Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Not if your standing on top of him he can't :pac:

while sombra strats work great in theory, esp on the B point of anub it's going to be very crowded, and if the team is anyway coordinated you're going to get rushed quickly.

Best would be an EMP with sombra, but this will take time to build , if the other team has a mercy she could get a rez off, and after taking the point you'll have to defend it as they respawn.

Point B on this map is such a stalemate sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I still feel like his self heal is genuinely too effective.

- Sincerely a salty Pharah player

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I still feel like his self heal is genuinely too effective.

- Sincerely a salty Pharah player

I completely agree, its too much and recharges far too quick.... I'm only saying this as someone murdering everyone with him lately :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J. Marston wrote: »
    But it won't be just Junkrat dealing damage. Spamming a clip or two with Junkrat in their corner with even a little supporting damage will have Orisa and Bastion scrambling.

He's in the left corner as you run into the point. So in order to shoot him you have to get onto the point and turn your back on the main spawn door.

Or am I picking up the OP wrong on what corner the Bastion is sitting in? I'm assuming he's in the right corner on the defensive side so when the attackers walk onto Point B Bastion shoots them in the back.

Orisa annoys me more than Rheinheart, at least it's easier to get an angle above/diagonally to pelt him with rockets and make him 2nd guess his position and you can also "Boop" him away from Bastion, which is genuinely one of my favourite things to do in the game, especially when they are up on a ledge like the choke defending point A in Anubis :pac:

• Advertisement

Also, Widowmaker on PC has been f**king up my **** with Pharah like 3,000% more than she does on Console for obvious reasons... been picking Zarya more and more on PC :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Also, Widowmaker on PC has been f**king up my **** with Pharah like 3,000% more than she does on Console for obvious reasons... been picking Zarya more and more on PC :o

KB/Mouse I would imagine would make widow fairly good on PC :)

Yuuuuuup. realised that over the past few days, definately helps her and McCree.... both of which "counter" Pharah.... makes sense as to why she is such a beast on Console comparatively since if she was to be patched/buffed/nerfed it would be based on PC playing for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Pharah takes too much self damage from rockets IMO

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Pharah takes too much self damage from rockets IMO

Its so much fun causing suicides with winstons bubbles though.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

papu wrote: »
    Its so much fun causing suicides with winstons bubbles though.

Or boosting into her face as D:VA when she ults.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Or boosting into her face as D:VA when she ults.

Or throwing a Symmetra shield her way when she ults.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Came across this, totally forgot about it...but knew I wasn't blind at the time. Though seems I was wrong about the red.
    By Stonehardt I meant no mask/visor/helmet type

7SpFyYZ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Since hog nerf I've started using Reaper, seems to work well in Plat. I just like to flank, kill, run away.. basically hog tactics but you need to get closer amd fire off 3 good headshots. ez pz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

emmetkenny wrote: »
    He's in the left corner as you run into the point. So in order to shoot him you have to get onto the point and turn your back on the main spawn door.

Or am I picking up the OP wrong on what corner the Bastion is sitting in? I'm assuming he's in the right corner on the defensive side so when the attackers walk onto Point B Bastion shoots them in the back.

Yeah, that was the situation. I tried Sombra but I couldn't hack the bastion as he was also surrounded by Symmetra's turrets.

D.va's DM might have worked but that required team coordination, which was lacking due to solo queuing. Even then, you'd have to take down the turrets and shield before get to Bastion. And that's not even mentioning the others on their team.

Benzino wrote: »
    Yeah, that was the situation. I tried Sombra but I couldn't hack the bastion as he was also surrounded by Symmetra's turrets.

D.va's DM might have worked but that required team coordination, which was lacking due to solo queuing. Even then, you'd have to take down the turrets and shield before get to Bastion. And that's not even mentioning the others on their team.

The Sym turrets would have wrecked the DVa though. Only thing that could have made it harder to take out the Bastion would have been a Torb turret towards the main spawn door to shoot you in the back when you turned for Bastion :pac:

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The Sym turrets would have wrecked the DVa though. Only thing that could have made it harder to take out the Bastion would have been a Torb turret towards the main spawn door to shoot you in the back when you turned for Bastion :pac:

Yeah, they Home Aloned that point up! Jose Mourinho would have been proud. I think Junkrat might have been the best option with some coordinated support!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Win 2. Lose 2.

Forever.

Yeah, they Home Aloned that point up! Jose Mourinho would have been proud. I think Junkrat might have been the best option with some coordinated support!

Where Bastion was it'd be hard enough to get correct bounce on the Junkrat spam but a Winston might have been good to take out the Sym turrets to let a DVa in.

Very hard to organise that in solo though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Winston's basically a wasted pick against Bastion, in solo que anyways. I'd have presumed they were throwing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

To everyone's surprise the Roadhog nerf dropped his pick rate like a stone but also took his win ratio to second worse game wide (about a 8 percentage unit drop). All stats etc. can be found in the video for more detail but yea; expect a RH buff down the line and hopefully more clarity on his supposed role.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Nody wrote: »
    To everyone's surprise the Roadhog nerf dropped his pick rate like a stone but also took his win ratio to second worse game wide (about a 8 percentage unit drop). All stats etc. can be found in the video for more detail but yea; expect a RH buff down the line and hopefully more clarity on his supposed role.

It's still early days though... a lot of people won't be used to the changes at this point. And casual players probably won't have heard about them at all. Seems like an excuse for clicks/views more than anything...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

A Neurotic wrote: »
    It's still early days though... a lot of people won't be used to the changes at this point. And casual players probably won't have heard about them at all. Seems like an excuse for clicks/views more than anything...
    Except if you bothered to check you'd note that taking Platinum up players in competitive play and you get the same result in each tier as well. Hence the excuse "casual players has not heard about it or know how to play" goes out the window as a reason why his win rate suddenly dropped from 51% to 43%. If someone who's Master league can't understand how to play a hero that has not fundamentally changed (all actions does the same thing; only less damage per shot) will not need long to figure it out; the problem is RH has always been built around the hook and that is now gone out the window more or less and left only a ultimate hog for the enemy team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Nody wrote:

Saw him on a couple of enemy teams tonight and was pleased. Playing Mercy I got hooked a few times and still managed to escape. He's a liability on a team now.

Weired game on Volskya. Up against a team turtling on point A. Bastion, Mercy, Torbz, Reinhardt, Orisa, Symettra. They set up in the little bunker and never went more than 3 t from it. Wave after wave shredded.

They need to do a Symmetra and reskill RH. I get the idea behind him, but it doesn't work. Currently he is the weakest of the tanks by some margin imo. Before, getting hooked and one shotted was frustrating to play against and felt cheap.

That's one of the great things about Overwatch for me, is that in general no character feels OP and your deaths never feel cheap. I don't think they can make RH a viable tank over the others without making him frustrating to play against.

In saying all that, if any dev could get the balance right, I'd trust it to be Blizzard. They have done a stellar job so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They need to do a Symmetra and reskill RH. I get the idea behind him, but it doesn't work. Currently he is the weakest of the tanks by some margin imo. Before, getting hooked and one shotted was frustrating to play against and felt cheap.

That's one of the great things about Overwatch for me, is that in general no character feels OP and your deaths never feel cheap. I don't think they can make RH a viable tank over the others without making him frustrating to play against.

In saying all that, if any dev could get the balance right, I'd trust it to be Blizzard. They have done a stellar job so far.

Apart from the Bastion nonsense at the beginning of season 4 where he could withstand almost everything in the game. Even a point-blank D.Va ultimate when he was nano-boosted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

J. Marston wrote:
    Apart from the Bastion nonsense at the beginning of season 4 where he could withstand almost everything in the game. Even a point-blank D.Va ultimate when he was nano-boosted.

I think they're hero adjustments need a lot of work honestly, those bastion buffs were flagged as a huge mistep on the ptr well before it went live, also this roadhog Nerf was seen as too much as well.

Compare it with diablo ptr changes, they stay on ptr longer and are tweaked before hitting live.

Jeff Kaplan has commented that basically people are imagining that the RH Nerf is too much because a few streamers said so. He made similar statements about the bastion buffs before having to climb down on that one.
    He also said previously that ptr wasn't the best indicator of how these hero adjustments will play out on live servers.

I think blizzard have a great design team, and ptr seems to work perfectly for all their other ip's.

Honestly I think Kaplan as overwatch lead is the issue here as he doesn't seem to trust ptr at all.

J. Marston wrote: »

Yeah, that was a bit much alright. I do think people overreacted at the time though. He was still manageable and personally it changed the meta which was getting boring at that point.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Honestly I think Kaplan as overwatch lead is the issue here as he doesn't seem to trust ptr at all.

I disagree. He is kinda right. They have the stats for ptr, and he mentioned before that people tend to go on ptr to check out the new changes then return to the normal game after a just few games, which isn't enough time to judge the changes. The problem with ptr is that there is no incentive to play on it, your could be ranking up or getting loot boxes in their normal game.

Also, people tend to hate change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Our team got wiped by two ults, but I managed to swoop in as Mercy and Rez, and keep enough alive to capture the point and win the round.

The ****ing HANZO gets PotG with two arrow headshots. I wept bitter tears ;_;

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement