Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Hunting Tracer with Pharah is tough as balls; you need to get a direct hit AND a punch/indirect to kill her before she can recall; and hope that you can remember where she started blinking while you're being shot by their snipers/McCree/Soldier.

He wasn't hitting anything that's the problem. He was playing poorly but he wanted a Mercy instead of the Lucio whereas he should have been switching to Solider/Mcree.

They had Rein, Winston, Genji, Tracer, Anna and Lucio. Our Pharah was barely been shot at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I like the new hog.

yNlQWRM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

First ever 4x res. Feels good after making a few bad res decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

fixxxer wrote: »
    yNlQWRM.jpg

i acually like it, not just cos im a reaper main, but it made no sense that a tank could pull you from 21m, insta kill you then heal himself up 300 if needed.

i acually like it, not just cos im a reaper main, but it made no sense that a tank could pull you from 21m, insta kill you then heal himself up 300 if needed.

I was hoping it was going to be something I missed about his new style of play. Ah well.

• Advertisement

Well the new map just appeared in Comp and we got stomped. Absolute no clue what to do on it, so I'll have to duck out to QP until I know it.

I was hoping it was going to be something I missed about his new style of play. Ah well.

HIS JOB IS WHAT IT SHOULD ALWAYS OF BEEN, HOOK PEOPLE INTO YOUR TEam and then team punish him, sorry caps!

But he could do too much for one char som,ething had to go

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

MY reaper is back, averaging 50-60 odd kills a game all day since yday

Are you climbing? ;)
    Grayditch wrote: »
    I wish othe carachters on roofs would make themselves visible to your line of sight while they spam "I Need Healing".

I absolutely hate this, I play Ana a bit in QP, D. VA's half the map away spamming at me.

"Yes I know you need healing, you're so big I can't miss, but for ****s sake get somewhere I can see you"

Are you climbing? ;)

I absolutely hate this, I play Ana a bit in QP, D. VA's half the map away spamming at me.

"Yes I know you need healing, you're so big I can't miss, but for ****s sake get somewhere I can see you"

yeah up about 350 since patch

I think is appropriate :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Grayditch wrote: »
    Well the new map just appeared in Comp and we got stomped. Absolute no clue what to do on it, so I'll have to duck out to QP until I know it.

They really should just have the map on repeat in QP for a week or two for all new games..

Also, if you go into Arcade, the 6v6 lockout appears to be on the horizon map, so may get a swing of things running that mode for a bit.

I think is appropriate :)

yup same when a winston comes a running at you!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I am so fúcking sick of PharMercy.

95% of games, both teams, defence and attack, payload or control, those two wasters will be flying through the air.

yup same when a winston comes a running at you!

I was just starting to get good at shield dancing :(

Still couldn't beat Reaper's but I could 1v1 D.Va and Hog pretty well.

Anyone played Winston against Hog since the patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J. Marston wrote: »

95% of games, both teams, defence and attack, payload or control, those two wasters will be flying through the air.

Mcree is really strong against them now that his ult locks on so quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

J. Marston wrote: »

As a Pharah main:

e07.jpg

Reaper is fun again

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Tried hog in rank post patch and he's completely useless, in mid plat at least. I'm just getting rolled and I'm not even going off flanking. Not only is hog still a massive ultimate feed for enemy team but 1 v 1s are a pot luck if I survive because dps and tanks know the hook and decreased damage output are useless. I can't even one-shot a tracer anymore and zen is even more terrifying. There's just to many hard counters to hog now I'm actually going to drop him in comp play. I know, take some HP off a target, then hook them and melee and then shoot again if I need, but why would I bother picking a hero requiring that level of coordination (mechanically or relying on team support) to finish an enemy off when I can pick someone who can do better job with less effort. Reaper..tracer..soldier etc.

It seems blizzard didn't like the idea of people getting one shot , it can be frustrating at the lower ranks, I used it to punish people who had bad positioning. If there's a road on the enemy team and he isn't dead and not in front of you (with the enemy team) then he's on your side or behind you, but most players ignore what's going on and imo should get punished for it if someone can exploit it. Hog was a bully and punished the other team for mistakes.

Picking hog was a trade off, if you're not getting hooks or picks you're just feeding enemy ult or dying all the time. He might still be viable in silver or mid gold but higher up the teams are that bit better and the chAnges render him useless.

I'm going to miss hooking phara out if the sky, the the ulting genji and the flying witch mercy.. sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm exaggerating here but vanity whinge. Wreck everything with Zenyatta, gold dmg gold elims. Post match board and it'll mention like transcendence healing or some such bollox.

Sight808 wrote: »

Picking hog was a trade off, if you're not getting hooks or picks you're just feeding enemy ult or dying all the time. He might still be viable in silver or mid gold but higher up the teams are that bit better and the chAnges render him useless.

I'm going to miss hooking phara out if the sky, the the ulting genji and the flying witch mercy.. sigh

I spent more time last night playing as him and nah, he's gone now. I get that people didn't like getting hooked but this is too much. I think having played as Roadhog, a lot of hooks are due to enemy players having tunnel vision when they play, only looking right in front of them. After playing Roadhog, I now spend more time having little looks around when I can to see who's there and who's sneaking around. As it is now, there's no reason to pick him. His play style requires a level of team cohesion you don't get outside of a 4/6 stack.

• Advertisement

I'm exaggerating here but vanity whinge. Wreck everything with Zenyatta, gold dmg gold elims. Post match board and it'll mention like transcendence healing or some such bollox.

I hate when it picks a stat that nobody really acknowledges.

I spent more time last night playing as him and nah, he's gone now. I get that people didn't like getting hooked but this is too much. I think having played as Roadhog, a lot of hooks are due to enemy players having tunnel vision when they play, only looking right in front of them. After playing Roadhog, I now spend more time having little looks around when I can to see who's there and who's sneaking around. As it is now, there's no reason to pick him. His play style requires a level of team cohesion you don't get outside of a 4/6 stack.

According to reddit he's been nerfed due to Silver/Gold/Plat scrubs whining because "1hko is bull****", having never played Hog so never really learned his counters. I'd probably agree with them.

His best tank counter is Zarya imo, her being the most mechanically challenging tank probably doesn't help people hating him.

D.Va is probably going to become a bit more popular as she's the only tank that can really counter Bastion now too, Roadhog was a dream for that.

I'll probably still pick him on Ilios for cheeky well drops though.

his throwable hook hook goes further than most guns and guarantees a kill. Never made sense to me, Repers shotguns go 11m before a massive damage drop, I can bebhind a rein 20 m away, rein firestriikes and i get hooked a mile away into instant death, for a full year.

his throwable hook hook goes further than most guns and guarantees a kill. Never made sense to me, Repers shotguns go 11m before a massive damage drop, I can bebhind a rein 20 m away, rein firestriikes and i get hooked a mile away into instant death, for a full year.

I could go on about all the ways there were to counter hog... But I won't. He's gone. I'll do my mourning and carry on. Probably pick mei and Ice wall my team into spawn out of spite for a bit.

I never exit the same door as Mei. Ever.

I could go on about all the ways there were to counter hog... But I won't. He's gone. I'll do my mourning and carry on. Probably pick mei and Ice wall my team into spawn out of spite for a bit.

Yes his name is reaper and he was always supposed to be the counter to tanks. Except they nerfed him out of relevance by nerfing nano

Tell me this people, are there PSN Overwatch Chat bots?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tell me this people, are there PSN Overwatch Chat bots?

What do you mean?

jonnycivic wrote: »
    What do you mean?

Getting messages from an American lady who is on spring break and just wants to meet new friends and talk about overwatch. Like, out of nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Getting messages from an American lady who is on spring break and just wants to meet new friends and talk about overwatch. Like, out of nowhere.

Ah yeah thats one of those cam girl things. I seen it on facebook earlier in the Bungie/Destiny group. people are been spammed non stop the last week or so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement