Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Winston is there to kill squishes. You should be killing her if you start the fight at full health in a 1v1.

She shoots you and dashes off.
    You jump after her and get a bit of an attack in.
    She just dashes again or recalls....your jump is still on cooldown and your left hopping after her until it comes up again...by which time she probably has 3 dashes and a recall up again herself.

Only stupid Tracers will die to Winston by standing in his range.

Winston is good for taking out squishys with LOW mobility.I don't know where the idea of a 'Tracer killing machine' came from. He's great for Genji though...as Genji's dash also has a long cooldown.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Winston is there to kill squishes. You should be killing her if you start the fight at full health in a 1v1.

1 Blink and she's out of your effective range, so you either leave your Bubble and get shot, or try to kill her - which takes 2.5 seconds of continuous fire (60dps), during which time she'll probably Recall.
    Winston can only fire his gun for 5 seconds, so next engagement you WILL have to reload... and then her DPS has killed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Tracer and Winston are an unusual duo since they're both a nuisance to each other but Tracer does have the edge.

I've heard "Sorry big guy!" on both ends to know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Anyone else having connection issues over the weekend? Not sure if it was OW or just my internet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Made Gold :D then plummetted back down :( so now to claw my way back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Made Gold :D then plummetted back down :( so now to claw my way back up.

I'm up to 2136 after 9 games on my second account after placing at 1739. I've played Mercy in all those games bar one and I've won 8, drew 1 and lost 1 all solo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'm up to 2136 after 9 games on my second account after placing at 1739. I've played Mercy in all those games bar one and I've won 8, drew 1 and lost 1 all solo.

Mercy with heals over 8k seem to give better rank. I think I will give solo a bash this week at some point in comp just to see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

is that 2136 gold? or how does it work? how much more do you need to get the next rank up?

IvoryTower wrote: »
    is that 2136 gold? or how does it work? how much more do you need to get the next rank up?

2136 is gold, I think the next step up is 2500.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think the next is 2500 for Platinum.

• Advertisement

so if i have 2696sr, what do i need to get to gold

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lose a bunch of games :D You're already in Platinum, did you think you were Silver? The badges do look similar.

lol i assumed sr means silver, so how high does this go and is there another level? my friends have still yet to get to level 25 so ill probably play their 10 comp games as well, that wont be pretty.

2696Sr? Or 2696 in coins?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bronze
    Silver
    Gold
    Platinum
    Diamond
    Master
    Grandmaster
    Top 500

Has anyone here actually reached GM or Top 500? The games at that level must be crazy.

Today was the complete opposite of yesterday.

This was my 3rd game, had already lost the previous 2.
    This was the team...that set out about DEFENDING !!!....I knew it was gonna be a nightmare from the start.
    I don't even play healers...but had to for the sake of it....
    Fckin game ! You'd expect it in QuickPlay...but....

Oh...and the message in chat...
    It's MCREE : There is no proper dealer on our team....so I'll go McCree

6TidTxi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

SeantheMan wrote: »

What tier are you playing in? That's one of the worst team comps I think I've ever seen, lol.

SeantheMan wrote: »

This was the team...that set out about DEFENDING !!!....I knew it was gonna be a nightmare from the start.
    I don't even play healers...but had to for the sake of it....
    Fckin game ! You'd expect it in QuickPlay...but....

Oh...and the message in chat...
    It's MCREE : There is no proper dealer on our team....so I'll go McCree

6TidTxi.jpg

That has to be the most un thought of bunch of picks I ever did see. And we played as a six stack with 3 healers once :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What tier are you playing in? That's one of the worst team comps I think I've ever seen, lol.

I had the same in a few placement games. Although it was an attack Torb instead of Sombra :pac:

Gold. But as you can see most of em are Plat (somehow)...prob got demoted for their picks :P
    It made me turn off the game for 30 mins, get some tea and recover mentally:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

giphy.gif

how come everyone except you has a chinese(i think) name and ive yet to see even one? are you in china?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

how come everyone except you has a chinese(i think) name and ive yet to see even one? are you in china?

If he answers you, he has to kill you

If he answers you, he has to kill you

그가 당신에게 대답하면, 그는 당신을 죽여야 만합니다

dudeeile wrote: »
    그가 당신에게 대답하면, 그는 당신을 죽여야 만합니다

Dear god, how did you know? :eek:

나사 한조

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Dear god, how did you know? :eek:

그의 위치가 그렇게 말했기 때문에!
    나사 한조

No thanks.

dudeeile wrote: »
    그의 위치가 그렇게 말했기 때문에!

No thanks.

그녀가 말한 것 그게 전부 야.

aaaaahh yer the fella in korea who can't game when the kids are in their gaming cafes, i see

• Advertisement

aaaaahh yer the fella in korea who can't game when the kids are in their gaming cafes, i see

This conjures the kind of mental image of a straight to Dvd Kevin James lead "comedy"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement