Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I settled down, came back for one more game.
    Was presented with this...I'm done for tonight

Also, I laughed at this
    IvoryTower wrote: »
    how come everyone except you has a chinese(i think) name and ive yet to see even one? are you in china?
    It does say under my profile pic on the left there :P
    You'll see a fair few on the US servers too these days, Chinese,Korean and Japanese all invading.

HFfi2BC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Today was the complete opposite of yesterday.

This was my 3rd game, had already lost the previous 2.
    This was the team...that set out about DEFENDING !!!....I knew it was gonna be a nightmare from the start.
    I don't even play healers...but had to for the sake of it....
    Fckin game ! You'd expect it in QuickPlay...but....

Oh...and the message in chat...
    It's MCREE : There is no proper dealer on our team....so I'll go McCree

I Laughed heartily at that :) I went through a phase last season where I got an awful lot of Hanzo/Widow on attack and defence. The match where we had a hanzo, widow and Ana was the last straw and I took a week break.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

dudeeile wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Well tbh I made a similar face when you kept telling me to switch to Lucio when attacking Eichenwalde, despite us already having a Mercy and another healer.

Out of 12 hours played this season in Comp

D.va - 6 h
    Junkrat - 4 h
    Lucio - 28 mins
    Orisa - 28 m
    Mercy - 21 m
    Zenyatta - 9 m
    Winston - 7 m

The other ~20 mins is split between Mei, Hanzo, Soldier 76, Pharah, Ana, Genji and Rheinhardt

You can blame me for making bad picks as long as you want tbh. You'd swear people were competing for top 500 the way they react when someone picks outside of their own perceived pool of what's okay to pick.

We easily won that match on Eichenwalde, opponents didn't even realise there was someone on point. And yet the focus was on me because I played Genji for the 2 minutes the match took.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

**** platinum anyway I'm getting absolutely mauled. Dead with mercy every 10 seconds. My team cracking up, had to leave the chat uurgh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Well tbh I made a similar face when you kept telling me to switch to Lucio when attacking Eichenwalde, despite us already having a Mercy and another healer.

Out of 12 hours played this season in Comp

D.va - 6 h
    Junkrat - 4 h
    Lucio - 28 mins
    Orisa - 28 m
    Mercy - 21 m
    Zenyatta - 9 m
    Winston - 7 m

The other ~20 mins is split between Mei, Hanzo, Soldier 76, Pharah, Ana, Genji and Rheinhardt

You can blame me for making bad picks as long as you want tbh. You'd swear people were competing for top 500 the way they react when someone picks outside of their own perceived pool of what's okay to pick.

We easily won that match on Eichenwalde, opponents didn't even realise there was someone on point. And yet the focus was on me because I played Genji for the 2 minutes the match took.

Yep that's it totz.

nothing to do with 6 matches in a row where you never threw one ult because you, kept changing character every time you died -_- not one single ult.

refuse to D.va in comp because your sick of her, yet go to quick play and pick d.va because there's no point practicing in quick play, i`ll practice in comp.

pick pharah and die 11 times 0 kills, finally get ult changes to lucio.
    dies once changes to junk rat gets 1 kill then dies and switches back to pharah.

then blame the dps for not healing themselves as we have a reaper and soldier.

all fine no biggie...

goes solo que and plays mercy and d.va.

you do you totz you do you.

congratz on gold tho and good luck staying there.

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Yep that's it totz.

nothing to do with 6 matches in a row where you never threw one ult because you, kept changing character every time you died -_- not one single ult.

refuse to D.va in comp because your sick of her, yet go to quick play and pick d.va because there's no point practicing in quick play, i`ll practice in comp.

pick pharah and die 11 times 0 kills, finally get ult changes to lucio.
    dies once changes to junk rat gets 1 kill then dies and switches back to pharah.

then blame the dps for not healing themselves as we have a reaper and soldier.

all fine no biggie...

you do you totz you do you.

congratz on gold tho and good luck staying there.

Yeah, there's where your argument falls down. I've never refused to play as D.va in Comp as long as nobody else wants to play her

My stats and time played per character this season don't reflect those bull**** numbers you've plucked from thin air.

6 matches in a row with no ult? lol

Played Orisa mostly today actually but whatever, why would I not pick x character in solo? Not sure why you're trying to be such a pain about it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

7b8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Take it to 1V1.

Lemmie watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

What would posses someone to wall players into their own spawn with 60seconds left , and the game very close to being won.
    http://plays.tv/video/59519bf2ca5de191c2/toxic-mei-walling-us-into-spawn-with-60-seconds-left-

next game we had someone kill themselves over and over again in some kind of protest leaving it 5vs6.

screw this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

papu wrote: »
    What would posses someone to wall players into their own spawn with 60seconds left , and the game very close to being won.
    http://plays.tv/video/59519bf2ca5de191c2/toxic-mei-walling-us-into-spawn-with-60-seconds-left-

next game we had someone kill themselves over and over again in some kind of protest leaving it 5vs6.

screw this

That's on PC, right? Hope you reported him with the video.

• Advertisement

Really like the new feature that allows you to quickly look at everyone's mains in the group screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Benzino wrote: »
    That's on PC, right? Hope you reported him with the video.

Yup on PC, next game we had a snowflake who switches to TB and then leaves after our mercy asked him to stop over extending and dying ...

edit; then a one trick widow who was awful. lost that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I love when the Blizzard Matchmaking Gods are smiling on you. Won 4 in a row. Lost 3 then and have less Sr than I started with, I think. Great aul system.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dragged my sorry ass into gold last night after placing in bronze at the start of the season. I feel like my work is done but will be interesting to see how much farther up the ladder I can get.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Dragged my sorry ass into gold last night after placing in bronze at the start of the season. I feel like my work is done but will be interesting to see how much farther up the ladder I can get.

It will get a good bit tougher in gold especially if your solo playing. Who's your main?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

jonnycivic wrote: »
    It will get a good bit tougher in gold especially if your solo playing. Who's your main?

D:VA, once I started maining her I shot up through silver. Yeah I'm expecting to hit a wall at some point soon where the wins stop coming so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Had one game of comp last night and played the Mercy game of my life on Nepal. Rezing like Jesus, dodging bullets like Neo. I may never play Mercy again after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Anyone on PC in need of an very experienced Tank or Support/Healer or Pharah?
    Finally got set up properly with a headset, discord and a new Razer Deathadder Chroma arrived today
    Been plowing away at QP Solo but it is cancerous with the absolute cr@p people pick.
    Generic#21300

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Me child is actually sleeping for more than 3 hours straight now, so MIGHT be able to risk coming online (sticking to offline games at the mo in case im called away), so what have I missed? Any dramas? Much salt? I know you guys miss me. How are D.Va and Rein nowadays? D.Va was in a bit of a limbo towards the tail end of season 3

How are D.Va and Rein nowadays? D.Va was in a bit of a limbo towards the tail end of season 3

Dive Comp is in (still?)
    Teams are less focused on Rhein cause they are less "static", Dva is still good->great
    Reaper is class
    Insta-Lock Hanzo persists with randoms
    If 3 of your team are not Tanks + Healers combined, you're gonna have a bad time
    Getting rolled by teams who actually pick meta-heroes or heroes depending on the map and mode continues - More to come in Season 7
    Everyone placed considerably worse, yet climbed back to where they were after a few games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Everyone placed considerably worse, yet climbed back to where they were after a few games.

Eh speak for yourself there boyo, I was up from 1500ish to 1876 this season after placements :P

Dive Comp is in (still?)
    Teams are less focused on Rhein cause they are less "static",

Really? Had a feeling this would happen at some stage, is this because Orissa keeps folks a bit more mobile?

Really? Had a feeling this would happen at some stage, is this because Orissa keeps folks a bit more mobile?

Nope, tracer is very good at the moment so I would imagine its more to do with that but generic will be able to explain better.

Orisa actually has a function now yeah, and she does it handy enough.

But with the move to fast heroes, Rhein is just a big target. Teams now are focusing on Winston + DVa + Lucio + Genjo + Soldier + Healer

https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2017-05-25-overwatch-hero-tier-list-and-meta-report-anniversary-time-capsule

Now, granted those are "Pro" players/stats etc

Teams now are focusing on Winston...

image.jpg?w=640&c=1

I know right?
    Watching 20 mins of OW Youtube videos a day is starting to pay off :D
    Thankfully Pharah and Zarya are both decent Winston "counters"

Thankfully Pharah and Zarya are both decent Winston "counters"

Reaper makes bits of him now too and in some cases tracer can cause mayhem with winston due to zipping out and winston not having his jump charged by the time she gets far away.

Was playing a bit of Reaper last night on PC, he's a beast now alright. Really lives up to his "Tankbuster" profile

Can afford another golden gun. Going through each hero like...

tumblr_o8rx12Zsb51qep51no1_400.gif

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Can afford another golden gun. Going through each hero like...

tumblr_o8rx12Zsb51qep51no1_400.gif

Just hold on to the Comp Points. They're bound to release new stuff to buy with them at some point. All the golden guns are meh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement