
    So 1 draw and 2 wins later im at 1897 SR, only 7 more games to go :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Mercy's best attribute is her L1 - Fly to ability, its gets you out of dodge pretty dam quickly and if the entire enemy team are focusing on you they are going to die quickly. We had one last night it took ages to get to the point, 40 odd seconds left and in we go to take the point, a few of the team die and im now on the point solo with all of them looking at me with that grin...... so i grinned back, hit a res and when the team got up the enemies were dead and the point was ours :P
    So 1 draw and 2 wins later im at 1897 SR, only 7 more games to go :P

Mercy L1 is handy if your team is spread out well. What usually happens is either your team is all grouped up in a bunch or everyone is spread out out of range and your stuck. Your so slow yourself your going to be killed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Mercy L1 is handy if your team is spread out well. What usually happens is either your team is all grouped up in a bunch or everyone is spread out out of range and your stuck. Your so slow yourself your going to be killed.

Thats very true but thats where your tank comes into it, last night Dudeeile was Winston/Rein and I recall during one match me and him murdering things and a tracer kept at me. He just murdered the other teams mercy as I was flapping about damage boosting. He threw his shield up just as I was about to die and it saved my ass giving me time to heal while he ran after the bully's and took care of them :P

The amount of mercy's I have seen that don't use the L1 often enough is nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've played Mercy for 2 days straight now and the L1 is great. Have to remember to let go of who I'm healing first before I bolt, or it will drag me backwards instead of to safety.

I wish othe carachters on roofs would make themselves visible to your line of sight while they spam "I Need Healing".

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Thats very true but thats where your tank comes into it, last night Dudeeile was Winston/Rein and I recall during one match me and him murdering things and a tracer kept at me. He just murdered the other teams mercy as I was flapping about damage boosting. He threw his shield up just as I was about to die and it saved my ass giving me time to heal while he ran after the bully's and took care of them :P

The amount of mercy's I have seen that don't use the L1 often enough is nuts.

It's easy in a group but solo and you'll be a sitting duck. I played her a good bit last night and on two occasions I didn't even get to Res anybody :pac:

Grayditch wrote: »
    I've played Mercy for 2 days straight now and the L1 is great. Have to remember to let go of who I'm healing first before I bolt, or it will drag me backwards instead of to safety.

You can change that in the options. It was the first thing I did. I think it was 'Guardian Angel to Locked Target' or something like that. If you change it, it is quite a bit harder to follow a Pharah around.

It's easy in a group but solo and you'll be a sitting duck. I played her a good bit last night and on two occasions I didn't even get to Res anybody :pac:

Well that would depend on if your team is using comms or not in fairness. Most don't so yeah its a hard ask been a solo mercy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

jonnycivic wrote:
    Well that would depend on if your team is using comms or not in fairness. Most don't so yeah its a hard ask been a solo mercy.

Solo mercy=sneaky mercy

You can change that in the options. It was the first thing I did. I think it was 'Guardian Angel to Locked Target' or something like that. If you change it, it is quite a bit harder to follow a Pharah around.

I'll give it a go. It's probabay fine the way I have it and it's a case of remembering. The biggest problem I'm having is Tracers / Sombra / Reapers making it their job to torment me for the whole match which is their jobs. I've asked for more protection but I got silence.

I'll give it a go. It's probabay fine the way I have it and it's a case of remembering. The biggest problem I'm having is Tracers / Sombra / Reapers making it their job to torment me for the whole match which is their jobs. I've asked for more protection but I got silence.

I was in a six stack last night on Lijang Tower. I was Lucio and another guy was Zen, the others were Winston, Tracer, DVa and Pharah.

The other team had a Tracer and she ended with 60+ kills. I died 15 times and 12 of those were from the Tracer. Zen was kill 11 times by her.

Our Winston and Tracer were gold and silver for kills and I was bronze. After we get team wiped a second time (because Tracer pulse bombed me and Zen) the Pharah pipes up on coms "That's why we need a Mercy". No Pharah if you did your f**king job and killed a few people then your healers wouldn't be getting smashed everytime a fight broke out and you'd still be alive.

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Solo mercy=sneaky mercy

And sneaky = good :P

Yeah, I've had a couple of Pharahs get on the mic and say "Ok Mercy you stick with me" to which I reply "If you're good".

The main thing that's blown my mind with Mercy is the people going 1v6. You can see it way more as Mercy. We take the point and one person will inevitably spawn push alone.

I am still in the absolute gutter rank though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

MY reaper is back, averaging 50-60 odd kills a game all day since yday

That new map seems good, but I cannot get my head around it yet. Will that be introduced into the regular games?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That new map seems good, but I cannot get my head around it yet. Will that be introduced into the regular games?

I thought I saw on reddit it will be added to regular rotation after a week.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I thought I saw on reddit it will be added to regular rotation after a week.

Ah right. I look forward to Orisa pulling an entire team out of Point A :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I like the new hog.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I really wish they'd tone down Reaper's and Sombra's voicelines for their abilities.

Stealth abilities with "DEATH COMES!" or "HERE I AM!" voice cues aren't especially useful. I'd turn up the noise of the ability a little and lose the voicelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I really wish they'd tone down Reaper's and Sombra's voicelines for their abilities.

Stealth abilities with "DEATH COMES!" or "HERE I AM!" voice cues aren't especially useful. I'd turn up the noise of the ability a little and lose the voicelines.
    I agree for Sombra but I don't think Reaper is really a stealth character.
    Shadowstep is just to allow you to cover the ground in open spaces quickly so you don't get riddled while you're out of shotgun range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I was in a six stack last night on Lijang Tower. I was Lucio and another guy was Zen, the others were Winston, Tracer, DVa and Pharah.

The other team had a Tracer and she ended with 60+ kills. I died 15 times and 12 of those were from the Tracer. Zen was kill 11 times by her.

Our Winston and Tracer were gold and silver for kills and I was bronze. After we get team wiped a second time (because Tracer pulse bombed me and Zen) the Pharah pipes up on coms "That's why we need a Mercy". No Pharah if you did your f**king job and killed a few people then your healers wouldn't be getting smashed everytime a fight broke out and you'd still be alive.
    Hunting Tracer with Pharah is tough as balls; you need to get a direct hit AND a punch/indirect to kill her before she can recall; and hope that you can remember where she started blinking while you're being shot by their snipers/McCree/Soldier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement