Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

J. Marston wrote: »
    Meta meta meta fúcking meta.

I'm sick of the crap you get if you pick anyone even slightly outside people's beloved meta. Almost wish I was at a lower tier where things are probably more chaotic and unpredictable.

Yeah it's annoying, most people don't join voice for they're going for an exotic pick, only joining it once they start to prove it can work

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

What's bad about that is someone screaming for a Mercy or Rein and someone inexperience picks them over a carachter they're good with.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

4 kill with Reaper's ult. "Helden Sterben Nicht!"

giphy.gif

POTG shows her crouching behind a wall for 10 seconds.

I hate her.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

One win out of seven matches with D:VA today. Had a 75% win rate with her this season before today :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    One win out of seven matches with D:VA today. Had a 75% win rate with her this season before today :-/

Did you face a few Zarya or Mei tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did you face a few Zarya or Mei tonight?

Seen a lot of Zarya alright, Mei not so much.

Seen a lot of Zarya alright, Mei not so much.

Zarya will just knock you out of your mech before you can get away. If I'm playing DVa and the other team switch to Zarya I'll just switch off DVa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

What is the meta now?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Benzino wrote: »
    What is the meta now?

depends on what rank your in, essentially it's the same as always apart from dopes at the start of a match going, " we need a rein".

Sight808 wrote: »
    depends on what rank your in, essentially it's the same as always apart from dopes at the start of a match going, " we need a rein".

Well I've been outta the game for a good while (thanks to Persona). Seems like it's zen, mercy, 2 of tracer/soldier/reaper/genji, and then Winston and D.va?

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »
    Well I've been outta the game for a good while (thanks to Persona). Seems like it's zen, mercy, 2 of tracer/soldier/reaper/genji, and then Winston and D.va?

Lucio, Mercy, Tracer, Solider (Reaper shortly), two tanks.

Lucio, Mercy, Tracer, Solider (Reaper shortly), two tanks.

Ah OK, no major change so. I have seen Winston a lot since I came back too Overwatch. Makes a nice change.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Won every single game today. Got back the 200 SR I lost previously.

Half the game we lost VERY quickly in the 1st half, but I guess it kind of united the team.
    First half people were widow or hanzos....then they changed to Rein or lucio...and we amazingly won :P

The new map is awful. I haven't played a single game where a team has managed to hold the first point and probably 80% of teams take the second point.

Stupidly favoured towards attackers.

The new map is awful. I haven't played a single game where a team has managed to hold the first point and probably 80% of teams take the second point.

Stupidly favoured towards attackers.

I've played it once on Comp and neither team could take Point A. Torb and Symetra were wrecking on it and as soon as you moved onto the point you were shredded.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I like it a lot, Mei is savage on Defense, found Zen and Zarya pretty good going either way.

I'd have to agree its pretty attack balanced though.

It's nice to have a map that's a little in favour for the attacker.

Lost every single game today, just can't play on a Sunday. It's utterly impossible.

I clawed my way to a season high today after that awful run yesterday, getting close to gold now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I've played it once on Comp and neither team could take Point A. Torb and Symetra were wrecking on it and as soon as you moved onto the point you were shredded.

Didn't even realise it was in Comp rotation already. Don't they usually wait a week before adding new maps?

Actually, that might be new heroes I'm thinking of

• Advertisement

Don't think the game wants me to make gold, only got 13SR for my last win after getting 4 gold medals :-/

Don't think the game wants me to make gold, only got 13SR for my last win after getting 4 gold medals :-/

Your SR is calculated off your stats when compared to other players around your SR. If your Mercy at 1950 and the average person heals 10k and you do 8k then the system thinks you haven't done as well as other Mercy's at your SR so rewards you less.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

2696sr for my first ever ranking, am I amazing?

IvoryTower wrote: »
    2696sr for my first ever ranking, am I amazing?

A decent start. You'll see a lot of complaining, throwers, solo tanks and solo healers at that rank. You'll also get people who will refuse to change even if they are getting countered hard on their hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Tbf I probably wouldn't change either so it seems I'm in the right place

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Tbf I probably wouldn't change either so it seems I'm in the right place

You have to learn to change hero if it isn't working.

There's no point you playing Tracer if the enemy has a Winston who jumps on you every time he sees you and kills you. You won't help the team if your stubborn.

I consider myself a good Winston but I dread Tracer. You have to get close to hurt her but her pistols can melt you pretty quick at that range and when you do hurt her, 9/10 she'll have recall. All Winston does is stop her becoming too cocky.

I consider myself a good Winston but I dread Tracer. You have to get close to hurt her but her pistols can melt you pretty quick at that range and when you do hurt her, 9/10 she'll have recall. All Winston does is stop her becoming too cocky.

Winston is there to kill squishes. You should be killing her if you start the fight at full health in a 1v1.

Winston is there to kill squishes. You should be killing her if you start the fight at full health in a 1v1.

If she's going to lose the fight, she can very easily get away.

• Advertisement

If she's going to lose the fight, she can very easily get away.

If she runs away or you've killed her you've done your job. In the time she's wasted fighting and then running from you she could have easily killed your support and gotten an advantage for her team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement