Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

papu wrote: »
    Its so much fun causing suicides with winstons bubbles though.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Or boosting into her face as D:VA when she ults.
    papu wrote: »
    Or throwing a Symmetra shield her way when she ults.:pac:
    I hate you as much as the Ulted Lucio who jumped into me just as I shot him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

fixxxer wrote: »
    Our team got wiped by two ults, but I managed to swoop in as Mercy and Rez, and keep enough alive to capture the point and win the round.

The ****ing HANZO gets PotG with two arrow headshots. I swept bitter tears ;_;

Only mercy POTG's i've seen lately wer big res and had kill/blaster damage in them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The higher you go, the more toxic **** you encounter.

Season high of 3467, got back to 3464 before 3 losses in a row. 2 thanks to throwers. 1 of which was a two stack who decided to go Torbjorn and Symmetra on Oasis after we lost the second round to make it 1-1. Lost 27 and 29 SR for each of them while crawling up there with 18-25 SR per win.

Cúnts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive been maining support this season, mercy,Lucio Ana in that order of time played as i really enjoy the role.
    Lately im getting absolutely no protection when i play mercy unless someone from my friends list is on my team.
    Players just dont care and dont bother to protect yet whinge and whine when your dead and the team need a big res.
    Mercy is by far my favourite hero but its so frustrating to play when solo queueing.

So tonight i started to run with tracer in competitive as i know i have a half decent aim , [144hz gsync monitor and the final mouse pro level mouse helps bigtime :) ] but also and probably just as important is the blink management,get this down and your half way to being a decent tracer.
    Just had a game there tonight where i got 71 eliminations,55 of which were objective elims and 29k damage, thats my best elims count on any hero quickplay or competitive.
    Felt so rewarding after weeks of despair while playing mercy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Five games tonight and five wins. It was brilliant after the crap I've played and been teamed up with for the last week or so.

Just four points behind my season high. I've started playing Mercy more on defense, Lucio/Zen on Attack and Lucio on KOTH. I'm really seeing a lack of second healers this season though so it's usually just me solo healing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Fell back down to 2100 or so, only to pull it back to 2282. Just needed one more win before bed to hit 2300+

Torbjorn on attack on Eichenwilde, running into the archway repeatedly dying. I knew in the first min it wasn't to be. Asked him nicely to change twice and he spammed the thanks button.

Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Diamond trash. Fúcking losers."

"You realise you're diamond too?"

"This is my smurf. Grandmaster on my main account."

giphy.gif

Sure, bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone seen the price of that new DVa statue that Blizzard are releasing? Holy f*ck!!

madcabbage wrote: »
    Anyone seen the price of that new DVa statue that Blizzard are releasing? Holy f*ck!!

Link? I can't see it on the site.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Link to where I can tell them to shut up and take my money?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Link to where I can tell them to shut up and take my money?
    Here ya go; I like it but my wife would kill me if she ever saw my credit card statement after buying one :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Oh, jesus christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

It's so beautiful...

"There is a limit to two (2) statues per customer."

Harsh...

Oh, jesus christ.

As a DVa main you both need and deserve this :)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    As a DVa main you both need and deserve this :)

Just sent the link to herself there, let's see what happens :pac:

Just sent the link to herself there, let's see what happens :pac:

It's been nice knowing you :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Solo que last night, 1st game was shocking, nobody went near the point to cap and we got destroyed. Second game and as soon as the select char screen came up some fella was flashing mercy so I couldnt pick, eventually I got her selected then he started flashing lucio, someone picked lucio then he flashed the remainder of picks which wasnt a bad comp makeup. We went in and not 1 person had a clue what they were doing it was soul destroying so at the end of the game I just shut my ps4 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Grayditch wrote: »
    "There is a limit to two (2) statues per customer."

Harsh...

At $450 a pop you'd think they'd be glad to shift the f*ckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Solo que last night, 1st game was shocking, nobody went near the point to cap and we got destroyed. Second game and as soon as the select char screen came up some fella was flashing mercy so I couldnt pick, eventually I got her selected then he started flashing lucio, someone picked lucio then he flashed the remainder of picks which wasnt a bad comp makeup. We went in and not 1 person had a clue what they were doing it was soul destroying so at the end of the game I just shut my ps4 down.

This is what eventually will stop me playing Overwatch. I love it, it's the most fun I've had with a game in years. But unless I've got at least one friend in the team its painful.

I had a game last night where the team was Mercy, hanzo, ana, lucio, genji, Dva on Ilios. An absolute mess of a match with no one on coms and Genji off playing single player mode by himself at the enemies spawn.

Like, I keep thinking there must be some sort of way to limit the ****ery in Comp, like the game blocking picks once a certain number of a character type is picked or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i won my first game since i got my ranking last night, a good day, i think i finally lowered my rank enough to make it about right

fixxxer wrote: »
    This is what eventually will stop me playing Overwatch. I love it, it's the most fun I've had with a game in years. But unless I've got at least one friend in the team its painful.

I had a game last night where the team was Mercy, hanzo, ana, lucio, genji, Dva on Ilios. An absolute mess of a match with no one on coms and Genji off playing single player mode by himself at the enemies spawn.

Like, I keep thinking there must be some sort of way to limit the ****ery in Comp, like the game blocking picks once a certain number of a character type is picked or something.

I normally play in a three stack. One guy is an excellent Rein player (decent Winston and Zarya aswell), second guy is a brilliant DPS (Solider, Reaper, Tracer) and I heal. Can add balance to any team..... We still usually end up with one healer and one tank though :pac:

IvoryTower wrote: »
    i won my first game since i got my ranking last night, a good day, i think i finally lowered my rank enough to make it about right

How many did you lose before winning?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Think I'm going to start planning my sessions on OW Comp a bit more in advance on PS4.

Think I'm going to start planning my sessions on OW Comp a bit more in advance on PS4.

Yeah, solo is a non runner for me cos I'll just smash my pads off the wall in frustration.

I try and stick to a "two losses in a row and I'm done" approach in solo. Easier said than done sometimes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i think maybe 3 or 4 then a draw then a win. onwards and upwards! certainly the first couple were awful, i think around 2444 rank(not sure). I need a backup to mercy plan, if a team is good at picking her out im done for. I havent really taken tot he other healers atall atall

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yeah, solo is a non runner for me cos I'll just smash my pads off the wall in frustration.

If yous need one more, I can fill the numbers. Solo is just misery these days.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    i think maybe 3 or 4 then a draw then a win. onwards and upwards! certainly the first couple were awful, i think around 2444 rank(not sure). I need a backup to mercy plan, if a team is good at picking her out im done for. I havent really taken tot he other healers atall atall

Boostio is beast :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Grayditch wrote: »
    If yous need one more, I can fill the numbers. Solo is just misery these days.

That would be cool.

I genuinely just want a consistent group of 6 on PS4 that want to win and climb rank (or at least plateau to a stage where it's still enjoyable and consitent)
    I've fallen from Plat-Placing to Silver-Placing now. I'm done arguing about stuff. It's time to just execute.
    I feel I'm wasting about 20 minutes a day watching youtube videos on picks/strats/comps/metas and never getting a chance to actually try some of these things :o

PSN: GenericDreadHead

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement