Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Good point. They should release an ultra-swanky skin for each hero that costs 3000CP.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've two golden guns and almost enough for another, but I'm keeping it this time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just hold on to the Comp Points. They're bound to release new stuff to buy with them at some point. All the golden guns are meh

I am going to get 1 Golden Gun no matter what.... Mercy's :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Main issue I have with the golden guns is they aren't really all that visible to other players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Main issue I have with the golden guns is they aren't really all that visible to other players.

Once I can see it thats all that matters :P

• Advertisement

Zarya's definitely is, but a lot aren't. I bought one for Symmetra. That was just thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I am going to get 1 Golden Gun no matter what.... Mercy's :D

Mercy's golden staff is actually decent. I've definitely noticed people using it.

Same for Rheinhardt but it would be hard to miss that

Mercy's golden staff is actually decent. I've definitely noticed people using it.

Same for Rheinhardt but it would be hard to miss that

Thats not mercy's staff your seeing, its mine :P

Does D'va have a golden gun only when she is out of mech?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Grayditch wrote: »
    Zarya's definitely is, but a lot aren't. I bought one for Symmetra. That was just thick.

Lol I got the one for Orissa (derp), and have one for reaper and Roadhog, I may hold off buying until the next character comes out (hopefully doomfist).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Thats not mercy's staff your seeing, its mine :P

Does D'va have a golden gun only when she is out of mech?

No, I'm pretty sure her turrets are golden.
    Overwatch-golden-weaponry-dva-mech-365x389.jpg.optimal.jpg

• Advertisement

papu wrote: »
    No, I'm pretty sure her turrets are golden.
    Overwatch-golden-weaponry-dva-mech-365x389.jpg.optimal.jpg

Image is blocked in work but I'll take your word for it :P

I never actually go through the skins etc unless I open a loot box so I couldnt even tell you whats in each char haha

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

papu wrote: »
    Lol I got the one for Orissa (derp), and have one for reaper and Roadhog, I may hold off buying until the next character comes out (hopefully doomfist).

There was actually some mention of Doomfist in a crash report on PTR the other day. Might be a sign that it's on the way alongside the 'Summer Games' event

http://www.pcgamer.com/overwatchs-ptr-suggests-that-patch-113-may-usher-in-doomfist/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Zenyattas golden orbs look swanky, they'll be my first gold weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I went for Ana and am happy with it, it looks baller with her kneeling emote.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Frustrating game in Anubis where on Point B the other team had a Bastion in the corner with Orisa dropping shield in front. We just didn't have an answer for that :(

Benzino wrote: »
    Frustrating game in Anubis where on Point B the other team had a Bastion in the corner with Orisa dropping shield in front. We just didn't have an answer for that :(

Anyone try Junkrat? He can bounce grenades off the back wall for any Torb/Bastion tucked into corners. Can run a Riptire up and over the wall too without time for anyone to destroy it.

Anubis is one of Junkrat's best maps, attack and defence.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Anyone try Junkrat? He can bounce grenades off the back wall for any Torb/Bastion tucked into corners. Can run a Riptire up and over the wall too without time for anyone to destroy it.

That's a good shout, no nobody tried him. I'll know the next time though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Or a decent boosted Pharah assuming no soldier on the enemy team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Nody wrote: »
    Or a decent boosted Pharah assuming no soldier on the enemy team.

Or a good widow (though they're few and far between)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Tracer can blink in and pluse bomb him. Or have Mei put a wall under Bastion and team shoot him once he's above the barrier?

• Advertisement

We did have a tracer and a pharah, although they had a soldier. If I recall correctly, they were dps heavy with only 1 healer and Orisa.

Good suggestions for next time I encounter, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Just hold on to the Comp Points. They're bound to release new stuff to buy with them at some point. All the golden guns are meh

There is an interview with Kaplin somewhere and he mentions the golden guns as being one of his regrets, that it draws players in to comp who maybe shouldn't be there just because they want a golden gun to show off. Going by that I'd say you're less likely to see new items for comp points than more.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Tracer can blink in and pluse bomb him. Or have Mei put a wall under Bastion and team shoot him once he's above the barrier?

They're pretty high risk against a shielded Bastion. Mei has to get in his line of sight to put a wall under him and Tracer has pretty low health, plus you'll need to build an ult every time you want to move him.

Junkrat is low risk with more damage potential since he can bombard him from miles away and break shields. Bastion will constantly be on the move.

Junkrat attacking point B is brilliant. Meta-lovers will give you shít though.

And then say nothing when it works.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Get D:VA to boost in with DM activated while rein charges. D:VA will eat all the bastion fire and anything rein tries to hurl at you and your rein should pin either the bastion or enemy rein. Your dps should focus fire on the enemy rein/bastion while this happens as they'll have no shield and be distracted. Not really viable in solo queue though as it takes a bit of team work and co-ordination and a lot of reins are too scared to charge in so aggressively on a bastion/rein set up.

Might I just add that sombra would also be a good pick to counter that bastion, go invis and sneak in on top of him and melt him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They're pretty high risk against a shielded Bastion. Mei has to get in his line of sight to put a wall under him and Tracer has pretty low health, plus you'll need to build an ult every time you want to move him.

Junkrat is low risk with more damage potential since he can bombard him from miles away and break shields. Bastion will constantly be on the move.

But there was an Orrisa barrier in front of Bastion. By the time Junkrat burns the barrier down Orrisa will put another up.

Can Bastion not out heal Junkrat spam aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Get D:VA to boost in with DM activated while rein charges. D:VA will eat all the bastion fire and anything rein tries to hurl at you and your rein should pin either the bastion or enemy rein. Your dps should focus fire on the enemy rein/bastion while this happens as they'll have no shield and be distracted. Not really viable in solo queue though as it takes a bit of team work and co-ordination and a lot of reins are too scared to charge in so aggressively on a bastion/rein set up.

This is the most effective and also fun strategy.

With Sombra, I find you're better off hacking Bastion to disrupt him into sentry mode than trying to melt his crit spot in turret mode. He can spin and kill you easily before you get his HP down in turret mode.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    This is the most effective and also fun strategy.

With Sombra, I find you're better off hacking Bastion to disrupt him into sentry mode than trying to melt his crit spot in turret mode. He can spin and kill you easily before you get his HP down in turret mode.

Not if your standing on top of him he can't :pac:

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    But there was an Orrisa barrier in front of Bastion. By the time Junkrat burns the barrier down Orrisa will put another up.

Can Bastion not out heal Junkrat spam aswell?

But it won't be just Junkrat dealing damage. Spamming a clip or two with Junkrat in their corner with even a little supporting damage will have Orisa and Bastion scrambling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement