Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Lot of people annoyed at Gamespot atm, for being idiots.
    Posted a video comparing PS4 to PC...but deliberately set PC to low settings

I know it says gameplay, but the game is the same gameplay.

Saw that this morning actually, it's absolutely hysterical. The best part is that they must have intentionally set the graphics down to low to get that quality, so this whole fiasco was done on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I feel like ever since I hit Level 25 or so, I've been teamed up with gombeens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I had a great couple of matches today. No problems like I had yesterday, so that's reassuring.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Links234 wrote: »
    I'm having a bad time.

When I tried the open beta, I was amazed that I was actually really enjoying a PVP game for once, that the community playing Overwatch were really cool. I don't know if things got toxic in general, or I just had extremely bad luck with some groups I was running into, but tonight was frustrating beyond belief. First it was a pair of Mei griefers who walled us inside our starting area, they were abusive as hell, then left after a while, leaving us ****ed for the game. I kept running into groups where people were being really abusive, but I kept playing because I wanted to have a couple of games that I actually enjoyed instead, but that didn't happen. Tonight really, really soured me on the game. Nothing sucks the fun out of a game more than a toxic playerbase, and I was seriously enjoying the game up until today.

I hear ya.I'm finding it more toxic than any online game I've played in a few years .easily 50-60% of games Ive played were toxic.really amazing game but the community so far has been poor in my experience .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

froog wrote: »
    i've had loads of games now where i'm literally the only one moving the payload the entire game. everyone else just running around looking for kills.

anyone with high objective time at the end gets my vote now.

Play Reinhardt.

Best tank for Payload by far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

froog wrote: »
    true enough. but time is so limited in payload, if someone sees an opportunity to move it safely they should. i see people running right past it with seconds left.

ah yeah last few seconds or if your the only player.

As a reaper player, it disgusts me when i get 4-5 kills and the rest of my team not pushing the objective etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I was dubious about this because I've never played a Blizzard game before (they've never done anything that appealed to me) but a friend was raving about it so I took the plunge and it's really enjoyable. Scratches an itch I had for an accessible shooter that you can just jump into for a quick game, but with great mechanics and still plenty of depth.

I've only played with about 5 characters so far (having a lot of fun with Tracer), and they're all wonderfully different. I'm actually looking forward to getting to grips with all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just on that video. Is the PC definitely set to low?

It looks a way worse on my laptop on low settings.

Edit: Why is this blowing up now? The video was published at the end of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

So I saw somebody with a star under their portrait this evening and was wondering what it was. So here's a leveling guide.Mild spoilers ahead!

http://www.overpwn.com/news/152-trac...oval-drama-all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

So I saw somebody with a star under their portrait this evening and was wondering what it was. So here's a leveling guide.Mild spoilers ahead!

http://www.overpwn.com/news/152-trac...oval-drama-all

Wasn't spoiled for me....link doesn't work properly :P

Not found
    We were unable to find the page or file you were looking for.

• Advertisement

The game is going to be balanced differently on pc and console. That's disappointing. Apparently its because Widowmaker and McCree are way more powerful with a mouse to aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

So Blizz has already permanently banned thousands of accounts for hacking. This is good news. Not the cheapest of games so I'm happy to think these pr*cks will have to shell out again for a new account and still apparently risk being banned again.

The game is going to be balanced differently on pc and console. That's disappointing. Apparently its because Widowmaker and McCree are way more powerful with a mouse to aim.

Glorious pc master race etc etc etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Why is it disappointing? If something is OP on a given system I'm happy if they bring it in balance; this way we don't end up getting nerfs on one system relating to issues on another and leaving classes weaker than they need to be on that specific system.

Some of these trophies are borked.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Game will be regularly balanced on PC anyway. Its another attempt at blizz to penetrate the esports market.

already on launch there is a number of weekly events

As mentioned before, why is it disappointing ? It makes perfect sense.
    The game and champions play completely different on consoles vrs PC.

Wasn't spoiled for me....link doesn't work properly :P

Not found
    We were unable to find the page or file you were looking for.

Hmm strange.... I got a link again so hopefully it works this time if not il upload pics of them. Suffice to say we will be playing for a while before we hit max rank :D

http://www.overpwn.com/news/152-tracers-over-the-shoulder-pose-removal-drama-all

• Registered Users Posts: 2 In Amber Clad

Add me on Xbox 1 im up for a bit of teamwork. BF4 background.

GT
    InAmberClad81

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Xbox one Garak001

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I just got a patch on PS4, anyone know what it was about? Was it just some background stuff or was there character changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I just got a patch on PS4, anyone know what it was about? Was it just some background stuff or was there character changes?

-Fixed connection bug when timing out on initial login
    -Fixed an issue with voice-chat that could lead to users loosing voice communications for the entirety of the game session

Hmm strange.... I got a link again so hopefully it works this time if not il upload pics of them. Suffice to say we will be playing for a while before we hit max rank :D

http://www.overpwn.com/news/152-tracers-over-the-shoulder-pose-removal-drama-all

Does it require more EXP to level up at higher levels ?
    Leveling after 25-26 seems to take a lot more EXP than 4-5.
    If this is exponential, then what is leveling from 100+ going to be like ?

I don't care about my level tbh, I just want to know how long till my next loot box :P

Does it require more EXP to level up at higher levels ?
    Leveling after 25-26 seems to take a lot more EXP than 4-5.
    If this is exponential, then what is leveling from 100+ going to be like ?

I don't care about my level tbh, I just want to know how long till my next loot box :P

I'd say it must be from the way its going it does take longer. I just can't understand the time some people have already put into it to get to those levels.

Its all about the loot! Wait until they start adding new skins though:(

I think every level after 23 requires a flat 22000 XP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

That's correct and you get 20% extra XP when you're in a group.

Level 1890 though....what's that about ?! :P
    Grayditch wrote: »
    I think every level after 23 requires a flat 22000 XP.

Ahh that's not too bad then, I think you average about 3-5k XP per game (assuming Quickplay - much less for bots)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm crap at this game. And yet it's still fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Btw this is something I hope they will fix asap because it's a tad silly to do headshots around corners on someone you can't see the model off...

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    Btw this is something I hope they will fix asap because it's a tad silly to do headshots around corners on someone you can't see the model off...

What the absolute f*ck? Esport my hole.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement