Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overwatch - Blizzard's latest game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Boostio is beast :pac:

I tried to use him once and his special just seemed to do nothing so didn't bother again. In the time i have wrote this post I definitely could have just googled it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I tried to use him once and his special just seemed to do nothing so didn't bother again. In the time i have wrote this post I definitely could have just googled it :D

His Ult is great. I've mainly used it defensively to counter a Solider/Reaper Ult or when an enemy Rein/Mei/Zarya Ult to let people survive. I'll also use it to tackle an ulting Genji, I'll drop my ult and charge the Genji and boop him away from my team.

I've started using it more offensively now though, especially with a Rein. I'll have the Rein hammer down and pop my ult so he can go crazy swinging even if he didn't get everyone in the HD.

ill give him a bash when im playing quickplay so.

ill be on tonight if yis are in quickplay between 8pm and 11pm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I feel I'm wasting about 20 minutes a day watching youtube videos on picks/strats/comps/metas and never getting a chance to actually try some of these things :o

PSN: GenericDreadHead

I'm well up for trying out actual plays, yeah. I'll add ya when I'm on. PSN: Snorkledork

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Decided to give Overwatch a shot at the beginning of the Anniversary event and while I've yet to start into Competitive Play, preferring to get better at a diverse mix of Heroes first, I have a question about my time in QP so far.

This came out in 2007, how the **** is it still an issue and please for the love of god, tell me it's not as widespread in competitive play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

gizmo wrote: »
    This came out in 2007, how the **** is it still an issue and please for the love of god, tell me it's not as widespread in competitive play?

Hah i've sent that comic to a few people who seem to ignore the Mercy.

At higher levels of comp i've started to hear "Find the Mercy, kill the Mercy first!" at the start of team fights, though it's always a bit up in the air as to whether anyone get her in time.

I'd prefer an attempt was at least made to take her down rather than fruitlessly plowing into the likes of Reinhardt or D.Va even when they have their respective shields up.

It's gotten so bad that when I play as Lucio I don't actually mind when the enemy team focus on me because at least I know there's some people out there with a bit of sense. :o

Suspended for a few min for quitting after a comp game, do you have to wait for voting or wah

Suspended for a few min for quitting after a comp game, do you have to wait for voting or wah

I think you only have to wait until Victory or Defeat flashes up.

Okay grand thanks, giving lucio a bash, his ult gives everyone extra health is it?

• Advertisement

Okay grand thanks, giving lucio a bash, his ult gives everyone extra health is it?

Basically yes but it's more like an 500hp overshield for 6 seconds.

His ult is absolutely brilliant for taking over a point. Boosting 5/6 people who run in gung-ho. Also fantastic for defending a point from a wave. He's a fantastic pick for a lot of maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

gizmo wrote: »
    Decided to give Overwatch a shot at the beginning of the Anniversary event and while I've yet to start into Competitive Play, preferring to get better at a diverse mix of Heroes first, I have a question about my time in QP so far.

RIP TF2

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I've encountered a prick called HanzoGod360 now a handful of times and he's thrown each time. Even have a clip of him saying "I don't care, I'm trying to lose."

Blizzard would want to pull the finger out on the console report function.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I've encountered a prick called HanzoGod360 now a handful of times and he's thrown each time. Even have a clip of him saying "I don't care, I'm trying to lose."

Blizzard would want to pull the finger out on the console report function.

Can you not block him on PS4 like you can on Xbox?

Can you not block him on PS4 like you can on Xbox?

Don't think so. If there is some way, someone let me know please!

J. Marston wrote: »
    Don't think so. If there is some way, someone let me know please!

There's definitely an option on Xbox where you can block the players profile so you won't be matched with them anymore.

There's definitely an option on Xbox where you can block the players profile so you won't be matched with them anymore.

That's an amazing option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

you can block someone on psn as well handy enough actually, not sure it guarantees you can never get matched against them tho, isnt that down to blizzards matchmaking??

jcd5971 wrote: »
    you can block someone on psn as well handy enough actually, not sure it guarantees you can never get matched against them tho, isnt that down to blizzards matchmaking??

No if you block someone on Live you won't be matched with the again. If I prefer a player then I've a higher chance to be matched again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

PS4 does not have that kind of functionality afaik. Doesn't stop be blocking them anyway just in case

No if you block someone on Live you won't be matched with the again. If I prefer a player then I've a higher chance to be matched again.

The answer is yes it is supposed to. However, not all (developers) will recognize the block due to matchmaking preferences and populations. I believe that if they don't actively recognize the block it makes it so you can be matchmade against them in the future, it's down to each individual(developer) to implement.

I remember that quote from 343 studios when one of the halo games released, I'll try to find the full original quote and edit it in

from xbox website.

Block another player on Xbox One

Blocking another player prevents you from receiving the player’s messages, game invites, and party invites. It also prevents the affected player from seeing your online activity and removes them from your friends list, if they were on it.

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    Select Friends & clubs, and then select the gamertag of the player you want to mute.
    Note If the player is not on your friends list, select Recent players from the drop-down menu or Find someone and enter the player’s gamertag to search.

From the player's profile card, select Report or Block, and then select Block.

says nothing about matchmaking.

its the same on both consoles its designed as more of a communication block than anything else.

The answer is yes it is supposed to. However, not all (developers) will recognize the block due to matchmaking preferences and populations. I believe that if they don't actively recognize the block it makes it so you can be matchmade against them in the future, it's down to each individual(developer) to implement.

I remember that quote from 343 studios when one of the halo games released, I'll try to find the full original quote and edit it in

from xbox website.

Block another player on Xbox One

Blocking another player prevents you from receiving the player’s messages, game invites, and party invites. It also prevents the affected player from seeing your online activity and removes them from your friends list, if they were on it.

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    Select Friends & clubs, and then select the gamertag of the player you want to mute.
    Note If the player is not on your friends list, select Recent players from the drop-down menu or Find someone and enter the player’s gamertag to search.

From the player's profile card, select Report or Block, and then select Block.

says nothing about matchmaking.

its the same on both consoles its designed as more of a communication block than anything else.

It's the Xbox reputation system I was talking about. Link here that gives a bit of a breakdown on Overwatch.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745765155

It's the Xbox reputation system I was talking about. Link here that gives a bit of a breakdown on Overwatch.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745765155

interesting i'd admit to be a bit skeptical, however great if it works.

How's everyone finding the season so far.

Personally I hate it, having real trouble as a tank main. Ditched hog since the nerf and that's ok as I have a decent pool of tanks to play from (dva winston are really boring though) but phara/mercy combo is an absolute killer. Mostly because plat can't hit the side of a barn door. Honestly, I was in a game with where we had a dva mcree zen and soldier..still couldn't kill the phara, running past her shooting at a rein shield ... it drives me absolutely crackers.

started playing sombra and just gone about ignoring my SR. Turned off chat and mic too, I find this season really really toxic. I'l' give it a go for a while but this game is starting to grind on me

interesting i'd admit to be a bit skeptical, however great if it works.

It does work. I know a guy who got a red rating after been reported so many times for spawn trapping on COD :pac:

Sight808 wrote: »
    How's everyone finding the season so far.

Not enjoying this season at all to be honest. Never hit a tilt as bad as this before. I've pulled it back to 2300 or so but it's just littered with throwers and quitters.

Gonna have a few games with the lads for a change from solo. I don't mind losing games if everyone is trying but knowing you're getting steamrolled before the game has even started is really irritating.

Not being a meta moaner, but some picks are just mental with people refusing to change.

Zero craic.

Same as Sight. Twice I've worked my way up to 3464 and 3467 only to plummet back to 3100-ish almost straight away. Been playing well for the most part with Winston but he's a tough character, especially since Reaper's back.

Feck meta from now on, I'm playing Junkrat for the majority of games from here on. Will probably drop further due to PharMercy but I have fun playing with him.

Also, on Pharah, I don't think there's a single hero in the game whose success relies almost entirely on another character. From my experience....

Pharah without Mercy = Trash, not even a nuisance.
    PharMercy = Absolute pain in the ass.

Finally decided to start my Placement matches.

Three losses in a row. First two games folk were all over the place, awful team comp, not playing the objective and no cohesion to their play in general. Third match started well but then two guys started screaming at each other which not only distracted them but also resulted in another team mate just leaving leading us to get whupped.

That was....less fun than I expected. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

That's comp for you

Its not so bad with a friend and you can just switch to a **** hero and make friends once it goes 6v5

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement