Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Ah yeah thats one of those cam girl things. I seen it on facebook earlier in the Bungie/Destiny group. people are been spammed non stop the last week or so.

Ah grand. I can report them guilt free so. Cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

fixxxer wrote: »
    Ah grand. I can report them guilt free so. Cheers.

Yeah some of the conversations were basically:

Woman: Hey x
    Gamer: Hi there, who are you?
    Woman: Oh sorry i randomly came across your profile on the psn and decided to add you because I like games.
    Gamer: Ok cool, well im currently playing if you would like to watch my stream @ jsdbfkjfdbnskdjbsdg.com
    Woman: Oh i love playing overwatch
    Gamer: Oh what char do you play as?
    Woman: Yeah its great fun
    etc
    etc
    etc
    etc
    etc

The easy way to spot them is to ask them a question about the game they say they play and normally they avoid answering it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Hot single overwatch players in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

For anyone else on PS4, is your analog stick extremely sensitive on the hero select screen? Everywhere else is normal but the select screen I find it scrolling through heroes automatically until I stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

J. Marston wrote: »
    For anyone else on PS4, is your analog stick extremely sensitive on the hero select screen? Everywhere else is normal but the select screen I find it scrolling through heroes automatically until I stop it.

That was the sign of the death of my last controller. I wrecked it with this game.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Grayditch wrote: »
    I've played Mercy for 2 days straight now and the L1 is great. Have to remember to let go of who I'm healing first before I bolt, or it will drag me backwards instead of to safety.

I wish othe carachters on roofs would make themselves visible to your line of sight while they spam "I Need Healing".

I assume L1 is Mercy's flying ability?

I only ever play Mercy and you have to use that ability flat out. Not even to just escape from danger, but when you're in a group of team mates flying between them makes it much harder for the enemies to focus on you.
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    It's easy in a group but solo and you'll be a sitting duck. I played her a good bit last night and on two occasions I didn't even get to Res anybody :pac:

Solo Mercy is hard alright. Random people generally have no interest in helping you stay alive by taking the heat off you. And then you die, and then 2 or 3 other people die cause there's no healing and people moan.

I think I'm really coming along with Mercy now. I'm enjoy mastering the top-up, just giving the each team mate a burst to keep them alive during a 3v3 / 4v4 battles that happen.

Im still atrocious with her ult. Picking the right time is tough. Usually I'm holding onto it for ages with one person dying here or there at different times and as soon as I use it, the perfect opportunity comes or I die when it's needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Im still atrocious with her ult. Picking the right time is tough. Usually I'm holding onto it for ages with one person dying here or there at different times and as soon as I use it, the perfect opportunity comes or I die when it's needed.

I'm always happy to solo rez a tank as long as you're not rezzing him/her into the middle of a firefight.

EDIT otherwise you hold onto it forever waiting constantly for the 'right' moment.

I think I'm really coming along with Mercy now. I'm enjoy mastering the top-up, just giving the each team mate a burst to keep them alive during a 3v3 / 4v4 battles that happen.

No point holding on to it really, use it soon after you get it because you can usually get it back again pretty fast.

Only time I will wait is if there is a team fight going on and I can see a few people are critical and you know you won't be able to keep up with healing. Or if you know the enemies must have a load of ults ready to go.

Other than that just use it, especially if you see a tank dead.

It also makes you invulnerable for a very short span, very useful for keeping yourself alive if you are near death.

Yeah 9 times out of 10 I'm raising two people, but there have been times where you do the math so to speak and raise a Rein and win the battle. Mostly I raise a tank and 3 people die right after. I'm sure the aul judgement will improve with more play.

• Advertisement

Tanks with ults > Tanks > DPS with ults > DPS. My general rule whenever I was faced with a rez dilemma.

Been maining Winston this season and Reaper is scary again. Even though he was supposed to be a hard counter to Winston before his buff, he was rarely seen and even when he was, he was a rarely a problem. Now though, different story. Dive comp is still popular so a lot of games are spent trying to hassle and damage while avoiding Reaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Tanks with ults > Tanks > DPS with ults > DPS. My general rule whenever I was faced with a rez dilemma.

Been maining Winston this season and Reaper is scary again. Even though he was supposed to be a hard counter to Winston before his buff, he was rarely seen and even when he was, he was a rarely a problem. Now though, different story. Dive comp is still popular so a lot of games are spent trying to hassle and damage while avoiding Reaper.

Dva is in bother too up close as wraith form lets reaper reload without giving dva free shots during reload

From a low of 2065 I got back to 2346 with some sweaty Lucio / Mercy performances. The games are starting to improve now. Back to the land of vicious tracers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I tend to hang on to the res towards the end of a game because you just know youll get a team res that will help you win so normally I dont use a res for the last 2 mins of a match due to this :) So basically use your ult whenever you have it up until approx 2 mins left.

It also depends if you're attacking or defending and whatever the current situation is.

For example on the new map on the second objective the defending team spawn pretty much right beside it so it's not the end of the world if you don't res a player and let them run back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Suddenly there are a lot of blood thirsty tracers around.

Nothing infuriates me more as having death blossom Dying while defending in point, dva gets demeched and Winstons bubble just popped, Res me I can clear, Res me, Res me, cue 2 more people dying, dva gets back in her mech then mercy fly's in to resume just as I reswpan

I don't think they thought this Reaper buff through. Its impossible to kill him if he lands a decent ult due to his vampire healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I don't think they thought this Reaper buff through. Its impossible to kill him if he lands a decent ult due to his vampire healing.

Lucio can boop him away, Mcree can flashbang, Sombra can Ult him, DVa can defence matrix him, Anna can nade him.

I don't think you need to kill him just get him away from the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lucio can boop him away, Mcree can flashbang, Sombra can Ult him, DVa can defence matrix him, Anna can nade him.

That's something I wish more people would realise, you don't need to be able to kill someone to counter them

• Advertisement

Yep. You have to be super aware when he ghost in, that he's probabay ready to ult, even though that's a terrible way to do so, I've caught lots out this week with a lucioboop.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

fixxxer wrote: »
    Suddenly there are a lot of blood thirsty tracers around.

They probably read the tier lists that put her at the top for DPS characters.

If a Lucio is facing away from me is the only time I'll do it, if that fecker is roaming around you ain't landing any shots! If Anna can made him she should sleep him instead. Nothing feels worse than die di....zzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I finally did placement games on my second account and placed 1739 after 7 losses and three wins.

Just played two comp games after, winning both and now I'm up to 1914. For the first win I got 86 SR and 89 SR for the second. I solo healed both games as Mercy with 17k and 19k healing on Nepal and Watchpoint. Nobody was even shooting at me and just let me heal away. It's a bit mad down here :pac:

On a losing streak of 3 games, the 4th had me on a team with players prestiged 2/4 times while the other team had a someone with one star. Some people don't put any stock in that kinda thing, but I know what team I'd rather be on if given the choice.

Anyway we mashed them in the first 30 seconds and one of them quit, ending the match. Really could have done with that win.

Depends what the one star's name was. Lots of smurfs have prestiged once or even twice now. Was just against a guy with two stars called "HanzoMain2001". I refuse to credit scatter arrow to good ability or play either no matter how many times he killed someone on our team with it. It is the most bullshít ability I've ever seen in a multiplayer game. It should be used to punish people in enclosed spaces but it's just aim at the ground and win.

It should do less damage per hit but ricochet around more times. That might be a better solution.

Someone juts left cancelling a match on the new map. Fair play to them ;)

Meta meta meta fúcking meta.

I'm sick of the crap you get if you pick anyone even slightly outside people's beloved meta. Almost wish I was at a lower tier where things are probably more chaotic and unpredictable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Meta meta meta fúcking meta.

I'm sick of the crap you get if you pick anyone even slightly outside people's beloved meta. Almost wish I was at a lower tier where things are probably more chaotic and unpredictable.

shut up symmetra one trick!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement